CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think the "problem" is not that you or some people in general like Halo 5, it is the fact that you as a customer of a company got a broken product (MCC) which is still not working to this day. 

If you would buy a car which misses half the promised stuff you paid for and where the rest is not working at all - would you still buy the next version of it or another product from that company? I guess not. And you cant say: Well there were other people working on the old car, so the new one will be fine. 

Of course a video game is not a car but that is exactly the point. People have to stop taking video games as "just games", they have to see it as a product like everything else out there in the world of products.

Lets say that next car releases and it works perfect or with very little issues and it is still appealing to you - do you just ignore it because they fucked up with the last iteration? Sure, it's shitty that the last iteration was terrible and still is to date, but if it's been out for a little bit and there are no major flaws? 

I'm not saying Halo 5 is going to launch and be flawless but if it does and you're interested in it, pick it up and play it. I probably won't be paying for it provided we get media copies but I would pay for it if I had to.

I don't even know if this can compare but XP was a great operating system and then Windows Vista was absolutely terrible. Microsoft proceeds to knock it out of the park with Windows 7 in every way imaginable. Windows 8 was a step in the wrong direction and then 8.1 and ultimately 10 is a much better step towards the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My friend's rank got reset yesterday. I thought they fixed that...

Well, guess we won't be seeing ranks for a long time then.

I'd rather them take their time with ranks, my main playlist already has them so I'm not too upset, but it's better that they implement them when they work perfectly, no need for another shitstorm.

I hope your rank resets.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the "problem" is not that you or some people in general like Halo 5, it is the fact that you as a customer of a company got a broken product (MCC) which is still not working to this day. 

If you would buy a car which misses half the promised stuff you paid for and where the rest is not working at all - would you still buy the next version of it or another product from that company? I guess not. And you cant say: Well there were other people working on the old car, so the new one will be fine. 

Of course a video game is not a car but that is exactly the point. People have to stop taking video games as "just games", they have to see it as a product like everything else out there in the world of products.

I judge products based upon their own merits, not those of their creators.

Using your car analogy, if I found out that the company's next car worked fine and was an excellent product, why wouldn't I buy it? I'm not going to hold a grudge against a company for producing a bad product if their next product is good. The fact that the MCC was completely broken up until a few months ago (and still is to some extent) will have absolutely no impact on any potential enjoyment I could have from H5. So why should it have factor into my purchasing decision?

I'm not advocating preordering by the way, I just think that if Halo 5 works I see no reason not to buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no need for car analogies. Kids are coming in here acting like not buying Halo 5 means they have some advanced secret understanding of markets and business lol. If you like it, buy it, if you dislike it, don't buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope your rank resets.

oh nos I'll go down from a 3 to a 1. What a tragedy.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lets say that next car releases and it works perfect or with very little issues and it is still appealing to you - do you just ignore it because they fucked up with the last iteration? Sure, it's shitty that the last iteration was terrible and still is to date, but if it's been out for a little bit and there are no major flaws? 

I'm not saying Halo 5 is going to launch and be flawless but if it does and you're interested in it, pick it up and play it. I probably won't be paying for it provided we get media copies but I would pay for it if I had to.

I don't even know if this can compare but XP was a great operating system and then Windows Vista was absolutely terrible. Microsoft proceeds to knock it out of the park with Windows 7 in every way imaginable. Windows 8 was a step in the wrong direction and then 8.1 and ultimately 10 is a much better step towards the right direction.

Yes you are right. I forgot to say that you would wait though before buying it. 

Thats pretty much what I wanted to say, that some peeps are angry at others because they preorder H5 or are already saying they will buy it without knowing how it will turn out. Instead of them having a problem with someone buying H5 because they like it.

Is there a reason why I literally never get Remnant as a voting option in H2A playlist??????

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a reason why I literally never get Remnant as a voting option in H2A playlist??????

people keep saying this but I get it pretty frequently, just like people keep saying matchmaking is broken and they can't get matches, but I'm getting matches consistently for the last 2 months. Guess I'm just lucky. Being in ny probably also has something to do with it :kappa:

people keep saying this but I get it pretty frequently, just like people keep saying matchmaking is broken and they can't get matches, but I'm getting matches consistently for the last 2 months. Guess I'm just lucky. Being in ny probably also has something to do with it :kappa:

I live in the middle of nowhere in the UK and have a similar experience. Game works fine for the most part now.

I literally play Remnant all the time. It is Frame Drop fucking Galore with borderline insane spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just all agree that Dan ayoub sucks? I mean seriously, remnant as a competitive map?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no need for car analogies. Kids are coming in here acting like not buying Halo 5 means they have some advanced secret understanding of markets and business lol. If you like it, buy it, if you dislike it, don't buy it.

It's not "advanced secret understanding". It's shit that anyone who opens a book or business news understands. If you don't understand business then please don't post ignorant comments. You sound like a Waypointer with this crap.

I judge products based upon their own merits, not those of their creators.

Using your car analogy, if I found out that the company's next car worked fine and was an excellent product, why wouldn't I buy it? I'm not going to hold a grudge against a company for producing a bad product if their next product is good. The fact that the MCC was completely broken up until a few months ago (and still is to some extent) will have absolutely no impact on any potential enjoyment I could have from H5. So why should it have factor into my purchasing decision?

I'm not advocating preordering by the way, I just think that if Halo 5 works I see no reason not to buy it.

Because by boycotting their next product, you are giving them an incentive to fix their old product first and saying it is unacceptable to throws the old fans under the bus? How do you guys not understand this? If we don't hit them in their wallets for Halo 5 then they receive no consequences for releasing MCC in such a horrid state, and MS will continue to release shoddy re-releases.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not "advanced secret understanding". It's shit that anyone who opens a book or business news understands. If you don't understand business then please don't post ignorant comments. You sound like a Waypointer with this crap.

Because by boycotting their next product, you are giving them an incentive to fix their old product first and saying it is unacceptable to throws the old fans under the bus? How do you guys not understand this? If we don't hit them in their wallets for Halo 5 then they receive no consequences for releasing MCC in such a horrid state, and MS will continue to release shoddy re-releases.

. Honestly, I think you need to re-evaluate your position. At least concede the point that the enjoyment of H5 has no relation to MCC. If you want to boycott Halo 5 based on the merit that they let us down with MCC then go ahead, I find it nonsensical at worst and ineffective at best. Let's be realistic, with the amount of pre orders I doubt a movement such as "boycotting" will influence them fixing the game, which at this point I doubt they can even do it even if boycotting was an effective strategy at getting our demands with MCC heard. However, if you don't like the game then don't buy it. I can understand that position way more than a boycott. I think the comparative with the windows operating system should show you that despite a bad release there can still be a future product that works well. I do agree with being caution about Halo 5, however.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Wasn't one of the major selling points that MCC would have the exact same ranking system as Halo 2? If that's the case why has it taken 7+ months to implement a system that has already been created?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wasn't one of the major selling points that MCC would have the exact same ranking system as Halo 2? If that's the case why has it taken 7+ months to implement a system that has already been created?

thing is, ranks are in the game, just for two playlists, and they pretty much operate like h2 for all we know.

thing is, ranks are in the game, just for two playlists, and they pretty much operate like h2 for all we know.

Then why are we still waiting

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pro tip: 

Unless you wan't me to go do something else for 20 minutes while you search for me off spawn, don't start tee-bagging me in a dammy game when my teammate quit and the score is 5 to 3. If you don't, I'll just quit and let you be on your merry way.

Although, I do love gettin' that win because you guys gave up searching for me after 15 mins.

It's not like the MCC was bad in the way Halo 4 was. They lied to our faces, they knowingly sold us a broken product, they kept advertising a broken product and they haven't even fixed this broken product until this very day.

So no, I wouldn't give them my money even if they made the next game exactly as I wanted it to be.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Then why are we still waiting

might be because they're looking to add ranks to every playlist at once, and making sure they work when they're out.

I still don't believe H5 will surive past a few months, the casuals will still flock to BO3, some will go to games like Battlefront? and the rest back to Destiny, 343 have proven they can't provide a good incentive for people to get hooked to the game and it will show regardless of the game working.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not like the MCC was bad in the way Halo 4 was. They lied to our faces, they knowingly sold us a broken product, they kept advertising a broken product and they haven't even fixed this broken product until this very day.

So no, I wouldn't give them my money even if they made the next game exactly as I wanted it to be.

they said h4 played like halo. Wasn't exactly the truth.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

might be because they're looking to add ranks to every playlist at once, and making sure they work when they're out.

I would rather have ranks that don't work 100% correctly than none at all getting matched up with/against players who have no idea what's going on.
  • Upvote (+1) 1