CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Right.

Have you even tried MM on 360?

The game matches you with whoever it wants s far as connection goes.

Seriously, go play some 360. Sure, you'll get into a game no problem, but 90% of them are laggy.

Party Vs Party MM is the best thing for a game, but its 100% true that MCC does not have the population capable of giving us primo games. 

You guys can continue negging me but the truth is that you'd be waiting even LONGER while searching. I see tons of people complaining about "I was searching for 20 minutes" and then the same person goes and says "I got matched against a team of 4 and got betrayed all game". Right now, the game restricts based on skill matching (yes, it works), and connection (yes, the connections are better than 360). In Halo 5, you bet your ass we will need to4 vs to4, but MCC can't do it without making you wait forever.

The solution, no matter your excuse, is to start adding good people you meet in MM, make some posts on here, and build a network of friends that will join your party and search with you. Thats exactly what I did. I've met tons of great people and have never had a problem with shitty team mates or betrayals since launch. All it takes is some initiative and social skills.

I'm not excusing 343 for their shitty MM, but Halo has always been a gamble when you search by yourself. Right now, if I search with some of my buddies with high ranks, we get good games 9/10 times against other high ranks. Were all 40-50 and get matched with 40-50. Things are a ton better now. If you're a 15 and you search alone, you're gunna get fucked by the system.

I got your back Jawshe! You have been paid your reparations in +rep. Some community members seem to have splinters up their ass when it comes to the truth about halo. In time these randy kids will accept the truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I genuinely enjoy H2A.  I don't enjoy it as much as H1 or H2, but it's third on the list for me.

I prefer easier shooting that's consistent over shooting that's more difficult partially because of intentional randomness, so it goes ahead of H3 for me because of that and the more natural feeling movement.  I haven't enjoyed any of the games with armor abilities because I guess I just don't have the mental capacity to accurately predict player movement with those extra options added into the equation.  The lack of those 'abilities' automatically places it above Halo 4 for me.

H2A is actually pretty close to beating out H2, but that's only because I almost exclusively play H2A in custom games with quick spawning static weapon timers.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can anyone confirm if they modified H1 shooting at all, or if they just simply reverted their change from last patch?

Right.

Have you even tried MM on 360?

The game matches you with whoever it wants s far as connection goes.

Seriously, go play some 360. Sure, you'll get into a game no problem, but 90% of them are laggy.

Party Vs Party MM is the best thing for a game, but its 100% true that MCC does not have the population capable of giving us primo games.

You guys can continue negging me but the truth is that you'd be waiting even LONGER while searching. I see tons of people complaining about "I was searching for 20 minutes" and then the same person goes and says "I got matched against a team of 4 and got betrayed all game". Right now, the game restricts based on skill matching (yes, it works), and connection (yes, the connections are better than 360). In Halo 5, you bet your ass we will need to4 vs to4, but MCC can't do it without making you wait forever.

The solution, no matter your excuse, is to start adding good people you meet in MM, make some posts on here, and build a network of friends that will join your party and search with you. Thats exactly what I did. I've met tons of great people and have never had a problem with shitty team mates or betrayals since launch. All it takes is some initiative and social skills.

I'm not excusing 343 for their shitty MM, but Halo has always been a gamble when you search by yourself. Right now, if I search with some of my buddies with high ranks, we get good games 9/10 times against other high ranks. Were all 40-50 and get matched with 40-50. Things are a ton better now. If you're a 15 and you search alone, you're gunna get fucked by the system.

I feel like some playlist like doubles could survive with party restrictions on so teams always match teams and randoms match randoms since it's only 4 people to get a game. And HCS could work too because they're a lot of FAs that would search solo or in twos and then you got the teams searching 4s. No excuse to let that playlist match teams with randoms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone confirm if they modified H1 shooting at all, or if they just simply reverted their change from last patch?

Gonna play it right now

Edit: seems better, I'm not a h1 person though so someone else would be a better ask

I should know better than to assume they're making logical decisions, but if it was simply being reverted there was no reason to A. take this long, or B. take this damn long.

I got your back Jawshe! You have been paid your reparations in +rep. Some community members seem to have splinters up their ass when it comes to the truth about halo. In time these randy kids will accept the truth.

There's nothing good that will come of designing the game so doubles partners can match randoms in 2v2. It's not even logical in any shape or form, nor balanced, and the population can certainly support at least this much. In the ranked playlist where the individual has the most power, they can't even search alone. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? FFA isn't ranked either, so forget that. It's dumb as hell to accept something like that.

At best, it'll make even more people not want to search because they don't have a full team for whatever they want to play at any given time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They cant do this for H3 though?

Lack of party restrictions makes the ranks somewhat pointless cause once you hit 20 you're forced to search 4s or enjoy your Ls. Hell yesterday I played and I kept matching to4s and I'm like 11 cause more people are catching on. 

Search in 4s or dont search at all is hardly a solution

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lack of party restrictions makes the ranks somewhat pointless cause once you hit 20 you're forced to search 4s or enjoy your Ls. Hell yesterday I played and I kept matching to4s and I'm like 11 cause more people are catching on. 

All they did was revert to pre-patch. Halo 3 is fucked beyond belief.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They reverted it, pistol is easy af like it was before.

booo.

And beyond for fuck sake fix your shit. I'm getting redirected to download Farmville and shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

It feels the other way around for me, I search in 4s at lower ranks cus all my teammates are gonna be shit and at higher ranks I have a better chance of searching alone and getting good teammates

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if everyone on the other team quits you lose experience? Just ranked down after making the other team quit. So we get punished for beating them so badly that they give up?

In CE or every playlist?

I'm finding games as quick or quicker than I have since the big update that sped it up for the majority of people. 

The only real issue I and I think the majority of people are having now is that going in alone in Hardcore is asking for being annihilated. The way it matches up individuals should be tweaked to avoid parties at all cost.

This last update slowed it way down for me. I was finding them faster with the previous update.

so the pistol is back to being easy as fuck again?

I've played 3 games so far, and that's what it feels like to me.

I've played 3 games so far, and that's what it feels like to me.

sigh...

don't they hae the OG code for CE somewhere in the offices? Can't they look at the numbers and input those same numbers for the pistol into MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 1