CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just thought. I wish they didn't use the modified H4 engine to make H2A MP and used the H2A Campaign graphics instead for MP.

Its literally the same as H2C with a fresh layer. H2A MP is a completely different game to H2C, I've never really liked it, although it feels like a really good version of H4.

same here

H2A is just a clunky mess imo. How anyone can take that game seriously when we have access to CE and H2C on the same disk is  :beyond: me. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The magnetism pulls in every direction. You can make a bullet land on a wall behind someone out of your view if you aim just off to the side of them. It's totally relevant, imo.

One of the great things about the bullet mag in h1 is that at range you can aim your reticle completely off of the target and SEE exactly where your bullets are hitting on the wall. You can make the necessary micro adjustments to score hits without having to squint inside your reticle.

Is it easier that way? Sure. But it's still very balanced and more inportantly fun as hell.

I should have clarified that I felt his video only tested sort of a vertical magnetism, then specified that I don't believe there's any difference between magnetism from a vertical/horizontal comparison. I basically meant that my own point of there being a difference in X/Y axis is irrelevant for Halo 1, because there is no difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A is just a clunky mess imo. How anyone can take that game seriously when we have access to CE and H2C on the same disk is :beyond: me.

Exactly, why is H2A being used for as the tournament game when we have CE and H2C? I feel bad for the guys that basically HAVE to play H2A all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, why is H2A being used for as the tournament game when we have CE and H2C? I feel bad for the guys that basically HAVE to play H2A all the time.

There's only a handful of players that have to play H2A and as far as I'm concerned they can keep playing it. Everyone else who doesn't have an financial interest in halo should just revert back to the older games. Of course if you truly think H2A is better more power to you (you're wrong btw) but for everyone else, why deny yourself some fun?  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because there's a new glitch always present in CE post-patch? :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well... Halo 3 has almost no bullet mag.  And before anyone gets butthurt, compare H3 to H1

You can see Pistol shots and the Plasma Rifle curve quite a bit, I don't think many people here realize exactly how much bullet mag Halo 1 has.  Honestly, I'll take all auto aim with 0 bullet mag any day.  To me, bullet mag feels really cheap and inconsistent, I could swivel my cursor around your head in circles all day and all my bullets could still hit you.  It takes away from those clutch narrowly avoided sniper shots, or 1 shot BR duels.  Seems like you lose a lot of fidelity from the game when any sort of bullet mag is apparent, tight strafing is just that much worse as well.  At least auto aim is consistent, so that if you shot someone in the head, you actually shot someone in the head.  It just seems more "fair" to me . Just me 2 cents :)

I feel like you didn't even watch the own videos you posted. The first video clearly shows there is as much magnetism in halo3 as there is in halo ce, as both reticules are barely touching the opponent yet both are still landing shots. 

And something you neglected to mention is that halo3's bullets lack 2 properties that halo ce has.

1. Halo's ces movement actually affects where the bullet goes.

So if your opponent is strafing to your right, you have to lead slightly to the right assuming your standing still

But if you are strafing to your right as well and lead the same amount as before, your bullets will miss because you're already moving your bullets to the right with your strafe speed

But if you walk to the left, you have to lead even more to the right so that the leftward than if you were standing still.

2. Halo CE's bullets actually have a significant travel time. If you're in RRR and fire the pistol, the opponent can duck or strafe to avoid the bullet. So essentially if it was computer vs computer, you could never land a pistol shot on each other at about the 30m mark (if im just doing an eye test) and you could dodge most of the bullets in a clip at ~15m(again just an experience thing). However in halo3, you can't dodge bullets anywhere in its RRR because the br projectile moves very fast. 

These 2 points alone make magnetism necessary in halo ce because there are more factors to take into account than simply point and shoot. 

And the reason people aim above the head is because it can be magnetized into the shoulders if you aim at head level so you aim a little higher so it hits the head. It's not like people use the bottom tip to get headshots, they just aim the center of the reticule just slightly above the forehead. Lots actually have a developed style for the 3shot where they raise the reticule during the fight so they shoot the guy in the leg area, then shoulder, then finish em off in the forehead. 

There's only a handful of players that have to play H2A and as far as I'm concerned they can keep playing it. Everyone else who doesn't have an financial interest in halo should just revert back to the older games. Of course if you truly think H2A is better more power to you (you're wrong btw) but for everyone else, why deny yourself some fun? <_<

Opinions can be wrong apparently.

I don't actually think H2A is better, I do like it a lot though. Feels like what 4 should have been.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't actually think H2A is better, I do like it a lot though. Feels like what 4 should have been.

Like I said more power to you. Im referring to the people who don't have a stake in tournaments and are playing it because "its what the proz play". I guess I don't like sheep mentality. 

Btw: The only reason H2A is being played right now is because its being pushed by 343. Their vanity ruined what could a really good chance to show modern fps players what proper halo games should play like.  

Because H2A is the new game and it will attract more people. 

Neg me if you want but that's the truth. It's the same reason why we will be moving onto Halo 5 for HCS in October and Halo 6 in three years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel bad for the guys that basically HAVE to play H2A all the time.

I will never understand how they deal with it. I want to turn off my xbox every time I am in a H2A game.

I feel like you didn't even watch the own videos you posted. The first video clearly shows there is as much magnetism in halo3 as there is in halo ce, as both reticules are barely touching the opponent yet both are still landing shots.

And something you neglected to mention is that halo3's bullets lack 2 properties that halo ce has.

1. Halo's ces movement actually affects where the bullet goes.

So if your opponent is strafing to your right, you have to lead slightly to the right assuming your standing still

But if you are strafing to your right as well and lead the same amount as before, your bullets will miss because you're already moving your bullets to the right with your strafe speed

But if you walk to the left, you have to lead even more to the right so that the leftward than if you were standing still.

2. Halo CE's bullets actually have a significant travel time. If you're in RRR and fire the pistol, the opponent can duck or strafe to avoid the bullet. So essentially if it was computer vs computer, you could never land a pistol shot on each other at about the 30m mark (if im just doing an eye test) and you could dodge most of the bullets in a clip at ~15m(again just an experience thing). However in halo3, you can't dodge bullets anywhere in its RRR because the br projectile moves very fast.

These 2 points alone make magnetism necessary in halo ce because there are more factors to take into account than simply point and shoot.

And the reason people aim above the head is because it can be magnetized into the shoulders if you aim at head level so you aim a little higher so it hits the head. It's not like people use the bottom tip to get headshots, they just aim the center of the reticule just slightly above the forehead. Lots actually have a developed style for the 3shot where they raise the reticule during the fight so they shoot the guy in the leg area, then shoulder, then finish em off in the forehead.

Yes I watched the videos I linked. The bullet magnetism shown in the video is all but absent on everything except the BR, and even there it's not nearly as strong as Halo 1, where the plasma rifle bolts will turn 10 degrees to the left. I'm not even making any subjective claims, I'm just showing two varying amounts of bullet mag. I'm not saying it's not necessary to make H1 play how it does. We are using controllers after all, and the patch has made it apparent how much effect aa/bm can have on a game. I just think AA is a better solution for assisting players than bullet mag because it's more consistent. I don't disagree with you.

I just got my first game ever in the H2 playlist.

Holy shit..... and it only took 343 8 months.

I don't believe you.

Except with an awful melee system and an even worse weapon respawn system.  Hate on sprint and no descope all you want, but I'd take both of those in exchange for some proper bleedthrough and a sensible weapon timer.  H2A kept all of the worst parts about Halo 2 and got rid of its only redeeming qualities/glitches (button combos, wall glitches, objective grenades, etc).

The fact that we are still using the default weapon spawn system in Season 2 when we could have forged in static timers just blows my fucking mind.  Why?  Why.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Except with an awful melee system and an even worse weapon respawn system.  Hate on sprint and no descope all you want, but I'd take both of those in exchange for some proper bleedthrough and a sensible weapon timer.  H2A kept all of the worst parts about Halo 2 and got rid of its only redeeming qualities/glitches (button combos, wall glitches, objective grenades, etc).

The fact that we are still using the default weapon spawn system in Season 2 when we could have forged in static timers just blows my fucking mind.  Why?  Why.

Static timers. Then bring back the in box pov of the enemy team snipers during sanc snipe battles *drool*

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get team beyond...you guys all like Halo CE for being the highest skill gap and want all new Halo's to revert back to extremely high skill gaps. Then, whether it be on purpose or accidental, 343 made the Halo CE pistol harder than OG, making the skill gap even HIGHER than it was. Now all you guys hate it and want the skill gap to be lowered to what it was last patch.

Wtf is up with that?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I don't get team beyond...you guys all like Halo CE for being the highest skill gap and want all new Halo's to revert back to extremely high skill gaps. Then, whether it be on purpose or accidental, 343 made the Halo CE pistol harder than OG, making the skill gap even HIGHER than it was. Now all you guys hate it and want the skill gap to be lowered to what it was last patch.

Wtf is up with that?

ogs hard enough already

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's only a handful of players that have to play H2A and as far as I'm concerned they can keep playing it. Everyone else who doesn't have an financial interest in halo should just revert back to the older games. Of course if you truly think H2A is better more power to you (you're wrong btw) but for everyone else, why deny yourself some fun? <_<

Part of me is excited for H5 so all the h2a sheep can move to that and I can finally watch classic halo streams at the top of MCC twitch.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wtf is up with that?

Throwing a golf ball into a shot glass from 100 yards away is extremely hard. Doesn't mean it's a fun game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wtf is up with that?

completely changing the meta of an established game is a bad thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hate on sprint and no descope all you want, but I'd take both of those in exchange

no you didnt

• Upvote (+1) 1

So right around the 11:00 mark you get to hear Dan Ayoub and a developer from CA describe why Relic/Remnant was chosen.  Apparently, esports was one of the reasons, and they are considering it for the HCS.   

http://www.podtacular.com/media/podtacular-485/

Well... Since I don't play h2a, I guess this could be interesting as a spectator. Something tells me that actually playing it will be a nightmare.