CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Its even more upsetting getting plasma rifle starts in H2. Is it even possible to kill a moving target with a plasma rifle?

Dude, I kid you not, out of like the 30 games I've played Plasma Rifle start, I think I've died about 3 times. Legitimately. It's atrocious how anyone can possibly fathom playing with a Plasma Rifle start let alone keeping this gametype in for 7 months (tomorrow).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Second this..

Felt like I was on a EU host every single game. 

Nothing was registering.

I love going back on the 360 because the br feels so good compared to the terrible one on mcc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First four games of ranked doubles.

Halo 4

Halo 3 with awful registration, teammate immediately quit

Halo 2 team betrays me for snipe, then quits

Halo 3, solo mission teammate charging, dies 8 times in 2 minutes, immediately quits

Awesome. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to play a lot of halo 4 in these early levels too.

More than a little bit disconcerting that the article speaks of the all the problems in the past tense.

Ya well I can find games just fine so stop complaining hater

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Frankie Are we ever gonna get that post-mortem/explanation of what went wrong? Or is that still on the back-burner while things are still being fixed? Serious question. Not meant to antagonize.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Frankie Are we ever gonna get that post-mortem/explanation of what went wrong? Or is that still on the back-burner while things are still being fixed? Serious question. Not meant to antagonize.

While I also want that answer, I think part of MCC's issues were implied the same as implementing Co Op into Halo 5. The Xbox One is severely bloated as a platform and I'm certain they were pushing frames and graphics over optimization and stability.

While I also want that answer, I think part of MCC's issues were implied a similarity when discussing Halo 5's lack of Co-Op. At least one of the reasons we had such a broken end product was to maintain frames per second. Unfortunate but, I'll bet one of my fingers that that's what happened.

That could be one of the various reasons... But that doesn't really explain a good majority of bugs that shipped with this game (some of which were introduced after fixes were made) such as Anti-Aim, Not being able to find matches, no dedicated servers, games ending when the host quits, host being able to boot people, Halo 4 duplicate primary weapon glitch, Halo 3 dead zone inaccuracy..... Majority of the issues with this game were network, UI, GUI based. I don't think any of that had to deal with maintaining the framerate..

But then again thinking back, the stuff that continuously breaks in this game when completely unrelated aspects get patched is prevalent so who knows.

Played halo 3 most of this evening, was pretty fun, although good maps are very very rare for BR starts

i wonder are we ever going to get a snipers playlist i never really got to play it when it was rotational, do to not being able to find games. I hope we can get it permanent and some ranks in snipes it was my favorite playlist in h3.

Game 1 of team hardcore which is my all time favorite past time is Warlock CTF lose 0-5 because well 3 bad people. Game 2 Warlock CTF lose 0-5 a quitter and two bad people. Game three is Warlock CTF, lose 0-5 because 3 bad people. Game 4 is Beavercreek TS I drop 29 kills and I finally win a game. Game 5 is Beavercreek TS I get 26 kills and we lose. 

Not to mention just how bad people were in the Old ranked multi TS playlist. I went from a 25 to a 21 because I was always getting paired with a quitter right out of the gate or my teammates were just flat out terrible. 

I can no longer play alone or regardless if I get 26 kills my team will lose.

Had to vent sorry been a rough few days of Matchmaking haha. 

I hopped into BTB recently and got AR starts on Valhalla. I laughed my ass off, and then quit out because fuck that.

Let me guess was it Crazy King or the generic Assault gametype?

Let me guess was it Crazy King or the generic Assault gametype?

Yeah, assault. You're telling me that Crazy King ARs on Valhalla is a thing though? Yikes.

I hope no-one on this forum is picking warlock smg starts for h2a. Shame on you if so.

I dont think they will because of population numbers. 

In that case they should make all four randoms higher ranked than everybody on the team of four. I think that would be an good trade-off.

Yeah, assault. You're telling me that Crazy King ARs on Valhalla is a thing though? Yikes.

Every single generic Assault/Crazy King gametype is AR starts so avoid voting for them no matter what and of course Bravo doesn't reply on twitter when I try to get it fixed.  :kappa:

That could be one of the various reasons... But that doesn't really explain a good majority of bugs that shipped with this game (some of which were introduced after fixes were made) such as Anti-Aim, Not being able to find matches, no dedicated servers, games ending when the host quits, host being able to boot people, Halo 4 duplicate primary weapon glitch, Halo 3 dead zone inaccuracy..... Majority of the issues with this game were network, UI, GUI based. I don't think any of that had to deal with maintaining the framerate..

But then again thinking back, the stuff that continuously breaks in this game when completely unrelated aspects get patched is prevalent so who knows.

If I were to take a guess I would say that it was definitely a problem with project management. They did a very terrible job managing the whole MCC. They outsourced the game to very incompetent companies (For example Ruffian Games ported over the old H3 maps, the surround sound was completely reversed and the aiming was off and all this issues had to eventually be fixed later) and 343 was unable to meet their deadline. In order to make the MCC, a lot of corners were cut and a lot of basic features were stripped  (no file browser, lack of full armor customization, no chat indicators at launch, no unique emblems, no party indicators that showed how many people were partied up, no post-game lobby, the inability to save a full game in theater etc.). And the way that they handled the MCC post launch has been terrible with zero transparency, poor communication with the fans, they took no feedback from fans (lets remake the "fan favorite" Relic!), unable to meet their own self imposed deadlines and how they allocated barely any resources into fixing the game (7 months later it's still partly broken). 343's handling of the MCC would be a great case study for business students on everything that you should NOT do when running a business. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yesterday I played 75 games of double team straight. My friend and I got to level 19. Most games were good quality besides having a lot of foreign hosts for some reason. I also found out that some gametypes are designed to encourage self destruction, plasma rifle start midship? GREAT IDEA!