CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not gonna happen. They always intended for Halo 3 to go into Hardcore, they just didn't have the tools to port the maps over until recently.

Its funny how they ported over the shitty Halo 3 forged map Smashed and have yet to port over Onslaught and Amplified.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Its funny how they ported over the shitty Halo 3 forged map Smashed and have yet to port over onslaught and amplified.

Thing is, they've probably ported them and they are just sitting on them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do not understand.

Days ago I beat ODST on Legendary, tonight for the first time I dig through the ODST playlists, lo and behold the vanilla difficulties playlists (Easy Playlist through Legendary Playlist, no tweaks) are not voided. You'd think such a generic playlist would be overlapped in Achievements. Nobody has that much time to complete 2,000 goals, especially if all Easy/Normal/Heroic completions could be unlocked or defaulted after finishing Legendary.

If my no-sleep in days typing is hard to read; an example:

I beat ODST on Legendary without selecting it through the Playlist option as a generic no-frills completion. For some reason doing it the way we remembered it originally rolls over difficulties 1-3 achievements, but does not complete the generic Playlist options. This is no skulls or multipliers activated.

Thing is, they've probably ported them and they are just sitting on them.

I don't know, I feel like that is giving 343 too much credit. They don't really seem like the type of company to have things prepared in advance. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been keeping up with any news lately.  Do they plan on making Halo 2 ranked? I'm getting sick of the Team Slayer playlist. 

I haven't been keeping up with any news lately.  Do they plan on making Halo 2 ranked? I'm getting sick of the Team Slayer playlist. 

Yes, H2 will be getting ranks. 343 expects that it will be ranked............Soon.

Ranks were supposed to be implemented "shortly after" last week's content update, but no idea what happened to that. If I were to take a guess, they are probably going to be released after E3 :/

Anyone who buys H5 on launch is either an idiot or a glutton for punishment

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Ranks were supposed to be implemented "shortly after" last week's content update, but no idea what happened to that. If I were to take a guess, they are probably going to be released after E3 :/

343i is secretly from Hawaii.  

The ranks will come out in 15 Hawaiian minutes.

not buy an Xbone with all the extra DRM bullshit and guess what... Microsoft changed their tune because they didn't want to lose sales and have hype for their product killed

I agree with a lot of what you said, and this relates somewhat to the rest of the features in H5, but how many of the DRM Xbone features being removed do you think were related to them turning out to be the only company that did it.

Or asked differently, if Sony had DRM on PS4, would Microsoft had changed?

Since Halo is no longer a trend setting but now a trend follower, how much of the lack of QA testing and many of the features do you  think have to do with the rest of the industry doing the same thing?

Anyone who buys H5 on launch is either an idiot or a glutton for punishment

But it's a different team so Halo 5 won't have any problems. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I heard there was a way to do it with the juggernaut gametype and that it works even better because it spawns you one frame later. Idk though I might play with it.

Video?

But it's a different team so Halo 5 won't have any problems. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I can't tell if you're serious. If you're just joking I apologize for this lol.

What does that have to do with anything. I'm pretty sure most everyone here is confident Halo 5 will work fine at launch, that's not the point.

The point is that 343 single handedly (bar Reach) turned Halo into a laughing stock of the FPS genre. They killed off the player base, radically changed Halos identity from anything unique or identifiable into something generic, and turned what could've been the Xbox One's saving grace of a game that could appeal to literally any type of gamer from MLG douchebags, machinima directors, forgers, speed runners, resolution heads, custom game kids, and likely single handedly revitalize the ENTIRE console competitive FPS Tourney scene for the ENTIRE life span of Xbox one..

Into something that even FURTHER completely trashes and shits on the brand name that used to be the face of video game consoles. The halo "legacy"of the original trilogy might've been one of the most revered gaming titles in history, and the MCC, a port of games already made, will go down as the worst launch in video games history. There is literally not one aspect this collection was not broken in. And still is 7 months later.

And people are still willing to buy Halo 5 because "I loved the beta! And it's a different team!"

THIS.

11RPmMB.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I will buy the H5 on launch. There are so much more than MM and I always play the campaign first; usually for weeks before even thinking about MM. And the Halo universe and the lore is something that 343 seems to grip. And even if H5 MM is worse than H2 I will probably prefer it over COD etc. And I only play xbox. Feel free to call me an idiot. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I really hope they don't add H3 to Hardcore, make H3 Hardcore its own playlist. I go into Hardcore for Halo 2 not to maybe play shitty h3

Ironically most people want h3 to be seperate so they don't have to play "shitty h2" lol, my friend's words, not mine.

They should be seperate because I imagen h3 will be picked 90% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I will buy the H5 on launch. There are so much more than MM and I always play the campaign first; usually for weeks before even thinking about MM. And the Halo universe and the lore is something that 343 seems to grip. And even if H5 MM is worse than H2 I will probably prefer it over COD etc. And I only play xbox. Feel free to call me an idiot.

After h4 campaign I have no interest in playing h5s. It's the ONLY campaign in the entire series I think is just plain crap.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After h4 campaign I have no interest in playing h5s. It's the ONLY campaign in the entire series I think is just plain crap.

After playing through them all on the MCC I actually thought H4 has one of the best campaigns of the series. No bullshit flood levels, loads of variety and really satisfying gunplay.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

People need to understand that there is no game that launches flawlessly( DICE are experts in this matter, followed by 343i), saying that H5 wont have any problems at launch is a bit of an exaggeration.