CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

^that's because the players make it clear that Melee is the shit and they refuse to stop playing it.

All we do is complain about the new games instead of populating the old. Imagine if everyone who hated Reach/H4 stayed on the H3 servers during those years. That would have sent a much stronger message. Easier said than done though.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah can get BTB games quick.

Haven't tried, but I got 5 games of H2C is a row in less than 1 min in off peak Australian time. :)

Connection wasn't even that bad either....

O: 

If I can play BTB finally I might put ODST campaign on hold.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no you didnt

I have a lot more fun in Halo 4 than I do in H2A.  If it weren't for the glitches, H2 would be a bad game, and that's exactly what H2A is.  Shitty CQC and an asinine pace to the game because nobody knows when the fuck anything is spawning.

And regarding the Remnant discussion, lets pretend for a second that Remnant could possibly be considered for inclusion in HCS (which is a joke but bear with me for 2 seconds).  If that were something they were thinking about during development, then why the fuck is the framerate so bad?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

^that's because the players make it clear that Melee is the shit and they refuse to stop playing it.

All we do is complain about the new games instead of populating the old. Imagine if everyone who hated Reach/H4 stayed on the H3 servers during those years. That would have sent a much stronger message. Easier said than done though

Smash is the other game I have loved since the word go and if I could want one thing from the Halo community that the Smash has its this.  Stand their ground and keep playing the game they like and not move on to the new one the second it comes out.

If this was Smash, everyone would have stayed at Halo CE or 2.

Oh and on ODST, Holy downgrade batman, it looks so bad now.  It looks like Xbox Original quality.  What have they been doing the past 6 months? because they absolutely have not been changing the textures.  I played it with an irl campaign friend and his disappointment was nearing mine at the whole MCC package.  Well nowhere near that level, but still pretty bad for someone who only casually plays Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a lot more fun in Halo 4 than I do in H2A.  If it weren't for the glitches, H2 would be a bad game, and that's exactly what H2A is.  Shitty CQC and an asinine pace to the game because nobody knows when the fuck anything is spawning.

This is a huge issue with Halo 3+ is the Melee system. At least Halo 5 tries to give you more options in close quarters. What infuriated me in Halo 3 was that in close quarters, you basically melee and jump backwards and try to get a headshot. There was almost no other option. In Halo 5 with the thruster back there is at least some outplay potential.

Halo 2 has button glitches which made CQC versatile inadvertently and Halo 1 has no lunge or magnetism which meant that you could do a wealth of things (duck, jump, melee, shoot) in CQC to gain the advantage. Halo 2A and 3 is just ass in CQC because there are NO options.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And regarding the Remnant discussion, lets pretend for a second that Remnant could possibly be considered for inclusion in HCS (which is a joke but bear with me for 2 seconds).  If that were something they were thinking about during development, then why the fuck is the framerate so bad?

The idea that Halo 2 is not fun without glitches might be the case for you, but it is not for the vast majority of people who play the game. I LAN H2 in houston with old pros pretty regularly and we have a blast playing for 12 hours straight. Double shotting..pretty much never happens, even at the end of H2, it hardly ever happened. Close proximity combat, yeah, it definitely makes it more fun but the majority of H2 is just having excellent map awareness and positioning with a solid shot. It's a fun game in my and I would argue the vast majority of people's opinions, sorry if it's not for you but just because that's your opinion doesn't mean it's fact and there isn't a lot of evidence to back your argument up. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I kinda wish there was a skull that allowed sword flying to exist again. I'd name it 'SwordHog'.

I wouldn't name it that

• Upvote (+1) 3

So right around the 11:00 mark you get to hear Dan Ayoub and a developer from CA describe why Relic/Remnant was chosen.  Apparently, esports was one of the reasons, and they are considering it for the HCS.   

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

wow, I highly doubt the pros were excited to have to play that map for HCS and rely on it for their income.

Poop

Thank you for your participation, your influence on the Halo community is unmatched.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Except with an awful melee system and an even worse weapon respawn system. Hate on sprint and no descope all you want, but I'd take both of those in exchange for some proper bleedthrough and a sensible weapon timer. H2A kept all of the worst parts about Halo 2 and got rid of its only redeeming qualities/glitches (button combos, wall glitches, objective grenades, etc).

The fact that we are still using the default weapon spawn system in Season 2 when we could have forged in static timers just blows my fucking mind. Why? Why.

The melee system does suck, however I'd take that over flinch and no descope. The melee system has a much smaller impact on gameplay than those two. Also hate on dynamic spawn timers all you want, it is far, far, far better than ordnance drops and loadouts.

That said I don't play Halo super competitively so things like dynamic spawn timers don't bother me too much. I also like H4, although the MCC version is far better than the original H4. Weapons on map and no ordnance drops makes that game so much better.

I think H2A and MCC H4 are on par for me. H2 is probably my favourite Halo MP though, most likely partly due to nostalgia.

So are ranks coming this week?

they said a few days after the patch, it has been a few i am ready for ranks. we can only hope its today.

they said a few days after the patch, it has been a few i am ready for ranks. we can only hope its today.

No later than Friday...surely.

So, played some Team Slayer games, first weird one was Battle Creek... Which turned out to be FFA plasma pistol starts. Then there was BRs on 'Smashed', which is the worst foundry map I've ever played on, why is it in the rotation?