CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I play and i have about 15-20 that play almost every day more on the weekends and Yes the Ranks are starting to work just as they should skill matching is doing its best with the low population between all the different playlists /// the game is getting better slowly

Or has it reached its plateau?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is the exact type of thing I knew I'd run into by posting my comment. You're taking what I've said and skewed it to sound like an attack.

For every AU player, there's 20 NA/EU players. If AU had the majority of online gamers, then the situation would be reversed. Like I said, I have friends and family who live in AU and they fully realize this reality. When there are 7 NA/EU players in a lobby, having one AU player ruins the game for the other players. If you're one EU/NA player in a lobby of 7 other AU players, then you're ruining the game for the AU guys. It goes both ways.

It just so happens that the vast majority of online gamers are from NA/EU.

When I say "you're ruining the game for other people" I dont say it as derogatory or as if it's anybody's fault. You've missed the entire point of my post. There are two simple facts that are leading to the AU connection problem:

1. AU players are not matched with NA/EU players very often on Xbone.

2. The majority of gamers aren't from AU.

EU players can easily get good connections with NA players if they have worldly internet. I have a ton of EU friends (Batchford incl) that my friends and I can connect to with zero issues. AU is a different story.

Clam down.

Yeah and what I'm saying is you can't control who you should play in mm so there's no point in complaining about that and besides au an EU shouldn't have to just play in their regions anyway. Got Xbox live so I can play with everybody in da worldz and in halo's case where US has the biggest scene, best players and sweatiest randoms they are who I wanna be playing online-and again if 1 guy lagging in a game ruins it for you then that's your own problem. My problem is your attitude, EU and au can just get fibre connections so they can make up for americas dinosaur connections. All I'm sayin is jawshy don't be thst guy who moans about foreign connections cos they're still At a bigger disadvantage and when you play muricans in mm you are playingconnections I only ever get the pleasure of enjoying in customs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Jesus, when is this months update out?!

have we even got a timeframe yet except for this month?

the moment we get a "rough" timeframe by bravo its usually one more month until it drops

This is the exact type of thing I knew I'd run into by posting my comment. You're taking what I've said and skewed it to sound like an attack.

For every AU player, there's 20 NA/EU players. If AU had the majority of online gamers, then the situation would be reversed. Like I said, I have friends and family who live in AU and they fully realize this reality. When there are 7 NA/EU players in a lobby, having one AU player ruins the game for the other players. If you're one EU/NA player in a lobby of 7 other AU players, then you're ruining the game for the AU guys. It goes both ways.

It just so happens that the vast majority of online gamers are from NA/EU.

When I say "you're ruining the game for other people" I dont say it as derogatory or as if it's anybody's fault. You've missed the entire point of my post. There are two simple facts that are leading to the AU connection problem:

1. AU players are not matched with NA/EU players very often on Xbone.

2. The majority of gamers aren't from AU.

EU players can easily get good connections with NA players if they have worldly internet. I have a ton of EU friends (Batchford incl) that my friends and I can connect to with zero issues. AU is a different story.

Clam down.

US to EU ping is the same as US to AU, it's around 200ms.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I matched Sn1py in a Chilly 2v2 last night. My team got absolutely demolished. Like 15 to 50 demolished. It was a great learning experience; yadda yadda.

But LOL, the guy on my team said some of the most ignint things I've ever heard. Here are some awesome quotes from the game:

"This kid sucks! All he does is spawn snipe me!"

"Wow. They both keep shooting me! Fight me 1 on 1 bitch!"

"This kids so lucky I keep spawning on grenades"

"Wow. What a nerd. Still remembers spawns from 14 years ago."

Me: "Dude, this guy is a top H1 player. Stop acting like he's not insanely good."

His response: "it's not like he even has a good pistol or sniper. He's not doing anything that nobody else can do"

Lol, okay dude.

• Upvote (+1) 7

git gud

Lol how is that a post about me getting dicked?

Your point still stands; I do need to git gud, but still. No dicking going on in that post lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol how is that a post about me getting dicked?

Your point still stands; I do need to git gud, but still. No dicking going on in that post lol

I was joking scrublord

Were you playing with one of your H2 pals or was it a random? If it was the former I want to school him

I was joking scrublord

Were you playing with one of your H2 pals or was it a random? If it was the former I want to school him

Lrn2sarcasm lol

And h2 pal. And school him in what? The dude clearly knows more about h1 than Sn1py so I don't know why you think you could even get a kill on him.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

its not even 200 west coast to na. Its more like 150-200 west coast to au, and 100-150 to eu. Eu to east coast is usually less than 100. I personally ping 94 to my netherland vpn. So east coast host allows for smooth play with west coast and eu in the game. But i feel like the lag jump from 150 to 200 is much worse than 100 to 150.

Not to mention the internet in au sucks. Maybe if there was a decent provider it could work.

And i havent played any aussies outside of 360 h3, but when 1 aussie was in the fame, even offhost, the game lagged.

its not even 200 west coast to na. Its more like 150-200 west coast to au, and 100-150 to eu. Eu to east coast is usually less than 100. So east coast host allows for smooth play with west coast and eu in the game. But i feel like the lag jump from 150 to 200 is much worse than 100 to 150.

Not to mention the internet in au sucks. Maybe if there was a decent provider it could work.

And i havent played any aussies outside of 360 h3, but when 1 aussie was in the fame, even offhost, the game lagged.

Internet speeds are irrelevant in lag it all depends on ping, I used to play on 1 down 0.5 up and the only time I lagged (put on redbar) was if someone was downloading. Secondly, I don't understand how a game could lag just because of a random foreign person connecting in 9/10 cases if one person is foreign and the majority of the lobby are local the game will realise this and the foreigner won't get host the game would then run smoothly for 9/10 players unless the host had a bad host which then would affect everyone as all data gets sent to the hosts Xbox, so the closer you are and the better the host the smoother it feels... This is basic stuff

Lrn2sarcasm lol

And h2 pal. And school him in what? The dude clearly knows more about h1 than Sn1py so I don't know why you think you could even get a kill on him.

good god you hang around with a bunch of degenerates 

good god you hang around with a bunch of degenerates

None of my h1 friends were online. I've been trying to play h1 more regardless.

clipped this from the from page article about the MCC White Xbox One Bundle >> "Now that the game is working near perfectly".  Is this really true? Damn I have missed some updates I guess! I thought the bug list was still huge. Anyway, good news I guess!

clipped this from the from page article about the MCC White Xbox One Bundle >> "Now that the game is working near perfectly".  Is this really true? Damn I have missed some updates I guess! I thought the bug list was still huge. Anyway, good news I guess!

To be fair, the bugs left are pretty minor compared to what the game was like at launch.

You can actually find games now, that's infinitely better than when we couldn't find games at all.

None of my h1 friends were online. I've been trying to play h1 more regardless.

you just need to find better friends in general lol, I would go insane if I had to hand around with such arrogant people

To be fair, the bugs left are pretty minor compared to what the game was like at launch.

You can actually find games now, that's infinitely better than when we couldn't find games at all.

Yeah, the game is now normally broken instead of 343-level broken.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Thats clearly not the case, EU to US is 100ms constant or 150ms constant if they are west-coast US, when i ping AUS players from Europe i get pings of 200-350ms jumping ping, thats a huge difference as the lead changes in CE each second unlike on a constant ping

Internet speeds are irrelevant in lag it all depends on ping, I used to play on 1 down 0.5 up and the only time I lagged (put on redbar) was if someone was downloading. Secondly, I don't understand how a game could lag just because of a random foreign person connecting in 9/10 cases if one person is foreign and the majority of the lobby are local the game will realise this and the foreigner won't get host the game would then run smoothly for 9/10 players unless the host had a bad host which then would affect everyone as all data gets sent to the hosts Xbox, so the closer you are and the better the host the smoother it feels... This is basic stuff

Thats not how it works on long distances, you forget lag compensation

You connect as a 300 ping person to a US lobby, every player then gets from the host a penalty to make the game enjoyable and fair for the 300 ping person

Why else do you think your 360 Halo games as an AUS played so butter smooth on 300ms?

Every other player has a huge penalty and experience downgrade

On MCC 343i decides to stop high ping lag compensation by not allowing AUS to play with US and vice versa, which imo is the right way and one of the few good decisions 343i made yet doesnt get much approval

If i think back to 360 Halo, there has been SO MUCH lag randomness in the games, something i havent seen on the MCC yet or maybe only once

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the game had launched in the state it was in 2 updates ago and then 343 had to go about fixing the things its been fixing since then, i don't think anybody would have a problem with that.  The problem is that they took so fucking long to get it acceptable, and it was so broken for so long, that people have this pent up anger and mistrust of 343.  That colors their judgement so the current problems that are really rather normal and not a big deal at all, are perceived to be bigger than they are.

• Upvote (+1) 1