CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Another noob question: so in-game voice chat is bad in MCC so players use Skype. Do they use Skype from their computers or Xbox app? Will Skype still be used for voice chat in H5?

Another noob question: so in-game voice chat is bad in MCC so players use Skype. Do they use Skype from their computers or Xbox app? Will Skype still be used for voice chat in H5?

Xbox Skype app, but the party app is pretty stable now so either app is fine, just don't use broken in-game chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Computers allow for more users in call if they are host, and Yes. Skype quality is years beyond game chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Teamspeak is the :goat:  in the end.

jup teamspeak is the way to go

no NAT problems, no players dropping out of the party for a few seconds, good voice quality while having a very small codec

been using teamspeak for voice communication since the Xbox360

on a sidenote, if you have a mixamp

just attach the mixamps USB cord to the PC, that way you can talk and hear to both, Xbox and PC at the same time as it will act as an external soundcard for the PC

very usefull if you want to talk via teamspeak while having your surround sound on the console + option to talk with one single headphone/headset

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok, me and a couple mates just done the achievement for completing the ODST campaign in under 3 hours and it didn't unlock. Has this happened for anyone else?

Ok, me and a couple mates just done the achievement for completing the ODST campaign in under 3 hours and it didn't unlock. Has this happened for anyone else?

You didn't mention doing it on Legendary in under 3 hours, but it needs to be on Legendary.

Load up a campaign mission on ODST and it'll pop straight away.

jup teamspeak is the way to go

no NAT problems, no players dropping out of the party for a few seconds, good voice quality while having a very small codec

And you don't get hit offline for making yourself easy to find.

Everytime I hijack a Ghost on Remnant the kicked out driver start to hoover, like a levitating Buddha or something lol.

http://i.imgur.com/gneueaQ.gifv

...And the Ghost plasma weapon is pretty useless in H2A. The Ghost is only good for high speed splattering.

• Upvote (+1) 5

...And the Ghost plasma weapon is pretty useless in H2A. The Ghost is only good for high speed splattering.

You should see the Banshee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everytime I hijack a Ghost on Remnant the kicked out driver start to hoover, like a levitating Buddha or something lol.

It's even more useless in H2C.  Seriously, go back and try hitting anything with it.

Also rofl...that clip...

I really hope they don't add H3 to Hardcore, make H3 Hardcore its own playlist. I go into Hardcore for Halo 2 not to maybe play shitty h3

Imagine a power up that creates this kind of effect. Your Spartan goes into the lotus position, levitates and controls its weapon through telekinesis. Call it "enlightenment" x)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's unfortunate this game has become who gets the kid that goes negative double digits. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anybody have a good instant respawn gametype for MCC Halo 3? Or a decent warmup map for multis?

Won't be able to find an instant respawn for Halo 3 without mods and that won't be a thing for a long time probably

I really hope they don't add H3 to Hardcore, make H3 Hardcore its own playlist. I go into Hardcore for Halo 2 not to maybe play shitty h3

Not gonna happen. They always intended for Halo 3 to go into Hardcore, they just didn't have the tools to port the maps over until recently.

Anybody have a good instant respawn gametype for MCC Halo 3? Or a decent warmup map for multis?

Instant respawn Halo 3 was a mod. So no.

I heard there was a way to do it with the juggernaut gametype and that it works even better because it spawns you one frame later. Idk though I might play with it.