CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

These forums are so much better than the Halo sub-reddit. For some reason that sub has so many 343 apologists.

r/Halo?

I'd disagree. I've seen a fair amount of hate towards 343 since Halo 4 over there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt Halo is getting much consistent praise on any forum sans the obscure fansites.

I'm mostly involved with the #Lore now it seems, since it's going a much better direction than the games so far...

If 343 was in a relationship and wanted to break up, they'd do it over text message.

No, they'd cheat on you with your childhood friend until you found out, and then cheat on her as well, leaving her sad and broken inside.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is 343 ok with letting H3 & Reach have a bunch of playlists on the 360 which "spreads the population too thin" but MCC only gets about 10 playlists to cover 5 games? Pretty sure people find games just as quickly on those games as MCC. Why don't they offer more options for MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is the CU supposed to accompany the release of ODST?  Are we getting ranked CE and Hardcore tomorrow?

Is the CU supposed to accompany the release of ODST? Are we getting ranked CE and Hardcore tomorrow?

Someone (I think in this thread) said ranks weren't coming out until a few weeks after the next CU?

r/Halo?

I'd disagree. I've seen a fair amount of hate towards 343 since Halo 4 over there.

There's definitely a fair bit of hate (probably more than the 343 apologists) but theres also quite a few 343 apologists who really get on my nerves.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Like I generally wonder if 343 is seriously incompetent and unable to actually figure out their PR nightmare.

Still a few questions to ask:

Why is Halo 3: ODST not being given its own section on the main menu? 

Will Halo 3: ODST Campaign missions be added to previous playlists?

Will Halo 3: ODST ever be available for those who didn't play before December 19th (and at what cost?)

Will Remnant we an optional or mandatory download?

When is Team Hardcore getting Halo 3 tournament-approved settings?

Why no Firefight :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like how he goes on about file share first when everyone wants to know what the hell is happening with ranks and odst and any specific game fixes... File share is obviously a good feature but not priority.

So I'm guessing we're not seeing anything till at least Tuesday...

It also looks like Halo 3 ODST is an optional download which is great, no need to have another GB gargling required update.

I like how he goes on about file share first when everyone wants to know what the hell is happening with ranks and odst and any specific game fixes... File share is obviously a good feature but not priority.

So I'm guessing we're not seeing anything till at least Tuesday...

Who cares what he talks about first in the post when everything you want to know is there anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will Halo 3: ODST ever be available for those who didn't play before December 19th (and at what cost?)

Where does it say it is not getting its own section.

Why does the first question matter?

I assume adding it under halo 3 was just easier than modifying the main menu. Let's not overcomplicate the UI... This is 343 we're talking about... If they can fuck it up they will.

And remnant must be mandatory... You need it for h2a playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where does it say it is not getting its own section.

2pressbandselectself-7478015eb44545fcb93

Halo 3 only has 11 missions, not 22.

Why does the first question matter?

I assume adding it under halo 3 was just easier than modifying the main menu. Let's not overcomplicate the UI... This is 343 we're talking about... If they can fuck it up they will.

And remnant must be mandatory... You need it for h2a playlists.

1. Because Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST are two entirely different games?
  2. Still, not everyone plays matchmaking. With ODST being optional, it is entirely possible Remnant could be too. 

I'm guessing it's mandatory, just a hunch. And yes they're different games but it's still called halo 3 in the title, the games are linked. I personally don't think it matters at all and was probably easier to add it under that part of the game code and the ui auto links it or something. If I have to choose between getting multiplayer issues fixed vs a debatable UI choice I'm going with the former.

Could be an old picture, I'd assume it will have it's own section, would be weird if it was under Halo 3(could be like when you select H2C or H2A in custom games though, because Halo 3: ODST have 'Halo 3' in it).

I'd assume so, but idk.

Probably will cost something, or they go "free for everybody!!!".

Would assume it's mandatory, as everybody gets the map, if I remember correctly?

"soon"  :kappa:

I'd assume firefight gets added at a later date like Spartan Ops.

There's definitely a fair bit of hate (probably more than the 343 apologists) but theres also quite a few 343 apologists who really get on my nerves.

It has 100K members, so it's going to be a pretty diverse set of opinions(But Reddit can make it seem like a hivemind one way or the other depending on the thread)

It has 200K members, so it's going to be a pretty diverse set of opinions(But Reddit can make it seem like a hivemind one way or the other depending on the thread)

Fair enough.