CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

i have no doubt they ran into many issues like that when they were making it, I'm not saying 343 isn't to blame for mcc being shit, they obviously fucked up in more ways then one, I just doubt that they knew or intend that for it fail this hard, whether they could do the proper tests is irrelevant, they Obviously didn't do them, hence why they likely didn't suspect such a crash. I'll reiterate, why would an established (as in they've been in the industry for a while) company(ms) put out a title they knew was broken for sales, when the state the game was in would basically destroy any foothold it would have on the Xbox? After they spent probably a lot of money on it already?

Also, legit question, do we know specifically what 343 did on mcc? I mean the game was mostly outsourced, and I've read that all 343 worked on was ui and things like that, what else did they do?

Well, as far as I know the broken state of Halo didn't nearly effect sales in a substantial amount. I have no numbers but I don't doubt that MCC sold a ridiculous number of Xbox Ones compared to any other game. Originally they wouldn't even give you a refund which again leads me to believe their first priority is money over the customer.

I think that MS thinks they could push the game out for the holidays, and fix any issues that came up through patches. I just don't think they realized the game was more in an alpha state then a finished product that they could polish up. I'm not giving anyone who worked on any part of the game a pass, except maybe Blur since their cut scenes were out of this world.

As far as I know, 343 did just handle the UI really, which to me isn't that good either. I'd assume they're supposed to handle the matchmaking and ranks as well which is still in a bad state. All in all, I don't think they intended for the game to be this broken, but I fully believe they didn't give a shit in making sure that all the proper steps were taken for this to happen. Too much ambition + greed + confidence that they could fix any problems after the release. (They already knew they were giving us a MASSIVE update on day 1)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, as far as I know the broken state of Halo didn't nearly effect sales in a substantial amount. I have no numbers but I don't doubt that MCC sold a ridiculous number of Xbox Ones compared to any other game. Originally they wouldn't even give you a refund which again leads me to believe their first priority is money over the customer.

I think that MS thinks they could push the game out for the holidays, and fix any issues that came up through patches. I just don't think they realized the game was more in an alpha state then a finished product that they could polish up. I'm not giving anyone who worked on any part of the game a pass, except maybe Blur since their cut scenes were out of this world.

As far as I know, 343 did just handle the UI really, which to me isn't that good either. I'd assume they're supposed to handle the matchmaking and ranks as well which is still in a bad state. All in all, I don't think they intended for the game to be this broken, but I fully believe they didn't give a shit in making sure that all the proper steps were taken for this to happen. Too much ambition + greed + confidence that they could fix any problems after the release. (They already knew they were giving us a MASSIVE update on day 1)

and that I can agree with, they didn't intend, but by the time they figured out, it may have been too late to fix it by launch, and thought they could fix it through patches. I would like to know who worked on the multiplayer pre release, 343 is working on it now and trying to fix it( not doing a great job ), that company deserves more shit in my option because they actually put the mp together in such a terrible state and just handed it off.

i have no doubt they ran into many issues like that when they were making it, I'm not saying 343 isn't to blame for mcc being shit, they obviously fucked up in more ways then one, I just doubt that they knew or intend that for it fail this hard, whether they could do the proper tests is irrelevant, they Obviously didn't do them, hence why they likely didn't suspect such a crash. I'll reiterate, why would an established (as in they've been in the industry for a while) company(ms) put out a title they knew was broken for sales, when the state the game was in would basically destroy any foothold it would have on the Xbox? After they spent probably a lot of money on it already?

Also, legit question, do we know specifically what 343 did on mcc? I mean the game was mostly outsourced, and I've read that all 343 worked on was ui and things like that, what else did they do?

Cause they know people like you will buy halo 5 still. Microsoft knew, they didn't even have a bundle FOR HALO in case people returned both the console and game at once.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cause they know people like you will buy halo 5 still. Microsoft knew, they didn't even have a bundle FOR HALO in case people returned both the console and game at once.

people like me? Go fuck yourself g natural, its still financially a stupid move, if you think all they care about is money, fine, but at least be consistent with that viewpoint.

Networking, UI and matchmaking.

Oh, and the pritt stick to glue it all together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Networking, UI and matchmaking.

Oh, and the pritt stick to glue it all together.

I thinking more along the lines of scotch tape.

people like me? Go fuck yourself g natural, its still financially a stupid move. Also there is a bundle.

but people like you will buy halo 5..... and PEOPLE LIKE ME won't..........................................

I should have mentioned from day one they didn't have the bundle except a couple months later when they knew it was bearable. ma baaaaad

• Upvote (+1) 3

but people like you will buy halo 5..... and PEOPLE LIKE ME won't..........................................

I should have mentioned from day one they didn't have the bundle except a couple months later when they knew it was bearable. ma baaaaad

yeah? And what does people like me mean chief? I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to buy it yet.

I'd hate to see the prevailing old style players get betrayed like that.

What a shame, because that's exactly what is going to happen in a few months

What a shame, because that's exactly what is going to happen in a few months

well there are two teams, one working on h5 and one on mcc.

Anybody have an idea of how big a download MCC currently is? Someone on reddit said that it should currently be ~65GB download and another 8GB for ODST. Does that sound right? I know that even if I get my internet upgraded it'd still take me days to download MCC, but that 1TB bundle is starting to look real appealing.

Anybody have an idea of how big a download MCC currently is? Someone on reddit said that it should currently be ~65GB download and another 8GB for ODST. Does that sound right? I know that even if I get my internet upgraded it'd still take me days to download MCC, but that 1TB bundle is starting to look real appealing.

yeeeeaah, um, the game really still has a long way before its complete sooooo.....

If the reticle is red it should score a hit. (at range / speed values that are negligible) That's kind of what a red reticle means and exactly why it exists in a console FPS.

That isn't happening.

So we have a visual feedback system telling players "shoot now!" but those shots aren't good enough. This is a fundamental flaw.

This isn't just irritating or skill-gap increasing, its a huge problem.

o rly? Better not play OG Halo 1 then...

CVORZJm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I'm hitting much more consistently after the patch @ HCE.

Also, does The Covenant(the Halo 3 mission) lag af for anybody else?

61GB and then 8GB for ODST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 be like my EX gf after this last patch; didn't even break up, just stopped responding.

#just343things

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah, unless it's BR starts you get a plasma rifle on spawn on Midship. Just grab one of the few precision weapons on the map and you're basically untouchable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, unless it's BR starts you get a plasma rifle on spawn on Midship. Just grab one of the few precision weapons on the map and you're basically untouchable.

it's even worse than smg starts.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Plasma Rifle starts is more diverse guise.  :kappa:

Allows more coordinated team pushes.  :kappa:

People move around the map more when you don't have BR start.  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Plasma Rifle starts is more diverse guise.  :kappa:

Allows more coordinated team pushes.  :kappa:

People move around the map more when you don't have BR start.  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

WOW, I never thought of it that way before! Thanks, DeucEy!   :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1