CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How anyone supports 343 baffles me.

It takes a very..............special person to support them.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Count me in the group that doesn't count Halo 5 as a 'true' Halo game. I'm probably buying it regardless, but only because it looks like an okay generic arena shooter. In other words, take 'Halo' out of the title, and it looks a lot better. 343 is merely backdooring their way into an acceptable game, thanks largely to Quinn and the people working exclusively on Halo 5, not the company's leadership.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure you guys have already seen through reddit, but Marty tweeted that he'll be appearing at e3 with a possible announcement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure you guys have already seen through reddit, but Marty tweeted that he'll be appearing at e3 with a possible announcement.

Who?

Who?

Marty O'Donnell, y'know... The guy that has composed all Bungie soundtracks so far(and got fired a year ago, then won a lawsuit against Bungie), met him during Nordic Game Conference last year and he's a real swell guy. I doubt he'll be announcing anything Halo related though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Marty O'Donnell, y'know... The guy that has composed all Bungie soundtracks so far(and got fired a year ago, then won a lawsuit against Bungie), met him during Nordic Game Conference last year and he's a real swell guy. I doubt he'll be announcing anything Halo related though.

Oh yeah I know him, didn't realized that was him

Wow man supporting that shit game just because we didn't had a decent title for some years. I would rather see the Halo series end instead of watching the gameplay devolving that bad. I had zero fun playing the beta because it is a bullshit mix out of CoD and Halo and I will never support it even if we had no decent title in a long time.

I will just move on to better games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How anyone supports 343 baffles me.

Rant time.

None of the three Bungie-developed titles in The Master Chief Collection feel like their original versions. In fact, they are the worst versions.

Controls, emblems, lighting, netcode, sounds, HUDs, all things that got messed up by 343. And half a year since launch, none of them have been fully repaired. And let's not forget unimplemented/lacking features in regards to Forge, File Share, ranking, and those boxes of vaporware they call dedicated servers.

And yet, Microsoft has most certainly made a profit from this endeavour. The sales were guaranteed the moment MCC was announced. How?

1. High potential for quality. Halo never had a truly bad game in the series. Even Reach and 4 had slick presentation.

2. Nostalgia. All Dan Ayoub had to say was one word. "Exactly". Even though he was only talking about a single aspect of the game (and they couldn't even keep that promise), it became the only word that anybody heard.

3. Convenience and value. Four past AAA games plus extras in one package for $60.

4. Lack of competition. Before MCC, the Xbox One didn't have a true killer app.

5. Halo fans. MCC gave them a reason to spend at least $349 plus tax in order to gain access to the game.

There is no way to rationalize it. We got suckered, people. Clear as day.

ebUM3Dg.jpg

At least that was cheap and came with small print...

And Microsoft knows that they can keep pulling the same crap again and again because gamers are like drug addicts. The only things that will ever make a difference are VERY bad publicity (and going by the reviews and lack of post-release coverage, they won't get it) or a lawsuit.

For a project this big and this big of a failure, there MUST be sufficient grounds for legal action. If there is anyone in the gaming community who has the money and the determination to at least stick their foot in the door of a law firm, I hope you can hear us... :unsure:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Rant time.None of the three Bungie-developed titles in The Master Chief Collection feel like their original versions. In fact, they are the worst versions.Controls, emblems, lighting, netcode, sounds, HUDs, all things that got messed up by 343. And half a year since launch, none of them have been fully repaired. And let's not forget unimplemented/lacking features in regards to Forge, File Share, ranking, and those boxes of vaporware they call dedicated servers.And yet, Microsoft has most certainly made a profit from this endeavour. The sales were guaranteed the moment MCC was announced. How?1. High potential for quality. Halo never had a truly bad game in the series. Even Reach and 4 had slick presentation.2. Nostalgia. All Dan Ayoub had to say was one word. "Exactly". Even though he was only talking about a single aspect of the game (and they couldn't even keep that promise), it became the only word that anybody heard.3. Convenience and value. Four past AAA games plus extras in one package for $60.4. Lack of competition. Before MCC, the Xbox One didn't have a true killer app.5. Halo fans. MCC gave them a reason to spend at least $349 plus tax in order to gain access to the game.There is no way to rationalize it. We got suckered, people. Clear as day.ebUM3Dg.jpgAt least that was cheap and came with small print...And Microsoft knows that they can keep pulling the same crap again and again because gamers are like drug addicts. The only things that will ever make a difference are VERY bad publicity (and going by the reviews and lack of post-release coverage, they won't get it) or a lawsuit.For a project this big and this big of a failure, there MUST be sufficient grounds for legal action. If there is anyone in the gaming community who has the money and the determination to at least stick their foot in the door of a law firm, I hope you can hear us... :unsure:

I doubt 343 or Microsoft would pour as much money and resources into this game only to not give a shit a let it fail, I wouldn't be surprised if their profits were cut I n half because it did. Even if you don't like 343 and think all they care about is money, that's some mental gymnastics right there. Ea got sued because they knew bf4 was gonna tank, ms and 343 didn't, sure they did a shitty job putting the game together, but that was only realized in hindsight, they didn't intend or foresee most of their work to be thrown in the trash.
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I think the main problem with MCC is how much we all want (and wanted) to play it, but are constantly hindered by the game being broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the main problem with MCC is how much we all want (and wanted) to play it, but are constantly hindered by the game being broken.

The main problem with MCC is Microsoft. Bungie made Halo, and although they themselves had some missteps, Microsoft always made Bungie's product even worse, first with allowing Gearbox to make a crappy port of Halo 1, then making their own crappy port of Halo 2, then having 343 combine both pieces of crap into an even BIGGER piece of crap. In fact, one of the BIGGEST pieces of crap in terms of lost potential and damage of cherished cultural icons.

How can anyone call themselves a Halo fan and not be filled with pure HATE right now? Why are any of you actually looking forward to Halo 5 knowing 343's (a studio assembled by Microsoft) track record?

mh7o0.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are any of you actually looking forward to Halo 5 knowing 343's (a studio assembled by Microsoft) track record?

Well, we spent 3 weeks playing the game. I'm looking forward to it because I thought it was brilliant.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even if the game all of a sudden worked perfectly I think I wouldn't have much desire to play it. I don't know, this whole story just kinda killed Halo for me. (Not to speak of the fact that the game wouldn't have much of a population left)

I got on MCC this morning to game some Halo.

What on earth happened to Halo: CE? The shot registration feels like I am playing on dialup in Guatemala while I am under water  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also fell for the banana in the tail pipe in thinking this "too good to be true" announcement of all the halo games on one disc would be executed properly. What bothers me the most is how fast I traded in my 360 and all my games to get on the "next gen" system train based on the MCC announcement. The only light at the end of the tunnel for me is that I got the system and game for free from all the store credit I acquired.

What on earth happened to Halo: CE? The shot registration feels like I am playing on dialup in Guatemala while I am under water  :wutface:

This happened.

"There were things we didnt see in testing"

LOL at anyone who believes that.

Can totally understand that for a few minor issues (Halo 3 infinite ammo icon being black) but ranks and ultimately all of matchmaking?

No one should believe that.

• Upvote (+1) 9

What on earth happened to Halo: CE? The shot registration feels like I am playing on dialup in Guatemala while I am under water :wutface:

Shot reg is better than ever in my experience. Just no bullet magnetism at all so if you miss by a hair it won't count which is very frustrating on a controller.