CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not sure why people are negging Jawshe, there are tons of halo communities of players asking for teammates all the time, including this forum. Don't be shy and just add them and play. Who knows, you might get a lifelong friend out of it? I added like 20 people from this forum alone.

The truth is this games matchmaking is severely fucked and putting in party restrictions will make it unplayable. Jawshe is giving you solutions to make the game bearable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i haven't had a problem when i run in 4s i get other po4s when i run 2s i get other po2s and 2 randoms. i usually ask the other team if they are a party or check there profile. is everyone 100% sure they are matching party's of 4 running solo or is it just some thing to bitch about?

Some are legit, most are players just bitching because they got bad teammates in a particular game.

Recently got lucky in the HCS where all my team had mics and in game chat (they weren't a party) the other team got wrecked. Bad mm? No, just bad luck and laziness to put a mic on the other side.

H2A is the 4th worst game in the collection and is the one being played at tournaments. Why?

H2A is the 4th worst game in the collection and is the one being played at tournaments. Why?

H2A is the worst, Halo 4 is better.

Fight me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's new and it's what 343 wanted to push because it's essentially their baby.

I keep seeing the same 5 people crying about getting matched against a to4 when searching alone, and those same people complaining about bad teamates.

You guys realize you can search with friends right? They patched that a few months ago...

You are all well aware that you WILL get bad teamates and that its entirely possible to get matched against a to4. We all know this already. So take the initiative and invite some people to your lobby.

I don't understand how people go I to MM knowing this, get raped, then feel the need to come on the forums and fill it with useless stories.

The game SHOULD use party matching, but it can't because of low population. I wish it was there but the truth is that it probably will never be.

Get some friends dudes.

Nice rational post 

-4 rep. This forum is pathetic at times

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My opinion on the Halo's.

Halo 2 > Halo CE >>>>>>>>> Halo Reach ZBNS >>>>>> Halo 3 >>> Halo 4 >> Halo 2 Anniversary >>> Default Halo Reach.

The only reason I rate 2 higher than 1 is because I feel like the game is just designed around 4v4 better than CE. 2v2s is second by like a thread.

Wouldn't you be more psyched though if you could play lockout in CE?

Move sniper to sword, put Camo at shotgun, put OS at sniper, a shotgun at each BR and Rocks in the center... or something like that.

Middy in CE - could be cool.

I even think Colossus might play well - kinda has a HEH vibe to it.

Backwash would be sorta like Wizard but with that fog to add to the aiming skill gap?

Obviously it would be A LOT OF WORK to get the spawns right and all that - but it would get me way more interested than a Turf remake for H2A.

I started working on Lockout for Halo PC (with the intention of eventually porting it to OG Xbox), but the tools for ripping H2 map models are primitive and I have to redo all the texture mapping and shaders. I do believe that Lockout could be great with proper CE spawns and different weapon placement.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love how hating H2A is the kvlt, edgy opinion to have nowadays. Worse than Halo 4? Seriously?

I would rate it so much higher if it weren't for the intense auto-aim/magnetism on both the BR and the sniper, the nade splash damage and radius, and the grenade indicators on the grenades. These things make playing this game annoying as hell for me. But like I said, that's just my opinion. A lot of individuals on here will more than likely disagree with my H2 > CE bit more than the H2A > H4 bit. But the thing is I like them both SOOOO much more than everything else on the disc. That's why I explicitly put one '>' because I like Halo 2 just a tad bit better.

I keep hearing people saying that this or that "isn't possible because of low population".

May this serve as a daily reminder that unless you either:

• a) have some insider info on playlist player counts, or
  • b) have a developer-level understanding of matchmaking systems and player counts necessary to merit a certain functionality,

You are making a statement based on an assumption, which is flawed logic.

The fact of the matter is that OG H3 and Reach have relatively low populations counts and the matchmaking in those games works miles better than in MCC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sick of seeing people blindly say "We can't have more playlists" or "We can't implement party restrictions" simply because they ASSUME that population counts are too low. Speculate all you want, but I keep seeing these assumptions stated as facts, which they most definitely are NOT.

I think its MUCH more likely that 343i lack the skills to implement these features correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's new and it's what 343 wanted to push because it's essentially their baby.

So 343 is hitler got it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I keep hearing people saying that this or that "isn't possible because of low population".

• b) have a developer-level understanding of matchmaking systems and player counts necessary to merit a certain functionality,

The fact of the matter is that OG H3 and Reach have relatively low populations counts and the matchmaking in those games works miles better than in MCC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sick of seeing people blindly say "We can't have more playlists" or "We can't implement party restrictions" simply because they ASSUME that population counts are too low. Speculate all you want, but I keep seeing these assumptions stated as facts, which they most definitely are NOT.

I think its MUCH more likely that 343i lack the skills to implement these features correctly.

Did you read our posts? No one is saying it's impossible. We agree with you that 343i is incompetent. Also halo 3 is on the 360, and devs have stated they are still having problems with the xbone live system.

completely off topic from what you guys are talking about but i just started playing again now that Team Hardcore is ranked and its literally unbearable by myself. I thought ranks would stop quitters but kids quit out the moment they start losing by even 3 kills..

I dont remember this being a thing back in h2 originally, all the youngsters cant take being bad i guess??

so damn frustrating.

Nice rational post

-4 rep. This forum is pathetic at times

It was -7 at one point. People here live in a fairytale land where they think 343 is competent enough to develop a solid matchmaking system. Did they play this game at launch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had a default service tagger afk all game. That theory about 343 having bot accounts so people get games is gaining some ground in my mind...

• B) have a developer-level understanding of matchmaking systems and player counts necessary to merit a certain functionality,

Right.

Have you even tried MM on 360?

The game matches you with whoever it wants s far as connection goes.

Seriously, go play some 360. Sure, you'll get into a game no problem, but 90% of them are laggy.

Party Vs Party MM is the best thing for a game, but its 100% true that MCC does not have the population capable of giving us primo games. 

You guys can continue negging me but the truth is that you'd be waiting even LONGER while searching. I see tons of people complaining about "I was searching for 20 minutes" and then the same person goes and says "I got matched against a team of 4 and got betrayed all game". Right now, the game restricts based on skill matching (yes, it works), and connection (yes, the connections are better than 360). In Halo 5, you bet your ass we will need to4 vs to4, but MCC can't do it without making you wait forever.

The solution, no matter your excuse, is to start adding good people you meet in MM, make some posts on here, and build a network of friends that will join your party and search with you. Thats exactly what I did. I've met tons of great people and have never had a problem with shitty team mates or betrayals since launch. All it takes is some initiative and social skills.

I'm not excusing 343 for their shitty MM, but Halo has always been a gamble when you search by yourself. Right now, if I search with some of my buddies with high ranks, we get good games 9/10 times against other high ranks. Were all 40-50 and get matched with 40-50. Things are a ton better now. If you're a 15 and you search alone, you're gunna get fucked by the system.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I cannot believe Bonnie Ross broke the silence to basically twiddle her thumbs about putting all games on a separate disc.

Lady, the problem isn't only the outsourcing, the delayed patches, sporadic 'hotfixes', the Xbox One just is not the platform to succeed the 360.

They're lying, if their only concern in money than putting all the games in one disc was the best choice, she's just saying all this bs to try to maintain the fans

They're lying, if their only concern in money than putting all the games in one disc was the best choice, she's just saying all this bs to try to maintain the fans

Not only is it this, but it's the purest example. Bonnie is the most toxic figure of the team behind MCC, at least Bravo took the stand when she couldn't.

We don't know the populations, but I have a hunch that they are low enough that they're just trying to throw games together regardless of party size.

This is one of the effects of the blown launch. They segregate the population, which is okay if you have enough people playing. Problem is, they fucked the launch so bad that people just gave up on the game. So now there aren't enough players to support the ranking system we want.

That is true. Do you want quick search times and unfair teams or slow search times and fair teams (in regards party restriction) .

• Upvote (+1) 1