CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't get team beyond...you guys all like Halo CE for being the highest skill gap and want all new Halo's to revert back to extremely high skill gaps. Then, whether it be on purpose or accidental, 343 made the Halo CE pistol harder than OG, making the skill gap even HIGHER than it was. Now all you guys hate it and want the skill gap to be lowered to what it was last patch.

Wtf is up with that?

The same reason we all don't play on legacy southpaw controls.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just think AA is a better solution for assisting players than bullet mag because it's more consistent. I don't disagree with you.

Firstly, the drag of heavy reticule magnetism is incredibly annoying during gameplay, and secondly, in a non-hitscan environment a complete lack of bullet magnetism will turn a game like H1 into a Bizarro version of H2 - where it takes forever to kill someone, but you're NOT hitting you opponent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aren't most, if not all, Melee events not sponsored by Nintendo though?

correct, melee by itself is not sponsored by nintendo.

Firstly, the drag of heavy reticule magnetism is incredibly annoying during gameplay, and secondly, in a non-hitscan environment a complete lack of bullet magnetism will turn a game like H1 into a Bizarro version of H2 - where it takes forever to kill someone, but you're NOT hitting you opponent.

I know non bullet mag environments and projectiles and poor for online play, but honestly I don't believe in creating game mechanics for the sake of network limitations. Especially a game like Halo which is played competitively on LAN, you're only neutering the game from top down. I think we should just worry about how the game will be played competitively and then work the netcode around that.

And yeah heavy AA is a little weird. I think Halo 3 showed you can have minimal auto aim and bullet mag and still be possible to kill someone.

they said a few days after the patch, it has been a few i am ready for ranks. we can only hope its today.

I've done a whole lot of hoping when it's come to the MCC. I'm all burnt out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What to you think there is to evaluate about a playlist? Drop it in and let's play. Speaking of playing, I played several games of SWAT and a couple of BTB games including Team Slayer on Remnant and no hitches other than BTB took a few minutes to fill a lobby and find a game. MCC seems to be getting better?

And, I know this is off slightly topic, but I think H2A Maps are to shinny if that makes sense. I've spent a fair amount of time in Destiny and prefer that style of artwork--not so shinny, but looks damn good. Even the H2C Maps, artistically speaking, are more appealing--less shinny. Just my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to new/updated playlists whenever they arrive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know non bullet mag environments and projectiles and poor for online play, but honestly I don't believe in creating game mechanics for the sake of network limitations. Especially a game like Halo which is played competitively on LAN, you're only neutering the game from top down. I think we should just worry about how the game will be played competitively and then work the netcode around that.

And yeah heavy AA is a little weird. I think Halo 3 showed you can have minimal auto aim and bullet mag and still be possible to kill someone.

In a perfect world, perhaps. In a non-hitscan environment with a weapon that has a non-negligible amount of spread?

In a perfect world, perhaps. In a non-hitscan environment with a weapon that has a non-negligible amount of spread?

I feel like just not having any spread would sort of alleviate the issue of no magnetism.

This game is fixxed yet? haven't been around for a while

if you live in america getting matches isn't difficult anymore, at least in my experience, I could just be getting lucky.

if you live in america getting matches isn't difficult anymore, at least in my experience, I could just be getting lucky.

I'll take that as a no, then. What about party stability, rank and shot reg?

I'll take that as a no, then. What about party stability, rank and shot reg?

Party stability has been fine since March except for the April update which fucked it but they reverted it.

Ranks were fixed in the past two updates. AFAIK, no more random resets and they workish.

Shot reg is still hit and miss for CE and H3.

I think we should just worry about how the game will be played competitively and then work the netcode around that.

That is potentially the worst idea ever. Almost nobody that plays Halo actually plays on LAN. Most of the people on this website don't even attend events or regularly LAN much less the wider population. Its cool to think about for us but that would be suicidal for 343 and the quality of Halo in general for 99.9% of players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played my very first Halo CE 2vs2 with @@AkaDemiK. I was that InnermostBowl guy, we were playing against ParFreY and I dont remember the other guy. We had a nice comback ^-^

Ive started playing Halo online with Halo 3 and wow, what did I miss!
What should I learn/practise first to get better at HCE? Any tips would be appreciated :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's simply not feasible to work with networking limitations out-of-mind. Assuming it's not taken to extremes in development, it is just necessary to take measures to account for hiccups in connections, be it in P2P or dedicated servers.

I'm not suggesting that the game aim for you or cause your shots to connect even when you aren't even pointing at the target, but the limitations of the medium must come first and be in mind when developing a game in general, and online networking is an important facet of that when it comes to multiplayer.

Except we are talking about MCC's version of H:CE here, which will probably never be played by more than 0.02% of the population in a LAN environment. Secondly, 343i promised that these remastered games would be "exactly as you remembered [them]." With the way the game plays right now, it punishes people for placing the reticle on the center, or slightly above the head, disregarding 15 years aiming experience that some players have.

I realize that 343i will probably never be able to make H:CE feel completely like OG, but it is absolutely necessary for the aiming and shooting mechanics to be as close to OG as possible. In order for this to happen, limited bullet magnetism needs to be added back into H:CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know many of you don't play much H4, but since I actually like H4 (though Team gets picked over Legendary too much), I think the issues with H4 are just as bad.  Since this latest update, almost without fail, there is one guy who goes +20 and everyone else is even or negative.  And I don't mean just a few times - I mean most games.

I might have chalked it up to some people simply being matched with scrubs, except that I myself have gone 40/6/6, 34/12/4, 38/?/5 . . . and I'm simply not that good.  Not by a long shot.  Against a full team of morons trying to crossmap me with Suppressors . . . maybe.  But this is against other players who actually can strafe a bit, don't inexplicably wander around in the open, and generally have a reasonable idea of how to play the game.  There is simply no possible way I do that well against them without some kind of built-in advantage.  None.  My skill consists of being able to 4-shot a stationary opponent most of the time.

Also, in the games where someone else has been gifted with magic invulnerability, I've actually had bullets come through the wall before my opponent was visible to me, rather than simply chasing me through the wall as I went behind it.  Never had that before, and I will try to get clips of it when it happens.

There is some serious host advantage in H4 right now that occurred as a result of the latest update.  Which also means serious lack of games on dedis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like just not having any spread would sort of alleviate the issue of no magnetism.

Yeah but we'll never get that ever, ever, ever, ever.

I was told doubles now had all BR starts in Halo 3. Tried a match for the first time in awhile last night. AR starts on Guardian.. :O Cmon now. This can't be difficult.

Slot 1: BR Starts Slayer

Slot 2: BR Starts Objective

Slot 3: AR Starts Slayer

Party stability has been fine since March except for the April update which fucked it but they reverted it.

Ranks were fixed in the past two updates. AFAIK, no more random resets and they workish.

I'm pretty sure like two days ago I saw Chig or somebody on twitter asking why they went from 46 to 1 after a win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know many of you don't play much H4, but since I actually like H4 (though Team gets picked over Legendary too much), I think the issues with H4 are just as bad.  Since this latest update, almost without fail, there is one guy who goes +20 and everyone else is even or negative.  And I don't mean just a few times - I mean most games.

I might have chalked it up to some people simply being matched with scrubs, except that I myself have gone 40/6/6, 34/12/4, 38/?/5 . . . and I'm simply not that good.  Not by a long shot.  Against a full team of morons trying to crossmap me with Suppressors . . . maybe.  But this is against other players who actually can strafe a bit, don't inexplicably wander around in the open, and generally have a reasonable idea of how to play the game.  There is simply no possible way I do that well against them without some kind of built-in advantage.  None.  My skill consists of being able to 4-shot a stationary opponent most of the time.

Also, in the games where someone else has been gifted with magic invulnerability, I've actually had bullets come through the wall before my opponent was visible to me, rather than simply chasing me through the wall as I went behind it.  Never had that before, and I will try to get clips of it when it happens.

There is some serious host advantage in H4 right now that occurred as a result of the latest update.  Which also means serious lack of games on dedis.

I've played a lot of H4 (on the 360 and XB1), host doesn't feel especially different in terms of advantage ... most people who play the dedicated H4 playlist are just not very good.  It's basically everyone who was still playing the 360 version, i.e., mostly casuals (my k/d is identical in 360 and XB1)