CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sure let's just artificially delay compensation that an outsourced company already finished because mcc isn't 100% fixed yet. Just because.

You people blow my mind, especially warlord.

And what's wrong with being excited about odst in 60fps 1080p? Seriously keep your dumb cynical opinions to yourself and let fans of the game be excited if they want. You are just ruining the fun for them and being fucking dicks.

Here's an opinion that is fine.... "I'm glad we are getting odst for free but it is pretty outrageous that mcc has been broken for 6 months, we shouldn't cut them any slack because multiplayer is the reason most of us bought this game!"

No, instead you choose to generalize everyone who is an odst fan as someone who supports 343i and as a result fracture this community. Well done with your insane logic you stupid dick.

You can't be serious kid. Seriously idiots like you are the reason that developers get away with everything.

Oh we get something for free that has nothing to do with the product that we wanted/paid for.

Also I never said that ODST is a bad game. You logic is flawed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just going to pop into this argument with some queries, you state:

Well done with your insane logic you stupid dick.

Yet your logic is questionable at best.

And what's wrong with being excited about odst in 60fps 1080p? Seriously keep your dumb cynical opinions to yourself and let fans of the game be excited if they want. You are just ruining the fun for them and being fucking dicks.

We're not ruining anyone's fun. The reason we are upset is because we bought MCC to play Halo 1 and 2 multiplayer on dedicated servers. If we wanted to play Halo 3, 4 or ODST, we could have any time within the last 7 years. In fact you can still play them. You cannot play Halo 1 or Halo 2 online anymore (in Halo 1's case, never could except via tunnelling which is sketchy at best). 

So we are getting compensated with a game that we can already play with no issues, but the thing we are being compensated for is still broken. That's the reason behind the lukewarm reception ODST is getting.

Here's an opinion that is fine.... "I'm glad we are getting odst for free but it is pretty outrageous that mcc has been broken for 6 months, we shouldn't cut them any slack because multiplayer is the reason most of us bought this game!"

This is basically what everyone is saying. I don't understand what your argument is, from what I can see this is already what people are saying.

I'm not attacking you I just don't understand why you're arguing against a point you agree with?

• Upvote (+1) 4

2015 and I still can't search alone because I play against a To4 consistently GG's

It is an earth shattering difference. Friggin console peasants are too used to their 15 fps Perfect Dark I tell ya!

(I'm joking btw, 30 fps is acceptable but 60fps really is that much better)

If a game is really, REALLY good, framerate isn't as big a deal. Ocarina of Time wasn't a solid 30 FPS...

BTW, I personally don't give a lick about ODST, with firefight or not. I bought an Xbone for Halo 1 on Xbox Live, and I got Halo PC on a version of Xbox Live that doesn't feel anywhere near as good as it did 11 years ago.

The ONLY compensation I want is for the product that I bought to work AT LEAST as good as I remember. If that means re-porting it at 480p/30 FPS, so be it!

And if it ends up NEVER working correctly, I WILL mail my copy of MCC right to Phil Spencer's door with a refund request attached.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If a game is really, REALLY good, framerate isn't as big a deal. Ocarina of Time wasn't a solid 30 FPS...

BTW, I personally don't give a lick about ODST, with firefight or not. I bought an Xbone for Halo 1 on Xbox Live, and I got Halo PC on a version of Xbox Live that doesn't feel anywhere near as good as it did 11 years ago.

The ONLY compensation I want is for the product that I bought to work AT LEAST as good as I remember. If that means re-porting it at 480p/30 FPS, so be it!

And if it ends up NEVER working correctly, I WILL mail my copy of MCC right to Phil Spencer's door with a refund request attached.

Anything below 60 for a shooter is unacceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 6

plug in your 360 and play it then.

Am I alone and not particularly caring about this whole 60fps/1080p craze? yeah it's a little smoother but it's not an earth shatteringly big a difference.

The appeal of H1 and H2 was that you can't play them online anymore, but the rest of the games is really whatever.

60FPS makes it all worth it.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just going to pop into this argument with some queries, you state:

Yet your logic is questionable at best.

We're not ruining anyone's fun. The reason we are upset is because we bought MCC to play Halo 1 and 2 multiplayer on dedicated servers. If we wanted to play Halo 3, 4 or ODST, we could have any time within the last 7 years. In fact you can still play them. You cannot play Halo 1 or Halo 2 online anymore (in Halo 1's case, never could except via tunnelling which is sketchy at best).

So we are getting compensated with a game that we can already play with no issues, but the thing we are being compensated for is still broken. That's the reason behind the lukewarm reception ODST is getting.

This is basically what everyone is saying. I don't understand what your argument is, from what I can see this is already what people are saying.

I'm not attacking you I just don't understand why you're arguing against a point you agree with?

Are you even reading warlords posts? That's not what he's saying at all. I'm not talking about everyone who said they're not excited, it's fine not to be, what's not fine is shitting on people who are.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You can't be serious kid. Seriously idiots like you are the reason that developers get away with everything.

Explain how. Point out exactly where I said something that indicates I am letting devs get away with shit.

Am I alone and not particularly caring about this whole 60fps/1080p craze?  yeah it's a little smoother but it's not an earth shatteringly big a difference.

The appeal of H1 and H2 was that you can't play them online anymore, but the rest of the games is really whatever.

The 1080p craze is only for people who care more about graphics and bragging rights for their favorite console. 60fps affects gameplay though and it was a large reason why I was excited for MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The 1080p craze is only for people who care more about graphics and bragging rights for their favorite console. 60fps affects gameplay though and it was a large reason why I was excited for MCC.

I dunno, 1080p is very nice to have. Compare H3 on the 360 and H3 on the X1 and the difference is pretty huge. It's crazy how much aliasing was in the 360 version. It definitely has some effect on the gameplay as well; every is far clearer and more visible  on the X1. That said it's no where near the benefit of 60fps.

I dunno, 1080p is very nice to have. Compare H3 on the 360 and H3 on the X1 and the difference is pretty huge. It's crazy how much aliasing was in the 360 version. It definitely has some effect on the gameplay as well; every is far clearer and more visible  on the X1. That said it's no where near the benefit of 60fps.

I agree, 1080p is nice, but many prefer that over 60fps for ridiculous reasons. When a game is 720p/60fps, it hits every gaming blog and forum out there of fans going crazy. Yet when a game is 1080p/30fps, you'll be lucky to see a thread on it. Console keyboard warriors are pressuring developers to focus on resolution over framerate to dodge bad PR, it's annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, 1080p is nice, but many prefer that over 60fps for ridiculous reasons. When a game is 720p/60fps, it hits every gaming blog and forum out there of fans going crazy. Yet when a game is 1080p/30fps, you'll be lucky to see a thread on it. Console keyboard warriors are pressuring developers to focus on resolution over framerate to dodge bad PR, it's annoying.

For a lot of games I'd rather have 1080p than 60fps. Games like Witcher, Elder Scrolls etc. benefit more from being gorgeous than 60fps IMO. As long as it's a smooth and locked 30.

However for a shooter like Halo, I'd take 60fps over 1080p straight away. Although 720p really is bad, I'd rather they knock the level of effects or texture quality etc. down and bump up the res to something like 900p. I expect H5 will be something around 900p, maybe 1080pr like H2A. I really can't see them hitting 1080p/60fps though.

That said, Destiny still feels pretty damn good, even at 30fps.

That's because most people, especially console guys, don't catch on to the fact that responsive controls/mechanics and performance top EVERYTHING. All you really have to do is look at a list of the top games in the world to see the truth of this. Not one of them is graphically impressive.

That's because most people, especially console guys, don't catch on to the fact that responsive controls/mechanics and performance top EVERYTHING. All you really have to do is look at a list of the top games in the world to see the truth of this. Not one of them is graphically impressive.

That really depends on how you define the "top games in the world".

That really depends on how you define the "top games in the world".

The ones that the largest number of players continue playing for years and years as their primary game and only take brief breaks from to play the new thing. Witcher 3 is a good example of a game people will buy and play then return to the usual. League of Legends is a good example of a game that sits at the top for a long time. Both exceptional games but LoL is clearly going to remain on another level for a multitude of reasons  not the least of which is the system requirements to play it and the replayability.

Perhaps a better example is World of Warcraft vs the rest of the MMO world. Its long since stopped being impressive graphically. Its controls and gameplay remain the tightest in its genre by far and its been crushing forever and a half at this point. Every other MMO feels like your character is sliding across the ground and the controls feel slow/clunky compared to WoW. The gameplay feedback from responsive controls is a big deal and probably the reason they manage to charge as much or more for their game (compared to other MMOs) despite being a decade old and they also happen to dwarf the population of every other MMO

ODST Optional Download ?  YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!  Not going to even bother dling and filling up 8gbs of my hdd with that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody slightly worried that ODST being an add-on to MCC might introduce additional bugs or will it work like the Halo 5 beta, which was a navigational link to launch a game outside of MCC? Additionally, ODST looks to be dropping on Friday and with that do you think there will be a content update on or before Friday?

It seems like there's a lot of stuff happening with MCC the next few days including ODST, Content Update, Relic, and Playlist updates. Hopefully that all goes smoothly and this game is getting closer to what it should have been day one!

Until then it's back to the House of Wolves... definitely a fun expansion! Speaking of the House of Wolves any of you competitive Halo players tried the Trials of Osiris? From what I've seen via Twitch, that looks intense and suited for the TB competitive people around here.

Anybody slightly worried that ODST being an add-on to MCC might introduce additional bugs or will it work like the Halo 5 beta, which was a navigational link to launch a game outside of MCC? Additionally, ODST looks to be dropping on Friday and with that do you think there will be a content update on or before Friday?

It seems like there's a lot of stuff happening with MCC the next few days including ODST, Content Update, Relic, and Playlist updates. Hopefully that all goes smoothly and this game is getting closer to what it should have been day one!

Until then it's back to the House of Wolves... definitely a fun expansion! Speaking of the House of Wolves any of you competitive Halo players tried the Trials of Osiris? From what I've seen via Twitch, that looks intense and suited for the TB competitive people around here.

Absolutely terrified that ODST will add new bugs, specifically UI ones. 

ODST was being listed as an add-on for MCC and not a game on the Xbox Games Store so it's likely we will play it inside of MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8.1 gigs :x. This better not be mandatory yo I swear...

Isn't it awesome!! Half of a game (thats right HALF) that no one asked for as compensation for a game that they still haven't fixed yet, and knowing these people this game will mess up even more things for the game thats still not fixed!

Oh and yeah, you had to have played the disaster game before December 19th or else you cant get this game nope! Even though the disaster game wasnt marginally playable until March. Everyone else? Nah you might have to pay 20$ for half of a 2009 video game in 2015

What a great time to be a gamer man, scratch that, what a great time to be ALIVE!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ones that the largest number of players continue playing for years and years as their primary game and only take brief breaks from to play the new thing. Witcher 3 is a good example of a game people will buy and play then return to the usual. League of Legends is a good example of a game that sits at the top for a long time. Both exceptional games but LoL is clearly going to remain on another level for a multitude of reasons not the least of which is the system requirements to play it and the replayability.

Perhaps a better example is World of Warcraft vs the rest of the MMO world. Its long since stopped being impressive graphically. Its controls and gameplay remain the tightest in its genre by far and its been crushing forever and a half at this point. Every other MMO feels like your character is sliding across the ground and the controls feel slow/clunky compared to WoW. The gameplay feedback from responsive controls is a big deal and probably the reason they manage to charge as much or more for their game (compared to other MMOs) despite being a decade old and they also happen to dwarf the population of every other MMO

That's a fairly odd way of defining the top games...

Obviously LoL is going to retain its player base for a longer time than the Witcher; that's because it's a multiplayer game which is designed to be as replayable as possible, whereas the Witcher is a story based RPG which has an ending. It's not because LoL has smoother and more responsive gameplay.

Look at the TLOU, it's considered one of the best games of all time by many people yet it had a somewhat shoddy performance. It is praised because it has fantastic presentation and story telling.

Same thing with GTAV, it's among the best selling games of all time and received massive acclaim from both critics and players. However the last gen games barely hit 30 FPS and characters control like whales.

Skyrim's combat is widely regarded as very poor and it generally controls pretty badly. However many people have spent hundreds of hours playing and it's still among the top 10 most played games on Steam.

I don't think 60fps or precise controls are anywhere near as important to the average consumer as the presentation of the game.