CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Those pieces of the exploding barrel can splatter you at high speeds. You stubbed your toe REALLY hard on one of them.

Ah, I get it. It's like a Lego.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3im1DKG.png

rip if old

I really hope they don't go full-reverse and just add massive aim assists. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you spawn with the Halo 2 BR after their next patch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really hope they don't go full-reverse and just add massive aim assists. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you spawn with the Halo 2 BR after their next patch.

Inb4 revert back to anti aim  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 4

The worst part is that the community discovered a way to make static weapon timers in the first few days of MCC, but it isn't being used in HCS because they don't want to change anything.

343 could care less. They are counting down the days until H5's release. Its a shame though. I don't even play Halo that much anymore. When I do get on, it takes so long to find a game and something always fucks up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I might literally quit halo in the next few weeks.

Seriously, everything is just in shambles at this point. H1 is still fun, but h3 is apparently being added to team hardcore, so I'm not playing that. Customs are dying/dead. H1 will remain largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of all things halo, primarily because the majority of players today are allergic to skillgap. H2a is garbage, and for some unknown reason still being promoted like crazy despite nobody actually liking it. H2c maps still have plasma pistol everywhere ruining the game. New players being introduced to the older games invariably end up playing against seasoned players and hate the games because they are matched up against people 100x better than them. We're a bunch of assholes to everyone who doesn't already share our opinion on halo because there is no reason to actually give a shit about halos future because it's already dead.

I never had a real reason to want to play and get better before, but now I'm just seeing a million reasons why I shouldn't care about it at all. Overreaction? Yes, I am aware.

Also, @@Batchford is a lore kid who gets hyped up from #HUNTtheTRUTH. :kappa:

I agree with everything except the noob combos ruining H2C. Annoying? Yes. But they're super easy to kill if you wall hug. I think they're more annoying in H2A to be honest, I get tired of the splash damage taking all my shields off when I clearly dodged it or someone on here posted a clip of them dodging a plasma pistol and it like lagged into the sky, over the carbine (Shrine) and hit them in the face lmao. Shit was godlike yo.

At any rate, I second the notion about play the kids who are just playing Halo for the first time. I can say I've goosed easily hundreds of kids in this game in H2C and CE with @@Stoppabl3 and that shouldn't happen. I'm pretty good; always have been, but I'm not that damn good. No one on here is. I feel so bad too half the time. Like I've been playing this game for 10-11 years, and this is your first time on the game. Your first match shouldn't be spent playing me where you're staring at the death screen for 85% of the game. It's not fun for me so assuredly it's not fun for you.

It's sad that in literally seven months, we still have this problem and the population is dying because of it... Then when they finally add the damn ranks next year, there's not gonna be enough people to actually make the grind worth it. It's incredibly stupid. This whole "We need to make some tweaks and make sure they work first" is the most idiotic thing ever... JUST LOOK AT HALO 2!! They didn't work correctly when they first came out, and guess what, they kept them in, it still gave people the incentive to play, and when all was said and done, they fixed them and reset the ranks!

343 for the love of god stop killing our god damn franchise!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I might literally quit halo in the next few weeks.

Seriously, everything is just in shambles at this point. H1 is still fun, but h3 is apparently being added to team hardcore, so I'm not playing that. Customs are dying/dead. H1 will remain largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of all things halo, primarily because the majority of players today are allergic to skillgap. H2a is garbage, and for some unknown reason still being promoted like crazy despite nobody actually liking it. H2c maps still have plasma pistol everywhere ruining the game. New players being introduced to the older games invariably end up playing against seasoned players and hate the games because they are matched up against people 100x better than them. We're a bunch of assholes to everyone who doesn't already share our opinion on halo because there is no reason to actually give a shit about halos future because it's already dead.

I never had a real reason to want to play and get better before, but now I'm just seeing a million reasons why I shouldn't care about it at all. Overreaction? Yes, I am aware.

Also, @@Batchford is a lore kid who gets hyped up from #HUNTtheTRUTH. :kappa:

Halo will live on because everyone will keep buying the new games so there is no reason for 343 to stop the cashgrab train and ruining the game even more.

I see a lot of people here writting text walls on what they hate about Halo 5 but in the end they are still buying the game. In the competitive community pretty much everyone wants the same. They don't like the fact that we are still dealing with stupid abilities ect. but in the end 99% will just adapt and buy Halo 5 anyways.

343 is a simple developer: If sales don't go down nothing has to change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The last ranking patch already revealed that there's already passive ranks tied to your gamercard per playlist. All 343 is doing is making them visible and turning on skill searching. Have no idea why that takes nearly a week to do..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with everything except the noob combos ruining H2C. Annoying? Yes. But they're super easy to kill if you wall hug. I think they're more annoying in H2A to be honest, I get tired of the splash damage taking all my shields off when I clearly dodged it or someone on here posted a clip of them dodging a plasma pistol and it like lagged into the sky, over the carbine (Shrine) and hit them in the face lmao. Shit was godlike yo.

At any rate, I second the notion about play the kids who are just playing Halo for the first time. I can say I've goosed easily hundreds of kids in this game in H2C and CE with @@Stoppabl3 and that shouldn't happen. I'm pretty good; always have been, but I'm not that damn good. No one on here is. I feel so bad too half the time. Like I've been playing this game for 10-11 years, and this is your first time on the game. Your first match shouldn't be spent playing me where you're staring at the death screen for 85% of the game. It's not fun for me so assuredly it's not fun for you.

It's sad that in literally seven months, we still have this problem and the population is dying because of it... Then when they finally add the damn ranks next year, there's not gonna be enough people to actually make the grind worth it. It's incredibly stupid. This whole "We need to make some tweaks and make sure they work first" is the most idiotic thing ever... JUST LOOK AT HALO 2!! They didn't work correctly when they first came out, and guess what, they kept them in, it still gave people the incentive to play, and when all was said and done, they fixed them and reset the ranks!

343 for the love of god stop killing our god damn franchise!!!

RE: plasma pistol

It's not strictly the weapon itsself I hate, I guess. I just hate how haphazardly they are thrown around the map, how many charged shots they have, how much tracking it has, and how they accentuate how weak the BR is without teamshot, or Quadshotting.

If any of those things were changed, I wouldn't mind it, but as it stands I t's just too much. It's the same thing with the h2c shotgun; another gun placed at too often on the map, which isn't hard to use at all, has an insane number of shots per reload, and isn't a satisfying weapon.

Halo will live on because everyone will keep buying the new games so there is no reason for 343 to stop the cashgrab train and ruining the game even more.

I see a lot of people here writting text walls on what they hate about Halo 5 but in the end they are still buying the game. In the competitive community pretty much everyone wants the same. They don't like the fact that we are still dealing with stupid abilities ect. but in the end 99% will just adapt and buy Halo 5 anyways.

343 is a simple developer: If sales don't go down nothing has to change.

I think most people including myself just want a working halo game. Its been so long since we've had fun just playing halo. So most of us at the end will swallow our pride and just get h5 for the smallest chance of playing halo again. If MCC worked from the beginning it'll be a completely different story and most of us could care less what they do with H5..
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think most people including myself just want a working halo game. Its been so long since we've had fun just playing halo. So most of us at the end will swallow our pride and just get h5 for the smallest chance of playing halo again. If MCC worked from the beginning it'll be a completely different story and most of us could care less what they do with H5..

Personally, H5 is not halo to me. But yeah, I think most people have your viewpoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RE: plasma pistol

It's not strictly the weapon itsself I hate, I guess. I just hate how haphazardly they are thrown around the map, how many charged shots they have, how much tracking it has, and how they accentuate how weak the BR is without teamshot, or Quadshotting.

If any of those things were changed, I wouldn't mind it, but as it stands I t's just too much. It's the same thing with the h2c shotgun; another gun placed at too often on the map, which isn't hard to use at all, has an insane number of shots per reload, and isn't a satisfying weapon.

I can understand why you feel that way. The only map for me in which they are increasingly more annoying by the day is Beaver Creek because they spawn like every 30 seconds after pick-up and it's too much open ground. The tracking in H3 and H4 was a lot more fair in my opinion too; so I agree with you. But I usually have good control of holding off kids using that crap all game (i.e. If the randoms start going for it every 10 seconds I realize it within the first minute and occasionally camp the back bases with rockets because I always time them lol).

Wow man supporting that shit game just because we didn't had a decent title for some years. I would rather see the Halo series end instead of watching the gameplay devolving that bad. I had zero fun playing the beta because it is a bullshit mix out of CoD and Halo and I will never support it even if we had no decent title in a long time.

I will just move on to better games.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Sadly this is true. They've been very strategic with how they've gone about dealing with MCC and their timing with marketing Halo 5 was perfect in overshadowing the fact that they're still fixing this damn game. Most have already forgotten that MCC was one of the worst console game releases ever and won't hesitate in buying Halo 5. I hope a lot of people will consider waiting a few weeks/months and buy the game used instead.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow man supporting that shit game just because we didn't had a decent title for some years. I would rather see the Halo series end instead of watching the gameplay devolving that bad. I had zero fun playing the beta because it is a bullshit mix out of CoD and Halo and I will never support it even if we had no decent title in a long time.

I will just move on to better games.

I mostly agree. Thats why im buying that thing used when it hits the bargin bin

H2A grenades are UNBELIEVABLY OVERPOWERED! I can't keep silent about it anymore, it's totally fucked up. There is nothing you can do against them. Completely unskilled players get kills with them all the time, I get into battles with kids and they don't even shoot, they just throw nades at me, and it works! Their strength and blast radius make absolutely no sense relative to their bounciness and fuse time. Grenade play is so obnoxiously prevalent in H2A, it's not fun at all. You cannot escape them. So many places on maps are easily grenaded. It completely cripples Halo movement. I can't make the same decisions and movements that I would make in any of the other Halo games because I'll just get naded. They're everywhere, you cannot play without always thinking of being grenaded and avoiding grenade angles (which is near impossible since their blast radius means that you can be grenaded anywhere). 1 on 1 battles truly matter more on who is in the more easily grenaded spot rather than who can shoot and move better. Not to mention their abundance on the maps...

This game would be so much better if they were balanced as they're supposed to be in Halo. I am not typically an angry gamer, except in the face of H2A nades.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We got awhile boys i say 2 weeks before we see more ranks.

J9zQHzh.png

At this point I feel bad for Bravo, for the past 3 waypoint updates he has posted that ranks will be coming soon after the last CU, even saying a couple of days in one of them.

Then the incompetent MCC dev team (starting to think its 1 person hating their life) that seem incapable to test their updates properly fuck up once again and now he's made to look like an arse.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At this point I feel bad for Bravo, for the past 3 waypoint updates he has posted so he has said that ranks will be coming soon after the last CU, even saying a couple of days in one of them.

Then the incompetent MCC dev team (starting to think its 1 person hating their life) that seem incapable to test their updates properly fuck up once again and now he's made to look like an arse.

Some thing needs to be done about this company i really think they should just hand the rights over to another company.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Some thing needs to be done about this company i really think they should just hand the rights over to another company.

If MS would just sell 343 to Activison to make CoD games, then everyone would be happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sadly this is true. They've been very strategic with how they've gone about dealing with MCC and their timing with marketing Halo 5 was perfect in overshadowing the fact that they're still fixing this damn game. Most have already forgotten that MCC was one of the worst console game releases ever and won't hesitate in buying Halo 5. I hope a lot of people will consider waiting a few weeks/months and buy the game used instead.

"I don't know what you're talking about man.. I haven't experienced any issues with MCC since December. I think Halo 5 is going to be a blast!"

- Mindless Halowaypoint Drone, 2015

If MS would just sell 343 to Activison to make CoD games, then everyone would be happy.

I will wholeheartedly give 343 away to the CoD franchise. Let them be in their rotation and give us Square Enix lol. The art would be fucking godlike.  :lol:

H2A grenades are UNBELIEVABLY OVERPOWERED! I can't keep silent about it anymore, it's totally fucked up. There is nothing you can do against them. Completely unskilled players get kills with them all the time, I get into battles with kids and they don't even shoot, they just throw nades at me, and it works! Their strength and blast radius make absolutely no sense relative to their bounciness and fuse time. Grenade play is so obnoxiously prevalent in H2A, it's not fun at all. You cannot escape them. So many places on maps are easily grenaded. It completely cripples Halo movement. I can't make the same decisions and movements that I would make in any of the other Halo games because I'll just get naded. They're everywhere, you cannot play without always thinking of being grenaded and avoiding grenade angles (which is near impossible since their blast radius means that you can be grenaded anywhere). 1 on 1 battles truly matter more on who is in the more easily grenaded spot rather than who can shoot and move better. Not to mention their abundance on the maps...

This game would be so much better if they were balanced as they're supposed to be in Halo. I am not typically an angry gamer, except in the face of H2A nades.

Don't feel bad man, you're not alone. I literally rage about H2A grenades almost every time I get hit by one at this point (Thus, why I don't play H2A at all anymore). I'm right there with you lol. The biggest peeve for me is when people mindlessly chuck them across the map and if they see that hitmarker, they blindly chase that area and just spam more grenades. So damn annoying having nukes everywhere in that game; so damn hard to escape them. You shouldn't be rewarded for knowing my position by randomly chucking a grenade across Shrine or Lockdown.

• Upvote (+1) 5