CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

ayqnni.gif

I'm ok with this. This could add to objective gametypes.

I preferred the E3 shield bar, though. Maybe it just looks different due to them having F.lux on the whole time.

You guys think that BxR will still be considered cheating?

If they were, I doubt they would be talking about them - at all.

seeing as they're not in h2a i would assume so

They aren't in the 6 remastered maps because it's running on a "new" (halo4) engine. All button glitches will be in the original multiplayer.

I don't mind what they are doing at all with H2A. In fact, all the little things they add into the mix may be pretty fun. Probably won't make the game more COMPETITIVE, but it still is completely separated from Halo 2 Classic.

My focus remains on CE netcode, LAN, and playlists.

I think the ability to play Halo with decent settings without having to organize custom games is the most important thing up in the air at this point. I don't want to play Halo 2 SMG starts, Halo 3 AR starts, and CE with radars (or only 4v4).

• Upvote (+1) 6

When was it considered cheating before?

All through halo 2- bungie would always recommend reporting someone for cheating if they were using any of the button glitches.

They still held their ground even in the final days of the game being online...

Is there any videos of the Q&A yet or at least any transcripts I missed the stream.

The questions were ass dude. We knew everything already. As long as you stayed up to date with all the news, you knew all the answers.

EDIT: A guy asked if they were planning a Halo 3: Anniversary - like really?

• Upvote (+1) 4

They're not touching OG H2. To me, I don't really like what they're doing with H2A, but I won't be playing it. Plus, it only has 6 maps, I'd much rather play H2 on all the maps then play the same 6 maps over and over again.

Thank you for clarifying!

Yah I doubt I will be playing H2A that much either but I'm kind of iffy about the new players coming on to this game and expecting a really good game because of all the hype and being turned off because of all of these additions to H2A (because you know the newer players will be playing that because of the graphics instead of the older game).

Good to hear though that H2 is still untouched, and it betta stay that way unless they wanna fight about it #bigwhoopwannafightaboutit

Refer to my last post.

Yes. I am aware not everyone loves multiplayer, but come on... You have to admit you would rather hear about ranks first as opposed to something that you know is already in the game.

Sure, but I can't control everyone's questions

All through halo 2- bungie would always recommend reporting someone for cheating if they were using any of the button glitches.

They still held their ground even in the final days of the game being online...

343 has a different stance on the button glitches. They understand that a lot of Halo 2 players loved them, and they're not actively going out of their way to piss those fans off to fix them.

They were justifiably removed from the new multiplayer because they were never intended to be there in the first place, and the new multiplayer is meant to be Halo 2 if they could have finished it back in 04.(With some obvious new content)

• Upvote (+1) 2

When was it considered cheating before?

By Bungie back when Halo 2 MP was still working

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the noob combo in Halo 2 was more cheating than the button glitches. That shit was "Mentally Challenged"

I think we can now move on from "is using H2:A a possibility for competition" and never look back....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the noob combo in Halo 2 was more cheating than the button glitches. That shit was "Mentally Challenged"

It is censored for a reason - don't bypass it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just to clarify, all the stuff like assault rifles, the gungoose, and the silenced SMG were things that were cut from Halo 2, which is why they're being added into the H2A maps.  the shield thing on ascension, not exactly, but they did intend to give more of the maps interactive elements, so it's obviously in the spirit.

EDIT: ^^ good job for censoring that, guys.  I'm serious, gets thrown around way too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I'm a bit cynical, but I don't like seeing Ricochet being added to the H2A playlist hopper. That gametype will just remind me of Halo 4. 

I didn't know H4 PTSD was a real thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Opinions on the slight changes to Ascension and the new weapon and vehicle additions?

I see potential with that new Gungoose, looks so badass.

People actually take offensive to the word?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure if this was confirmed but did they say button combos will not work on H2A multiplayer?

Also, Do you think they're going to have dlc for remade maps? Even though they should have it in the first place.

I'm not sure if this was confirmed but did they say button combos will not work on H2A multiplayer?

Also, Do you think they're going to have dlc for remade maps? Even though they should have it in the first place.

No button combos on the new H2. Entirely untouched on the old.

DLC would be nice, but remastering the old maps for the new engine is a lot of work, and is work that could be better-utilized on making Halo 5.

Button combos will NOT work in H2A MP, only classic Halo 2. 

As for DLC, depends on how popular the MC Collection, specifically the H2A portion.

Censoring? Really?

I think most of us are old enough that we can handle some text being posted on an internet forum.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Censoring? Really?

I think most of us are old enough that we can handle some text being posted on an internet forum.  :kappa:

We only censor derogatory terms and racist comments. I think we can all agree that no one really takes offence so a fuck, shit, cunt, etc every so often.

This post is giving me an excuse to swear, I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 1