CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They need to make this game free in perpetuity for the Xbone. You wanna sell consoles? Be the console with 5 free games.

I don't care that I paid $60 ($500 really), let's get some damn players on this bitch.

That's not happening. Free DLC with maps that people actually care about will help a lot though.

They need to make this game free in perpetuity for the Xbone. You wanna sell consoles? Be the console with 5 free games.

I don't care that I paid $60 ($500 really), let's get some damn players on this bitch.

They should hand out free DLC like EagleHeart said, except we should have a skull that makes Sword Flying happen again.

You're welcome, 343.

Are these the casuals that halo was reaching for with their new games? 0-12 4-17 WTF MAN COME ON, I'm just going to accept the fact I suck because I can't carry them

I keep seeing the same 5 people crying about getting matched against a to4 when searching alone, and those same people complaining about bad teamates.

You guys realize you can search with friends right? They patched that a few months ago...

You are all well aware that you WILL get bad teamates and that its entirely possible to get matched against a to4. We all know this already. So take the initiative and invite some people to your lobby.

I don't understand how people go I to MM knowing this, get raped, then feel the need to come on the forums and fill it with useless stories.

The game SHOULD use party matching, but it can't because of low population. I wish it was there but the truth is that it probably will never be.

Get some friends dudes.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Except a very large number of 'friends' might have returned the game and have no interest playing it again regardless of fixes?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Except a very large number of 'friends' might have returned the game and have no interest playing it again regardless of fixes?

That's no excuse though. All my friends left too, but I go in and add people from MM, forums, etc. You have to make some sort of effort to make new friendships if Halo means a lot to you.

There are plenty of people alone on this one forum that I'm sure would search with you.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You guys realize you can search with friends right? They patched that a few months ago...

They patched in friends to my friends list?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's no excuse though. All my friends left too, but I go in and add people from MM, forums, etc. You have to make some sort of effort to make new friendships if Halo means a lot to you.

There are plenty of people alone on this one forum that I'm sure would search with you.

Or you know, 343 could fix something that should have been there since day one...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm finding games decently fast. If you're searching with a partner make sure they are in your game. It sometimes shows that they are in your party, but they actually aren't.

This is true, make sure all players in the party should be in searching screen. Sometimes a player is left in the lobby screen.

Can someone explain me what's the point of Ranks in a playlist, if you want that Parties always play vs Parties and Randoms always vs Randoms?

I think we all agree that purpose of matchmaking is to find you a match within an acceptable time and within your Rank range (making quality games close score games).

With party restrictions you penalize Teams for making an effort to party up.

Without party restrictions, Teams will eventually level up to a level where they will only find other Teams (or very good solo players). And players who always play solo will reach a ranks where they get close games (quality games) most of the time.

When a playlist get Ranks everyone start at Rank 1, even if you go as a team you could get a team of pros and get wrecked. This SHOULD be expected,  if you want to avoid this wait a few weeks before trying to grind that playlist. 

Solo players should not expect to be always Ranking up, you will get reach a Ranks range where you get close games and that's the point of matchmaking, mm job is not giving you good teammates with mic all the time.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Can someone explain me what's the point of Ranks in a playlist, if you want that Parties always play vs Parties and Randoms always vs Randoms?

I think we all agree that purpose of matchmaking is to find you a match within an acceptable time and within your Rank range (making quality games close score games).

With party restrictions you penalize Teams for making an effort to party up.

Without party restrictions, Teams will eventually level up to a level where they will only find other Teams (or very good solo players). And players who always play solo will reach a ranks where they get close games (quality games) most of the time.

When a playlist get Ranks everyone start at Rank 1, even if you go as a team you could get a team of pros and get wrecked. This SHOULD be expected,  if you want to avoid this wait a few weeks before trying to grind that playlist. 

Solo players should not expect to be always Ranking up, you will get reach a Ranks range where you get close games and that's the point of matchmaking, mm job is not giving you good teammates with mic all the time.

I rip on Halo 3 every chance I can get, but in this case it is a prime example that you can have working skill matching and party restrictions with acceptable search times.

If Halo 3 could do it, why shouldn't mcc be able to?

The population argument doesn't count either, because you can still find a close match in halo 3 now.

If H3 had the population MCC does now, you would get good teammates with mic's most of the time and only get parties when searching as one.

If Halo 3 could do it 8 years ago, we don't need to rationalize why they can't do it now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Jawshe I have friends but they have a job just like i do so its hard to get some game time in lol "Get some friends dudes" lmao

i haven't had a problem when i run in 4s i get other po4s when i run 2s i get other po2s and 2 randoms. i usually ask the other team if they are a party or check there profile. is everyone 100% sure they are matching party's of 4 running solo or is it just some thing to bitch about?

That's not happening. Free DLC with maps that people actually care about will help a lot though.

It already has every map. Unless you mean H2A maps... which I could not give a shit about if I tried.

Now if the somehow found the time, effort and skill to make some H2 maps work in CE or some CE maps work in H2C - that I could get behind.

It already has every map. Unless you mean H2A maps... which I could not give a shit about if I tried.

A lot of people do though. If they announce a free H2A map pack with Beaver Creek, Midship, and Terminal, it will get a lot of attention.

Imagine if they had released H2C only with the campaign graphics overlayed for multiplayer and a couple new maps..

That would've been a real service to Halo 2 ten years later.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Imagine if they had released H2C only with the campaign graphics overlayed for multiplayer and a couple new maps..

That would've been a real service to Halo 2 ten years later.

Just releasing the original H2 ten years later would have been a service. Instead we get an H2V port.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The higher rank you are, the more of an issue party restrictions become as if you're searching 50 high, hypothetically, you're going to need higher quality players--which are a pain to gather. The higher rank one becomes, the more they'll care about winning, so it essentially turns into having to search in 4s if you want a to rank up, which I don't think is very fun because it's quite the hassle, as friends are often playing with their friends and etc. 

So right now it's probably easy to just invite any semi-competent player and destroy since everyone's mixed among the low ranks, but in the future it'll be a lot more frustrating. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people do though. If they announce a free H2A map pack with Beaver Creek, Midship, and Terminal, it will get a lot of attention.

Wouldn't you be more psyched though if you could play lockout in CE?

Move sniper to sword, put Camo at shotgun, put OS at sniper, a shotgun at each BR and Rocks in the center... or something like that.

Middy in CE - could be cool.

I even think Colossus might play well - kinda has a HEH vibe to it.

Backwash would be sorta like Wizard but with that fog to add to the aiming skill gap?

Obviously it would be A LOT OF WORK to get the spawns right and all that - but it would get me way more interested than a Turf remake for H2A.

I rip on Halo 3 every chance I can get, but in this case it is a prime example that you can have working skill matching and party restrictions with acceptable search times.

If Halo 3 could do it, why shouldn't mcc be able to?

The population argument doesn't count either, because you can still find a close match in halo 3 now.

If H3 had the population MCC does now, you would get good teammates with mic's most of the time and only get parties when searching as one.

If Halo 3 could do it 8 years ago, we don't need to rationalize why they can't do it now.

Yes, sadly MCC still need a lot of work to improve mm times.

I do agree with Soft party restrictions, meaning the game try to match party vs party, if not found say in a 1 minute then find whatever players within that Rank range.

but it would get me way more interested than a Turf remake for H2A.

I have never understood the appeal that Turf had with people. Was it because you could drive the warthog through the drive-through window or what?

• Downvote (-1) 1