CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love H3. Then again I don't play it seriously at all, it's just screwing around for me.

If I pick up the snipe I only go for noscopes, stickies are my #1 weapon and the mauler is just the best. I find it's a nice break from playing seriously in the ranked playlists.

Halo 3 is only good for mucking around. Shark on Jaws, Bumber cars, Splazerz on Lazers, Infection etc. All good fun. But when you're a competitive player and you get AR Epitaph, it makes you want to turn your Xbox off and bury it in the garden with a large amount of spoons to confuse archaeologists of the future.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 3 is only good for mucking around. Shark on Jaws, Bumber cars, Splazerz on Lazers, Infection etc. All good fun. But when you're a competitive player and you get AR Epitaph, it makes you want to turn your Xbox off and bury it in the garden with a large amount of spoons to confuse archaeologists of the future.

You can say the same about SMG starts on any map in Halo 2. I have a fun competitive experience if I'm playing Team BR's on The Pit, Guardian, or Narrows.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Its not a fun experience for me even on br starts. All slayer varients were very slow paced in their prime, and with radar its below a snails pace. I cant contest power weapons bc the br is simply horrid on mcc. And when i do have power weapons, i have to crouch 24/7 to combat the opponents crouching. Only map that is somewhat bearable is heretic bc theres no where to hide, but even then the winner is decided by who pulled host that game unless one team considerably outmatches the other.

H2 smgs is bad, but at least you can still pick up a weapon that works.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How did I even like Halo 3 when it game out, it's fucking awful.

It was something new, very popular, had new features and it still had the simple Halo concept with equipment.

Halo 3 is good however comparing it to Halo 2 or Halo 1 or v7 Reach its shitty.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I'm being forced to live at my cottage all summer since I can't get a summer job at home. That means no land based ISP for me.

So basically MCC is finally going to be sick after this update and I'll miss out. By the time I'm home H5 will have dropped.

Has anyone tried wireless (from a nearby antenna) internet? Its NOT satellite but rather a 4G/LTE antenna. Speeds are 10 down, 1 up, but will the ping be shit?

The ISP is called Xplorernet.

If the connection is stable, 10 down 1 up might be good enough. I would think Halo 1 would be the most stable game as it probably has the least amount of data flowing between peers. It's worth a shot.

Edit: @@beamimpact what do you think?

in general that speed is more than youll need to play mcc, youd be fine with a fraction of that speed

as stated before the ping is the bigger problem you will face

with a 4G/LTE connection you can actually get decent pings, if the antenna is close to you then 20-30ms is what you can expect

even with 50-80ms you will still be fine and able to compete very well if the antenna is farer away

i dont know that specific ISP but if its not all that bad and the connection doesnt fluctuate too much i dont see a reason why you should not have a great time with that connection

make sure though that its not 3G that you re gaming on, also you must expect occassional lag spikes once in a while with LTE

There needs to be an intoxicated playlist. Breathalyzer controller attachment to join.

Basic Training on H3 360
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Once again over the weekend I switched up going back and forth from X360 H3 to MCC H3 and they basically aren't the same games.  Beyond the crap map selections in MCC, the network performance is terrible (I live in a major city and have good ping times etc. - it isn't my connection).  Even w/ the abysmal X360 H3 player population the game performed better than MCC H3 on hit recognition (and it's more fun).  MCC H3 looks SO much better, but it's like that old saying about pretty girls - no matter how hot she is, some man, some where, is sick of her s*&T.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once again over the weekend I switched up going back and forth from X360 H3 to MCC H3 and they basically aren't the same games.  Beyond the crap map selections in MCC, the network performance is terrible (I live in a major city and have good ping times etc. - it isn't my connection).  Even w/ the abysmal X360 H3 player population the game performed better than MCC H3 on hit recognition (and it's more fun).  MCC H3 looks SO much better, but it's like that old saying about pretty girls - no matter how hot she is, some man, some where, is sick of her s*&T.

I agree to an extent.

The only reason I rather play it on MCC is because of the jump from 30 the 60 fps.

Idk how I ever played Halo on 30 fps. I literally can't play it on the 360 anymore because of that single factor. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

One of my coworkers is impossible to convince that CoD and modern Halo are made to be easier. He goes with the argument "If everyone can spawn with those weapons through time, then it's balanced and competitive". Fuckin hell

One of my coworkers is impossible to convince that CoD and modern Halo are made to be easier. He goes with the argument "if everyone can spawn with those weapons through time, then it's balanced and competitive". Fuckin hell

Coincidentally, Waypoint users use the same argument in regards to SMG starts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Coincidentally, Waypoint users use the same argument in regards to SMG starts.

You just can't handle the meta an diverse gameplay it offers.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won't be using my phone as a hotspot. Its going to be an antenna set up on the cottage that receives the 4G signals from a nearby land broadcaster.

One of my coworkers is impossible to convince that CoD and modern Halo are made to be easier. He goes with the argument "If everyone can spawn with those weapons through time, then it's balanced and competitive". Fuckin hell

Bad karma for talking about Halo instead of working.

Bad karma for talking about Halo instead of working.

We had work yesterday and the business was so slow, I was paid to watch Neflix and play Agar.io for 8 hours. Give it to me straight, how negative is my karma?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pinging your ISP and pinging the host are entirely different things.

thisagain.jpg

Ok I have decided to continue playing MCC under one condition, I refuse to search matchmaking. I will inevitably fail when searching as I have discovered in my voyage. I am now a broken man seeking regular custom games to satisfy my dire need for Halo skull crushing among all other things in life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else here hate Lockdown as much as I do?

I've never understood the community obsession with that map. It's terrible.

Why do people with no mics vote objective so much in HCS? I'm not a slayer only kid, I hate those kinds of players, but i really, REALLY dont want to play Lockdown Ball and Sanc Bomb with a team that doesnt have mics. I would think others would feel the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its not a fun experience for me even on br starts. All slayer varients were very slow paced in their prime, and with radar its below a snails pace. I cant contest power weapons bc the br is simply horrid on mcc. And when i do have power weapons, i have to crouch 24/7 to combat the opponents crouching. Only map that is somewhat bearable is heretic bc theres no where to hide, but even then the winner is decided by who pulled host that game unless one team considerably outmatches the other.

H2 smgs is bad, but at least you can still pick up a weapon that works.

radar alone is why the TS playlist is trash to me. I don't understand why Halo devs don't fully adopt no radar. It's not fun having to hold crouch to move around maps, intricate ones, because of a blip that tells the opponent exactly where you are....shit is so lame. I'm glad they ae gonna make the rest of the CE gametypes outside of doubles without radar, they need to go ahead and do it for all of matchmaking.

Salute to you radar watchers grinding for ranks because not even a number next to my name could make me enjoy that shit

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've never understood the community obsession with that map. It's terrible.

It's a map that offers a variety of strategies and has a nice balance of CQB and ranged combat. Though I never agreed with the Sword being on it. The Shotgun is enough. I'm not saying the map isn't overrated, but it's in no way terrible.

And De_Dust is the most overrated map in FPS history.