CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The damage has been done.  The only thing saving 343 are the people who see a pretty cgi promo for H5 and buy right back into the hype. 

Doesn't matter, the masses are going to buy a Treyarch CoD game this fall regardless because it's easier to jump into and do well.  Not to mention all of their friends probably will as well.  There was a time for Halo, and that gaming generation has passed.  The majority of the modern gaming population doesn't want a hardcore game that rewards skill, they want a game that anybody can get clips in.  Developers and publishers know this.  That's why Halo has a lower individual skill gap nowadays.

Speaking of the skill gap, I myself identify as primarily a Halo CE player because I like the gameplay and the mechanics even at a basic level..  It functions intuitively and gunfights are fun and exciting.  Exactly what I like in an FPS.  Not everybody is like me and that's okay.  But I will admit that some of the later Halo's DID have a skill gap and that was teamwork and mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 7

the game isnt broken, its in a way better state after all these patches than most people here would openly admit it to be

My friends don't give a shit about this game anymore. We used to marathon Halo. Then eventually dropped down to a mere 3 hours a night every night. I can't get them to play, even though I convinced them to by an Xbone for this game.

My wife thinks I must be stupid for liking H2, she started on Reach but won't play this game. We tried a few times early on and it left a sour taste. Say what you will about Reach, at least you could form a party, find a game, land shots and finish a match with all 8 players. MCC just made her regret selling the 360.

This game is permanently broken. No patch can fix what they killed with this launch. I keep thinking it can but I'm kidding myself. Still a frustrating experience and I won't twist the arms of my friends and wife to play when I know they will still be disappointed if they do.

I mean... Even if everything else worked perfectly - SMG starts? Give me a DMR with bloom over that garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll betcha they won't even mention MCC at E3, and if they do, they'll just continue the line of "oh, things were bad at launch, but it works better now...won't make same mistakes next time...BUY HALO FYVE11!1!1".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doesn't matter, the masses are going to buy a Treyarch CoD game this fall regardless because it's easier to jump into and do well.  Not to mention all of their friends probably will as well.  There was a time for Halo, and that gaming generation has passed.  The majority of the modern gaming population doesn't want a hardcore game that rewards skill, they want a game that anybody can get clips in.  Developers and publishers know this.  That's why Halo has a lower individual skill gap nowadays.

Speaking of the skill gap, I myself identify as primarily a Halo CE player because I like the gameplay and the mechanics even at a basic level..  It functions intuitively and gunfights are fun and exciting.  Exactly what I like in an FPS.  Not everybody is like me and that's okay.  But I will admit that some of the later Halo's DID have a skill gap and that was teamwork and mechanics.

100% This.

Here's a great quote from an old Shigeru Miyamoto interview:

"Naka: But Mario has sold 100 million copies. We can’t compete with that!

Miyamoto: Our thinking about that is the same as Namco’s. In their development process, they always spend a lot of time in the final tune-up phase. They’re very smart about programming there. So, in our own way, we too take a lot of time with game balancing: it’s like, “ok everyone, time for the tune-up!” That thinking derives from a saying we have at Nintendo: “it takes 5 years to build your brand, but only 2 to ruin it.”"

If by some miracle Elder Scrolls VI appears on the NX, sayonara Xbone!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

(Off-topic I know)

Much like the rumors of the Xbone pre-announcement there are particular doubts about the NX Rumors... I sincerely hope Nintendo isn't going to abandon any core values regarding online dependence... Don't make it rely on the internet for everything please.

EDIT:

On-Topic, you'd think they would give unique Skulls to ODST. Not that important in the grand scheme of things but still...

Its not safe. There are no party restrictions and it doesnt look like there will ever be any.

tumblr_inline_npdwm6BONV1qd7otq_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

But it made money.

In the eyes of the free market, it doesn't matter if the product is crap. If you can sell it, you did good.

True, but who knows, if this game worked as it should have at launched, it probably could have continued to sell a lot more copies.

People running solo running into a party of 4 is never fun and even less so when ranks are on the line. It needs to be addressed asap.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Matchmaking is only marginally better than day one for me now. Some playlists I find absolutely nothing even searching 20+ minutes and even in team slayer it now takes upwards of 10 minutes to find a game.
But apparently 343 thinks its fixed because we haven't been getting any matchmaking fixes anymore, so I guess I should just preorder Halo 5 right guys?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm finding games decently fast. If you're searching with a partner make sure they are in your game. It sometimes shows that they are in your party, but they actually aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just saw an IGN post that said there were ranks in all playlists.  I know that was not true the last time I booted the game up.  (Probably about a month ago)  Is it true now?  I particularly care about CE.  Is there still only one CE playlist?

Why can you still not boot people in CE? Every game in BTB has complete idiots betraying! Its infuriating.

I just saw an IGN post that said there were ranks in all playlists.  I know that was not true the last time I booted the game up.  (Probably about a month ago)  Is it true now?  I particularly care about CE.  Is there still only one CE playlist?

Ranks are in, H2A, HCS, H2, H3, H4 (lol), Doubles, Hardcore. CE ranks will be implemented once they fix the bullet magnetism bug.

This is the first time that I've had trouble finding games since launch.

In CE or every playlist?

I'm finding games as quick or quicker than I have since the big update that sped it up for the majority of people. 

The only real issue I and I think the majority of people are having now is that going in alone in Hardcore is asking for being annihilated. The way it matches up individuals should be tweaked to avoid parties at all cost.

I have to quit the build at least once every time to even have a chance of finding a game. This is pretty bad considering we're 211 days in, but at least we have ranks I guess..

In CE or every playlist?

I'm finding games as quick or quicker than I have since the big update that sped it up for the majority of people. 

The only real issue I and I think the majority of people are having now is that going in alone in Hardcore is asking for being annihilated. The way it matches up individuals should be tweaked to avoid parties at all cost.

I only play the H1 and H2 playlists.

This is the first time that I've had trouble finding games since launch.

I can't find a single game, ridiculous

People running solo running into a party of 4 is never fun and even less so when ranks are on the line. It needs to be addressed asap.

We don't know the populations, but I have a hunch that they are low enough that they're just trying to throw games together regardless of party size.

This is one of the effects of the blown launch. They segregate the population, which is okay if you have enough people playing. Problem is, they fucked the launch so bad that people just gave up on the game. So now there aren't enough players to support the ranking system we want.

• Upvote (+1) 3