CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm still just kind of laughing at the fact that there still has not been a single patch that has fixed issue and not broken something completely irrelevant to the things they fixed.

As a developer, it makes me cringe at the coding nightmare that is MCC. I would be terrified to look at it.

imagine working on it, I mean 343 deserves the negativity they've been getting for hastily putting the project together with the developer equivalent to scotch tape, but the game probably would still have issues and need some patching even if they took their time, some things just aren't seen in the dev period.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Just thought. I wish they didn't use the modified H4 engine to make H2A MP and used the H2A Campaign graphics instead for MP.

Its literally the same as H2C with a fresh layer. H2A MP is a completely different game to H2C, I've never really liked it, although it feels like a really good version of H4.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Its literally the same as H2C with a fresh layer. H2A MP is a completely different game to H2C, I've never really liked it, although it feels like a really good version of H4.

I whole-heartedly agree. On a marketing standpoint, it seems effective to recreate Halo 2's multiplayer but the harsh reality is, do not fix what was not broken and do not aspire to live under the shadow of an incredibly successful product. Granted, Halo Reach/4 are not 1-3, but Halo 2 Anniversary could have been so much better if it wasn't made specifically for celebrating Halo 2.

The name and core purpose is what's really poisoning H2A's progress, especially the map pool.

imagine working on it, I mean 343 deserves the negativity they've been getting for hastily putting the project together with the developer equivalent to scotch tape, but the game probably would still have issues and need some patching even if they took their time, some things just aren't seen in the dev period.

Some things are definitely not seen in the development period. Definitely. I can attest to that wholeheartedly. However, a lot of the stuff they said was to save face. They know it and I know it because this game was like 22% playable at launch; it was absolutely ridiculous to hear a statement saying "we didn't know about any of these issues during the development period" underneath the monstrosity of issues this game has had over the past six, approaching seven (in 10 days), months.

Just thought. I wish they didn't use the modified H4 engine to make H2A MP and used the H2A Campaign graphics instead for MP.

I was literally JUST saying this yesterday to my friends. I'm like, I can BXR, Double shoot, and these graphics look god damn amazing. I don't understand why they didn't just incorporate that straight into multiplayer... That would have been glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But those dank rock textures ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FTFY.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just think no magnetism is the root problem here. Fixing the spread is just covering up the real problem and is still going to make the aiming feel weird considering every console FPS has the magnetism.

I think we are on the same page about the difficulty. I don't think it is impossible, but I don't like it and I don't think we should accept it just because it's harder than it was. The game feels foreign to me now. Again, we are talking about top tier players missing 24 bullets on a guy top mid on HH. It's just absurdly hard and IMO takes too much away from the better parts of the game.

I am getting the feeling everyone agrees with everyone else and we are just talking in circles here

99% of them do!

To clarify before I post anything further, I don't want MCC/Halo CE to have NO magnetism and I want it to be as close to OG as possible. I think lack of aim enhancing mechanics (aim assist, auto aim, bullet magnetism) is rather fun to play, although it simply just does not work in Halo 1, especially when factoring this weird online netcode. I mean even if the netcode was perfect it still wouldn't work in Halo.

It's oddly refreshing to miss a bunch of shots as weird as it sound, but makes the ones I hit that much more awesome, again not for CE on MCC.

I really just dont like H2A to be honest.

Same. Least favorite game on the disc. Coming from someone who has despised Halo 4. But this is just my opinion of course.

Well... Halo 3 has almost no bullet mag.  And before anyone gets butthurt, compare H3 to H1

You can see Pistol shots and the Plasma Rifle curve quite a bit, I don't think many people here realize exactly how much bullet mag Halo 1 has.  Honestly, I'll take all auto aim with 0 bullet mag any day.  To me, bullet mag feels really cheap and inconsistent, I could swivel my cursor around your head in circles all day and all my bullets could still hit you.  It takes away from those clutch narrowly avoided sniper shots, or 1 shot BR duels.  Seems like you lose a lot of fidelity from the game when any sort of bullet mag is apparent, tight strafing is just that much worse as well.  At least auto aim is consistent, so that if you shot someone in the head, you actually shot someone in the head.  It just seems more "fair" to me . Just me 2 cents :) 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've only played Remnant a few times and it does seem to have some frame rate issues. I just use it to my advantage. :saucey:

Well... Halo 3 has almost no bullet mag.  And before anyone gets butthurt, compare H3 to H1

You can see Pistol shots and the Plasma Rifle curve quite a bit, I don't think many people here realize exactly how much bullet mag Halo 1 has.  Honestly, I'll take all auto aim with 0 bullet mag any day.  To me, bullet mag feels really cheap and inconsistent, I could swivel my cursor around your head in circles all day and all my bullets could still hit you.  It takes away from those clutch narrowly avoided sniper shots, or 1 shot BR duels.  Seems like you lose a lot of fidelity from the game when any sort of bullet mag is apparent, tight strafing is just that much worse as well.  At least auto aim is consistent, so that if you shot someone in the head, you actually shot someone in the head.  It just seems more "fair" to me . Just me 2 cents :)

I feel they're odd tests while designed to showcase the same thing. The Halo2 is Noobified video has people shooting testing the magnetism from right next to the players and weren't landing shots, sorta similar to the H3 battle rifle test which was done in medium range. (considering long range is awful) One thing that is known for CE players is to aim a bit above the head, because the magnetism will pull the bullet down and be considered a headshot. As far as I know magnetism isn't applied on an x/y axis meaning there's a stronger pull down than there is from side to side (that's irrelevant to CE I'm just curious in general), but this is the video I'm talking about.

I also feel it's an odd comment to make about swiveling your crosshair around the player and landing bullets specifically for a single shot weapon compared to burst fire

the pistol sucks right now mostly because of the wide spread and lower than required aim assist, if both of these things were rectified, we wouldn't be having any problems.

I feel they're odd tests while designed to showcase the same thing. The Halo2 is Noobified video has people shooting testing the magnetism from right next to the players and weren't landing shots, sorta similar to the H3 battle rifle test which was done in medium range. (considering long range is awful) One thing that is known for CE players is to aim a bit above the head, because the magnetism will pull the bullet down and be considered a headshot. As far as I know magnetism isn't applied on an x/y axis meaning there's a stronger pull down than there is from side to side (that's irrelevant to CE I'm just curious in general), but this is the video I'm talking about.

I also feel it's an odd comment to make about swiveling your crosshair around the player and landing bullets specifically for a single shot weapon compared to burst fire

Well I only said that because I had a traumatizing experience in the H5 beta.  This dude was running at me shooting completely straight with absolutely no deviance whatsoever.  I was strafing left and right rather quickly, and he 4 shot me.  I watched the killcam, and to my horror despite my entire body being outside of his reticule for every one of the 4 shots (either on the left or right) every bullet hit me.  It was at that moment I swore my hatred towards bullet mag lol.  And I know that the killcams weren't completely accurate, but it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't moving his right thumbstick and I was strafing. 

Ranks by Wednesday?

I am really hoping they will come out today but that is just wishful thinking.

I am really hoping they will come out today but that is just wishful thinking.

Yeah you're expecting too much out of them fam. Wednesday is me being optimistic, it'll probably be Friday

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As far as I know magnetism isn't applied on an x/y axis meaning there's a stronger pull down than there is from side to side (that's irrelevant to CE I'm just curious in general), but this is the video I'm talking about.

The magnetism pulls in every direction. You can make a bullet land on a wall behind someone out of your view if you aim just off to the side of them. It's totally relevant, imo.

One of the great things about the bullet mag in h1 is that at range you can aim your reticle completely off of the target and SEE exactly where your bullets are hitting on the wall. You can make the necessary micro adjustments to score hits without having to squint inside your reticle.

Is it easier that way? Sure. But it's still very balanced and more inportantly fun as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just got my first game ever in the H2 playlist.

Holy shit..... and it only took 343 8 months.

I've been getting matches without fail in just about all the mcc playlists for about a month now. I guess I'm just lucky.

I've been getting matches without fail in just about all the mcc playlists for about a month now. I guess I'm just lucky.

I'm from Australia

Yeah you're expecting too much out of them fam. Wednesday is me being optimistic, it'll probably be Friday

I was assuming when they said June it meant last week in June lol.

Seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm from Australia

yeah that doesn't surprise me, the dedicated servers are nonexistent in this game.