CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Can we please get an update so we're not playing the same map over and over again. Its always the same options every game.

I dunno man I like AR's on Ghost Town. Again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get why ranks have still not been implemented across the other playlists, they seem to be working perfectly fine in H2A, HCS and TS. I mean Wtf is the 343 MCC team doing all day where it takes them so long to implement even simple changes? Even the CE pistol issue probably won't be fixed until late June and at that point someone else will be broken which likely take another month to fix. The MCC is the last 343 game that I buy.

Serious question:

Is 3 shotting that hard for people since the latest patch dropped?

Honestly, I haven't had much trouble at all...

xboxdvr.com/FTL+Gomorrah/2327ccb9-18a1-402c-8b22-31cc450b3a9b

I'd like to see the people who are saying they're not having much trouble 3shotting to post a full game. I've seen numerous impressive clips of a three shot or two, but I'm more interested in the consistency throughout the whole game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just went 45-0, post patch skill gap confirmed. Back to back perfections and then I get rolled on 50-20. Nothing new here. Some games I feel like I'm getting used to the pistol and others I'm still hitting nothing but air. Does something like host/lag effect this? Much like earlier in the year it seems like the connection/registration/whatever changes mid game or is different from player to player. I shouldn't even bother because I'm sure 343 will change it and throw us for another loop in the next few days. I just wish it was consistent.

how long does shoud 'downloading latest matchmaking data' take? have the game open to matchmaking and the popup for it is here for like 20 minutes? havent been on in a while is this ranks update?

edit: back to normal.

I'd like to see the people who are saying they're not having much trouble 3shotting to post a full game. I've seen numerous impressive clips of a three shot or two, but I'm more interested in the consistency throughout the whole game.

I'm not acting like I can 3 shot for days, but I thought the point was a high average kill time, with a difficult but very fast perfect kill time. There are people acting like the pistol is literally random, and this goes completely against my experience. (Not suggesting that we should settle for this, though, because we bought the games exactly as we remember them)

My only point is that every time I've had shots miss, thought, "that's bullshit" and recorded it, I've found that it's my strafe and/or leading that's wrong.

I really just want them to increase bullet magnetism or reduce the spread, the pistol just doesn't feel good to use anymore and the fact that it's using projectiles in an online environment isn't helping anything.

Does something like host/lag effect this? 

That always affects it but it is "harder" to hit things due to the bullets being dead centre with no give.

I'm not acting like I can 3 shot for days, but I thought the point was a high average kill time, with a difficult but very fast perfect kill time. There are people acting like the pistol is literally random, and this goes completely against my experience. (Not suggesting that we should settle for this, though, because we bought the games exactly as we remember them)

My only point is that every time I've had shots miss, thought, "that's bullshit" and recorded it, I've found that it's my strafe and/or leading that's wrong.

At long range it's definitely bullshit though. There are clips that show the shot going off centre and missing by a hair thanks to spread. Bullet mag would self-correct this problem.

It's simply not feasible to work with networking limitations out-of-mind. Assuming it's not taken to extremes in development, it is just necessary to take measures to account for hiccups in connections, be it in P2P or dedicated servers.

I'm not suggesting that the game aim for you or cause your shots to connect even when you aren't even pointing at the target, but the limitations of the medium must come first and be in mind when developing a game in general, and online networking is an important facet of that when it comes to multiplayer.

I'm not advocating for no AA or BM at all.  I'm just saying that the current state of Halo 1 is an extreme example, but I also I think that it's best not to build a game around BM for the sake of online play.  Halo 3 has fairly low levels of both.

Except we are talking about MCC's version of H:CE here, which will probably never be played by more than 0.02% of the population in a LAN environment. Secondly, 343i promised that these remastered games would be "exactly as you remembered [them]." With the way the game plays right now, it punishes people for placing the reticle on the center, or slightly above the head, disregarding 15 years aiming experience that some players have.

I realize that 343i will probably never be able to make H:CE feel completely like OG, but it is absolutely necessary for the aiming and shooting mechanics to be as close to OG as possible. In order for this to happen, limited bullet magnetism needs to be added ba Butck into H:CE.

Again, the current state of CE is an extreme example. But I agree with you.

In a perfect world, perhaps. In a non-hitscan environment with a weapon that has a non-negligible amount of spread?

Perfect worlds are nice :) 

That is potentially the worst idea ever. Almost nobody that plays Halo actually plays on LAN. Most of the people on this website don't even attend events or regularly LAN much less the wider population. Its cool to think about for us but that would be suicidal for 343 and the quality of Halo in general for 99.9% of players.

That's besides the point.  You build the game completely around network limitations and what happens when you get into a LAN environment?  There's a very palpable skill ceiling, we all saw this with Halo 2 compared to Halo 1.  Outside of double shotting the aiming difficulty in H2, which was built for online play in mind with insane AA and BM, just isn't there.  I'm not advocating for zero of either,  I think in a perfect world there would be fairly little AA and even less BM if any at all. 

Did anyone notice they didn't mention anything at the end of the patch notes about the june update? it is really scary is it almost time for them to stop supporting mcc hope not.

Did anyone notice they didn't mention anything at the end of the patch notes about the june update? it is really scary is it almost time for them to stop supporting mcc hope not.

Bravo's tweets on stuff being de-prioritized makes it sound like future CU's are still on the way.

I have a lot more fun in Halo 4 than I do in H2A. If it weren't for the glitches, H2 would be a bad game, and that's exactly what H2A is. Shitty CQC and an asinine pace to the game because nobody knows when the fuck anything is spawning.

And regarding the Remnant discussion, lets pretend for a second that Remnant could possibly be considered for inclusion in HCS (which is a joke but bear with me for 2 seconds). If that were something they were thinking about during development, then why the fuck is the framerate so bad?

The weapon timers in H2 are so bad. Don't know why they would get rid of glitches but keep the shitty weapon spawn system. It literally takes a full team communicating, AND having control of the power weapons to know when they are dropped and thus will respawn. So if you're playing by yourself you can forget it. You literally have no fucking clue when anything is coming up.

This is why I don't play BTB. Everyone votes Halo 4. I don't get it.

Right.

I think its nuts really. Sometimes the vote isn't even close, of the 16 people in a lobby i've seen Halo4 get 12 votes regularly. I usually play it though because anyone voting Halo4 is going to be fun to play against. Not abilities in Halo4 makes it that little more playable, but it still sucks.

This is why I don't play BTB. Everyone votes Halo 4. I don't get it.

Yeah, its annoying as I mainly play BTB. Had to change playlist.

The weapon timers in H2 are so bad. Don't know why they would get rid of glitches but keep the shitty weapon spawn system. It literally takes a full team communicating, AND having control of the power weapons to know when they are dropped and thus will respawn. So if you're playing by yourself you can forget it. You literally have no fucking clue when anything is coming up.

That was the point. Bungie didn't want halo 2 to become competitive, they wanted it to be as accessible as possible and difficult for us tryhards to get control of weapons and powerups.

I'm surprised hardy lebel didn't drink himself to death after they ruined his perfect formula which already proved to be immensely popular even with casuals.

Not sure why they kept it for h2a though.

That was the point. Bungie didn't want halo 2 to become competitive, they wanted it to be as accessible as possible and difficult for us tryhards to get control of weapons and powerups.

I'm surprised hardy lebel didn't drink himself to death after they ruined his perfect formula which already proved to be immensely popular even with casuals.

Not sure why they kept it for h2a though.

You're confused as to why they kept a classic Halo 2 mechanic in the anniversary version?

Right...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just went 45-0, post patch skill gap confirmed. Back to back perfections and then I get rolled on 50-20. Nothing new here. Some games I feel like I'm getting used to the pistol and others I'm still hitting nothing but air. Does something like host/lag effect this? Much like earlier in the year it seems like the connection/registration/whatever changes mid game or is different from player to player. I shouldn't even bother because I'm sure 343 will change it and throw us for another loop in the next few days. I just wish it was consistent.

Host/lag definitely impact it. In any online game, there is naturally going to be a few milliseconds of time required for the players to exchange their data over the grid. This can be enough to make shots from a precision weapon miss. Magnetism is often used as a tool to help compensate for the lag by allowing shots that would have registered if the players were on the same network to be slightly guided. Now that 343 tuned the magnetism way down, more shots that seemed like they should have hit won't register.

You're confused as to why they kept a classic Halo 2 mechanic in the anniversary version?

Right...

I'm saying it's confusing they keep a shitty mechanic and get rid of good ones.

I'm saying it's confusing they keep a shitty mechanic and get rid of good ones.

One was a mechanic, one was a bug.