CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The weapon timers in H2 are so bad. Don't know why they would get rid of glitches but keep the shitty weapon spawn system. It literally takes a full team communicating, AND having control of the power weapons to know when they are dropped and thus will respawn. So if you're playing by yourself you can forget it. You literally have no fucking clue when anything is coming up.

The worst part is that the community discovered a way to make static weapon timers in the first few days of MCC, but it isn't being used in HCS because they don't want to change anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe the fact that I can't get internet at my cottage for the whole summer is a blessing in disguise?

Here's hoping 343 didn't make my Seadoo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One was a mechanic, one was a bug.

One was a bad mechanic, one was a bug that added depth to CQC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's the difference between the H2 & H3 spawning systems? H3 didn't seem as bad to me when I played it, but was partly dynamic, correct?

Some things are definitely not seen in the development period. Definitely. I can attest to that wholeheartedly. However, a lot of the stuff they said was to save face. They know it and I know it because this game was like 22% playable at launch; it was absolutely ridiculous to hear a statement saying "we didn't know about any of these issues during the development period" underneath the monstrosity of issues this game has had over the past six, approaching seven (in 10 days), months.

I was literally JUST saying this yesterday to my friends. I'm like, I can BXR, Double shoot, and these graphics look god damn amazing. I don't understand why they didn't just incorporate that straight into multiplayer... That would have been glorious.

They know that no one would move on to Halo 5 if that was the case. That is why. Why else would they reuse Halo 4.

What's the difference between the H2 & H3 spawning systems? H3 didn't seem as bad to me when I played it, but was partly dynamic, correct?

Halo 2 weapon timers don't start until they're dropped Halo 3 wealon timers either need to be dropped OR the person holding the weapon needs to stand still for 3 seconds to trigger it.

Halo 2 weapon timers don't start until they're dropped Halo 3 wealon timers either need to be dropped OR the person holding the weapon needs to stand still for 3 seconds to trigger it.

Really? Halo 3's system sounds bizarre.

For everyone that wasn't really familiar this only came into play in competitive settings if the weapon was caught mid air as it spawned. We used drop spawns to have static timers 99% of the time. The weapon spawns in default MM were ass.

Really? Halo 3's system sounds bizarre.

yeah it's pretty wonky.

This only came into play in competitive settings if the weapon was caught mid air as it spawned. We used drop spawns to have static timers 99% of the time.

Well I assumed he was talking about the default spawning system.

Anybody here happen to have an idea of the minimum upload speed requirement to pay something like H2A? I'm looking to upgrade my internet and maybe get an Xbox One and I've heard that H2A and Destiny take a lot of upload speed to play and I want to know what internet service I would have to shop for to allow me to play games on XBL. From what I gather, I figure that the 6 Mbps down package I want to get would be more than enough for XBL multiplayer gaming, but I have no idea what type of upload to look for.

Would 1 Mbps up be good enough? I think most options in my area cost a fortune to get more than 1 Mbps

Anybody here happen to have an idea of the minimum upload speed requirement to pay something like H2A? I'm looking to upgrade my internet and maybe get an Xbox One and I've heard that H2A and Destiny take a lot of upload speed to play and I want to know what internet service I would have to shop for to allow me to play games on XBL. From what I gather, I figure that the 6 Mbps down package I want to get would be more than enough for XBL multiplayer gaming, but I have no idea what type of upload to look for.

Would 1 Mbps up be good enough? I think most options in my area cost a fortune to get more than 1 Mbps

That's plenty good :) your ping matters more
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Chances of getting ranks today? 7 months of hardcore with teammates who can't move and shoot at the same time, run the flag in the wrong direction, sit on the turret, and seem to be completely incompetent is getting very old...and I didn't even mention the quitters and players not playing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's plenty good :) your ping matters more

Thanks for the reply, I'm an idiot when it comes to pretty much anything relating to technology or machines. I'm going to assume that if my ping is low on DSL that it would be low if I upgrade to Uverse.

Thanks for the reply, I'm an idiot when it comes to pretty much anything relating to technology or machines. I'm going to assume that if my ping is low on DSL that it would be low if I upgrade to Uverse.

6 down 1 up is absolutly fine, go for DSL if you can

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chances of getting ranks today? 7 months of hardcore with teammates who can't move and shoot at the same time, run the flag in the wrong direction, sit on the turret, and seem to be completely incompetent is getting very old...and I didn't even mention the quitters and players not playing.

I'd say 1 in 7 hardcore games completes without anyone quitting. It's fucking infuriating. Quitting has never, ever been close to as bad as it is now. Ranks cannot come soon enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGvB3R6D5k

Wow, whenever the host quits and it tries selecting new host, it puts me back to lobby.

So, bored as hell I was messing with the hog and found this under the hood and engine cover. Tried it on another hog and the same result. 

2ia8viu.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, bored as hell I was messing with the hog and found this under the hood and engine cover. Tried it on another hog and the same result. 

2ia8viu.jpg

Michelin_Man.png

but what does it mean?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it that I had laggier games on Lockout than I had on Colossus, Turf, and Zanzibar?

I'm getting so pissed off at the idiots betraying for power weapons.

This generation of kids under thirteen are reptiles, not actually people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This happens in literally every playlist, it's almost unplayable. I was starting to think 343 put in some really shitty bots just to get people matched into even games or something since there's always one or two people who stand around doing nothing and get 1 kill, and it doesn't even seem possible to be that bad. Even my little brothers could walk and shoot their first games...

I doubt it :/