CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't believe you.

I'm assuming with the latest update that the search got widened to include international? That what I was told.

I thought I was being trolled until I tried it last night..

-Want to make a map for HCS

-Dont remake the map that plays four of the gametypes(Midship)

Who do you really think you're fooling?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get team beyond...you guys all like Halo CE for being the highest skill gap and want all new Halo's to revert back to extremely high skill gaps. Then, whether it be on purpose or accidental, 343 made the Halo CE pistol harder than OG, making the skill gap even HIGHER than it was. Now all you guys hate it and want the skill gap to be lowered to what it was last patch.

Wtf is up with that?

Shooting someone several times and they don't die when they should is stupid. That's no skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So right around the 11:00 mark you get to hear Dan Ayoub and a developer from CA describe why Relic/Remnant was chosen.  Apparently, esports was one of the reasons, and they are considering it for the HCS.   

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

Jesus christ, I just listened.

I don't know which is the worst part to take away:

Remnant is being considered for HCS (in the middle of a season?!)

OR

Relic was literally the seventh map they were going to remake and Midship was somehow below the six (and now seven) that we have.

Well I'm certain after the huge backlash Ricochet got, we won't be seeing Remnant. Hopefully they don't squeeze in a Season 3 of HCS with H2A so we don't have to experience it...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm assuming with the latest update that the search got widened to include international? That what I was told.

I thought I was being trolled until I tried it last night..

I can't believe it. Any luck in BTB?

Edit: Patch notes states "Improved handling of dedicated servers".

Suuuuure.

Jesus christ, I just listened.

I don't know which is the worst part to take away:

Remnant is being considered for HCS (in the middle of a season?!)

OR

Relic was literally the seventh map they were going to remake and Midship was somehow below the six (and now seven) that we have.

Well I'm certain after the huge backlash Ricochet got, we won't be seeing Remnant. Hopefully they don't squeeze in a Season 3 of HCS with H2A so we don't have to experience it...

Yeah I can't fathom how anyone could think relic would be a better map than terminal and waterworks (or even containment). None of those had been remade and the first two are staples of the halo 2 experience, and terminal is frankies favorite map. They could have also remade turf and put the golden warthog on it. With some adjustments that map could have had a serious placement in the HCS and maybe brought in a new gametype to the HCS as well. 

and this stuff about "never being remade before." 

6/6 original maps were already remade before h2a. SOME MORE THAN ONCE. 

bloodgulch>coag>hemorrhage>bloodline

zanzibar>lastresort>stonetown

wizard>warlock>warlockOnReach(unofficial but in mlg)>warlord

sanctuary>asylum(+mlg sanc)>shrine

lockout>blackout>lockdown. + lockdown was already a map for mlg oddball in h3 and they reused the name wtf! However I feel like lockdown has the most merit in H2A as blackout sucked

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they don't squeeze in a Season 3 of HCS with H2A so we don't have to experience it...

S2 ends in July. Halo 5 comes out in October. I really hope they don't. Maybe the occasional online cup just to keep the scene going but have use time to focus on pre launch events like gamescom and PAX.

I don't get team beyond...you guys all like Halo CE for being the highest skill gap and want all new Halo's to revert back to extremely high skill gaps. Then, whether it be on purpose or accidental, 343 made the Halo CE pistol harder than OG, making the skill gap even HIGHER than it was. Now all you guys hate it and want the skill gap to be lowered to what it was last patch.

Wtf is up with that?

"Exactly as you remember it".

I get your point, I really do, but we want it the same as 2001 Halo CE on Xbox. I think it's fair, as promised, to desire that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can assure you if they add Remnant to HCS, I will never play, spectate, or even take an HCS event seriously ever again.

Oh and this! I'm thinking to myself, of all the decent maps that could have been remade, RELIC was the seventh map?? Lol. I would have taken a Midship, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower, Gemini, Backwash or even a freaking Foundation (and I hate most of the maps I just named) before I even considered Relic. The Halo Online Turf remake was freaking glorious in my opinion. That map was freaking beautiful.

Furthermore in that podcast he stated that the "HCS Guys and the Pros" (verbatim) are really excited about the map... Which pros? HCS Pros? 343 Pro team? I would love to know the opinions of the current pros on this matter.

So right around the 11:00 mark you get to hear Dan Ayoub and a developer from CA describe why Relic/Remnant was chosen.  Apparently, esports was one of the reasons, and they are considering it for the HCS.   

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

I was falling asleep trying to finish up some work and more or less browsing the internet instead. Then I saw this. Can't stop laughing at them now thanks for waking me up. So much bullshit was said right there LOL the guy even starts laughing asking them if its been evaluated for esports

Because H2A is the new game and it will attract more people.

Neg me if you want but that's the truth. It's the same reason why we will be moving onto Halo 5 for HCS in October and Halo 6 in three years.

Yeah that's true, even if I dont like it lol.

lol Remnant for HCS?

343 never ceases to amaze me!  Who hires these people?

That's not confirmed is it?

That's not confirmed is it?

Dan and 343 people are considering it. In other words; they might add it, test it, see people's reaction and leave it or remove it.

I can't believe it. Any luck in BTB?

Edit: Patch notes states "Improved handling of dedicated servers".

Suuuuure.

Haven't tried, but I got 5 games of H2C is a row in less than 1 min in off peak Australian time. :)

Connection wasn't even that bad either....

• Upvote (+1) 3

Spartan0S36 is ridiculously hilarious. Dude destroys me like every other post. Never stop being you.

• Upvote (+1) 5