CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I agree, although (no surprise) I'm on the customs and forging side right now. With the crack team of MCC devs they have working on all the unstated bugs and missing features...

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

Most people want more game and party fixes in the next CU. I just want to be able to search alone without matching a team of more then 2. It's the worst when you match a team of 7 in BTB and you were searching solo. It ruins the experience when I'm trying to play just about any playlist and I worry about matching teams.

hbNS9Yq.gif

Fix'd.

You can embed gifv's?

I need more tissues.

Sure but 343 had nothing to do with it showing up early. Thought you were implying, my mistake.

I mean, I was - you're not wrong.

The truth is (unless you've got an in) it's impossible to know whose fault it was that it went up early - could be as simple as a communication error between the two parties.

The bigger issue is that both groups, Microsoft and 343, continue to run their biggest franchise and exclusive into the ground day after day. It's unfathomable to me how callous they've been with Master Chief.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You'd think with how poorly everything has gone, they'd be a bit more careful with any future releases.

Nope...

How the people in charge over there are still in charge I will never understand. It's an absolute travesty what they've done with one of the most profitable IPs in the history of gaming.

I have heard that FTEs at Microsoft / subsidiaries have some pretty secure jobs.

I ground out Cairo Station with some stupid skulls on just so I could get the yellow magnum nameplate, and I'm like, let's just play a simple solo match of H1 with no timer or anything to relax.

Get someone with the clan tag "PatchIsUGLY" on Priz and that went about how you'd expect.

Who knew, guys. In the hands of a great player, the H3 BR is like the H1 pistol.

From our friends on reddit:

D7YQ8Sq.png

He's not wrong

You need to be a fantastic player.

Like one who can modify the code and make the gun not suck

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He's not wrong

You need to be a fantastic player.

Like one who can modify the code and make the gun not suck

Someone should link him the Bungie weekly update where the author explicitly states that each bullet in the BR's burst has an increasing "variance" in accuracy.

I don't have problems with people who prefer a different Halo game than me,  However, I do have a problem when people try to defend a game with factually incorrect information. Somehow it always seems to be Halo 3 fans, and anytime you point out how shoddy H3's hit detection was, their standard response is "you just don't know how to lead your shots." 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think btb should have ranks. There are some playlists that shouldn't have them.

I wholeheartedly agree some playlists shouldn't have ranks, but I think BTB should. Mainly due to the people that like to grind BTB like most people like to grind the MLG/HCS playlists. I get there are chill playlists, and I enjoy them. I just think those playlists should be Team Slayer, Action Sack, etc.

Only problem is, there is no action sack... Also, team slayer has generally been ranked since forever, and should stay that way. Btb is the ultimate chill playlist, and should stay that way.

I wholeheartedly agree some playlists shouldn't have ranks, but I think BTB should. Mainly due to the people that like to grind BTB like most people like to grind the MLG/HCS playlists. I get there are chill playlists, and I enjoy them. I just think those playlists should be Team Slayer, Action Sack, etc.

it could be solved by making it so teams of 5+ can only match teams of 5+ with randoms/smaller parties taking up the remaining space with smaller parties having the priority. Teams of 4- can match randoms or other small teams.

Then you can have the hidden skill in the background. If you look at h3 social, it had hidden ranks that worked when the population was over 1000 people. Experienced players werent matching off the boat players which greatly imrpoved the quality of games for both parties.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think BTB should stay unranked, but it absolutely needs party matching restrictions. That way, competitive btb teams can just search the social playlist and find other large teams searching. A stacked party vs 8 randoms is zero fun for both teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The population is so low on this game it'll struggle to find teams.

If 343 doesn't announce something exciting for MCC at E3 to boost the population, then the dream is dead.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If 343 doesn't announce something exciting for MCC at E3 to boost population, then the dream is dead.

Yeah, it'll be our only and last chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Three days left to deliver something in May. They are cutting it close unless we are about to get the "due to ODST integration we've run into technical difficulties and will update you with more information about the future release date soon." You'd think we would get something solid before e3, which is just a couple of weeks away. Then again, maybe not.

Here's a possibility... 343's Halo 5 e3 reveal blows everyone's socks off and the pre-order hype train is on cruse control until it's release. And let's hope MCC still gets the attention that it will more-than-likely still need well after Halo 5 releases.

Three days left to deliver something in May. They are cutting it close unless we are about to get the "due to ODST integration we've run into technical difficulties and will update you with more information about the future release date soon." You'd think we would get something solid before e3, which is just a couple of weeks away. Then again, maybe not.

Here's a possibility... 343's Halo 5 e3 reveal blows everyone's socks off and the pre-order hype train is on cruse control until it's release. And let's hope MCC still gets the attention that it will more-than-likely still need well after Halo 5 releases.

ODST was literally on the store and was on standby to download. ODST is finished. 

The update probably didn't pass certification or something.

Question for you guys. I've been playing Team Hardcore a little more frequently and noticed something I don't remember from the original. It seems I die by one grenade when I have full health pretty frequently. Has this always been the case, or is this something that only happens in MCC?

Question for you guys. I've been playing Team Hardcore a little more frequently and noticed something I don't remember from the original. It seems I die by one grenade when I have full health pretty frequently. Has this always been the case, or is this something that only happens in MCC?

Sounds like lag. If you could get a clip of it, I'd appreciate it.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks they'll even mention MCC at E3.

Agreed. Although, I can't imagine that 343 is going to get a warm fuzzy feeling from the crowd when they take the stage. Maybe some some teasers or ViDoc on Halo 5 development prior to e3 might help. For me, I just need something to get me hyped for Halo 5, because I'm not feeling it yet.

Did you throw a grenade right as the grenade that hit you blew up? If so, then you got the instasplode on your nade. Shit happens to me all day lol. 

Agreed. Although, I can't imagine that 343 is going to get a warm fuzzy feeling from the crowd when they take the stage. Maybe some some teasers or ViDoc on Halo 5 development prior to e3 might help. For me, I just need something to get me hyped for Halo 5, because I'm not feeling it yet.

They'll probably just do something similar to Halo 4's announcement - just go straight into gameplay without any warning.