CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Why is this still a thing

http://imgur.com/7g7suIg

Because your host is shit! :kappa:

Seriously.. why isnt this game on dedis? They promised, didnt they?!

On the other hand, I havent touched this game in weeks. Feels good man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because your host is shit! :kappa:

Seriously.. why isnt this game on dedis? They promised, didnt they?!

Lol how do I tell if I have good host

Lol how do I tell if I have good host

Depends on your internet and where the people you're playing are from. Good internet helps though.

Depends on your internet and where the people you're playing are from. Good internet helps though.

I think 50 down and 5 up is good enough lol

^What is your ping? Also, good internet doesnt really help if the people you're playing are from the other side of the world. They should blame 343 though, not you.

Switch to PC, we have Blizzard and Valve on our side plus we can now refund shitty games on Steam.

2000 pages arguing about how shitty Halo has become won't change it.

Bro i just read that new refund policy this weekend. Steam stay winning

Bro i just read that new refund policy this weekend. Steam stay winning

Steam idefinitely ahead of the game.

It has nothing to do with Ready at Dawn though. Its more about the lessons of this one mans experiences while at Blizzard. Its not really a surprise his new company doesn't measure up to the one he came from. Hes basically just repeating the same core ideals that everyone that works/has worked at Blizzard stands by and its likely one of the fundamental reasons Blizzard is successful at more or less everything they do for the longest time now. Their biggest failure is probably D3 which they promptly fixed and it went on to be what was the highest selling PC game of all time at one point. It might still be. I know Minecraft was extremely close to it

I'm pretty sure D3 was the highest selling game when it first came out. I actually prefer pre RoS to how it is now.

Blizzard has always remained loyal to the #masterrace (except D3 which they promptly fixed into a good game by most people's standards) and in turn the masterrace has remained loyal to them. In fact, I would say they have the most loyal and hardcore core fan-base in the industry because of it. They do not need the casual fan-base as much as other developers do because of it. Other developers have made the mistake of selling out their core fan-base(Rainbow Six, Halo, UT, GoW, arguably Quake, Crysis,ect..) and have paid the price for it and now have no core fan-base left really. Basically, Blizzard is the captain of the ship that is loyal to his crew through thick and thin while devs like 343 look to hire as many mercenaries as possible for short term gain and profit over the long term.

It really is an admirable thing in this day and age, Blizzard has always put huge emphasis on community building and long-term support for their games to cultivate them into something bigger than just products which has created real tight-knit communities that have stood the test of time. I know its controversial to say so, but WoW is a great example of this despite allegations that it gradually became dumbed down. I wouldn't be surprised if Overwatch is the next big FPS e-sport/new FPS MP IP simply because of how great Blizzard is with building great core games for core gamers and cultivating e-sport communties. 

Blizzard has completely shifted their focus to casual gamers though. They dumbed wow way down, and said straight up that diablo 3 is being targeted to the casuial audience. Not to mention Hearthstone. They definitely do the best job in the industry for keeping updates, content, patches and everything coming for their games though.

Aaaaaaaand ranks are finally out. :ghost: :bman: :walshy:

so they ranked everything except fuckin H1....come on.....this cannot be life

:(

edit:

u have got to be kiddin me....i got so fuckin hyped up just now...smh

• Upvote (+1) 2

smh....just a couple more months boys. I'm disgusted. The shooting is not game breaking and they can always reset the ranks for all I care. I am tired of playing 10 games in a row where ppl quit out because the difference in skill level is large and it's not fun for them (or us) so they quit, match me with ppl at my skill level so I can enjoy matchmaking till you tweak the gun. Unbelievable. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

smh....just a couple more months boys. I'm disgusted. The shooting is not game breaking and they can always reset the ranks for all I care. I am tired of playing 10 games in a row where ppl quit out because the difference in skill level is large and it's not fun for them (or us) so they quit, match me with ppl at my skill level so I can enjoy matchmaking till you tweak the gun. Unbelievable. 

Basically. You can overcome the aiming issues, I just started playing CE like that, but aiming takes a backseat to just knowledge of the game. Same with the H3 aiming issues, every once in a while I die cause of it, but positing and map movement trump it more often than not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, why not just reset ranks after the aiming issues in CE are "fixed." It's not like ranks have been randomly resetting since they were initially implemented or anything.

I think the vast majority of H:CE players just want there to be ranks in the playlist, even if they will be reset. SMDH 343i, even when you do something right, you still manage to do something wrong.