CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Standoff in TS was the worst game type ever except for maybe AR starts on Snowbound. I used to sell people boosts with my cousin and that map was hell if you played people that knew what they were doing. We naded their hog off of the initial spawn got camo rockets and laser in mid those two players just stayed alive and after killing the other teams rockets worked their way on top of the other teams base. The other two people on our team would just circle their base in our hog and the game proceeded to end with the other team putting out single digits kill wise. That entire map was a disaster waiting to happen

yeah the map should have been called "Siege" 

1. just an example.

2. it definitely is in the halo3 playlist.

3. i don't think you know what the word assuming means. I never once assumed anything. Also the 2nd sentence contradicts the 2nd point. Halo 3 is not the option on the left in halo3? Well then I don't know what to tell you. And even if you didn't mean it, it's a mute point. Answer this. Does Standoff ars ever appear on the left and you vote for it? then you are hypocritical in regards to you thinking the other team has a choice.

4. they don't. Now I'm going to throw a ball park number out there and say 20/25 spawns for a team are outside, in the open. You spawn, and you have NO WAY to defend yourself from a warthog gunner. You just have to pray some jank comes your way. Also it's 1 rocket (not on spawn) and it's not like you can run out of your base to get it by contesting brs + hog with the 1 br that spawns in your base. 1 laser no where near a spawn and the team that picks it up can manipulate when it spawns so you don't know when it will. The camo lasts 30seconds and its out in the open. If camo was in the base, that'd be a dif story. Also I'm not entirely sure, but I believe the power drain doesn't spawn if someone has one. So if after the opening rush, you lose and your team does not spawn in your base, the other team can pick it up easy while the gunner takes out spawns. The methods of defense are praying for hail mary sticks because you have no mid-long range option. YEP definitely good options to have.

And points 1-3 you and I made don't matter if we're talking about whether the decision is sociopath-like. It doesn't matter if standoff ars wins/losses the vote because the intent is still there.

edit: oh forgot to mention the hog. Well the hog has a very predictable respawn time and if the other team has any knowledge of the map they'll just instantly blow it up.

Damn all this talk about standoff bringing back bad memories. 8-3 games in team slayer b/c 1 team can't leave the base and won't give up free kills just praying one guy on the other team disconnects. The only kills gained are in the first 30seconds and the last 30seconds of the game. But the team in the base always loses cause rockets + camo + hog > plasma pistol

For the record, a majority of the Standoff spawns are either in a base, or on one of the plateaus that vehicles can't even get to. Both plateaus also have ample cover, so much for not being able to defend yourself. There's also a few spawns directly next to either camo.

I don't know where you're coming up with half the things you say, because they're blatantly wrong. There are two rockets on standoff, one in front of each base and I'm fairly certain they're on 120 second respawns if not 90.

I hadn't even remembered about the power drains, but yeah there's one in each base. That's just one more thing to use. But if I were to take your word for it apparently it's near impossible to kill anything on standoff once you lose the opening rush.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Look, you can defend your decisions all you want just like I can call them out for being shit. I find it odd that you need to vote for a completely unbalanced game type where the other team literally cannot fight back to have fun. Personally, I would not play a game where I need to go to those extremes to have fun. You don't need to defend it, I just thing you need to re-assess your priorities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Standoff in TS was the worst game type ever except for maybe AR starts on Snowbound. I used to sell people boosts with my cousin and that map was hell if you played people that knew what they were doing. We naded their hog off of the initial spawn got camo rockets and laser in mid those two players just stayed alive and after killing the other teams rockets worked their way on top of the other teams base. The other two people on our team would just circle their base in our hog and the game proceeded to end with the other team putting out single digits kill wise. That entire map was a disaster waiting to happen

Yup. This is the strat everyone that knew how to play the map tried to do. shit worked flawlessly when executed correctly. It was terrible.

Wow.... Standoff slander...... I've seen it all. Its far and away the best H3 map this is ridiculous. Loved the whole feast or famine aspect of it. You execute the strat correctly you win, if you dont you lose. There was rarely an inbetween or a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, I accidentally loaded the first page of this thread and skimmed through and saw all these really excited posts and thought we had good news for a change...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man, I accidentally loaded the first page of this thread and skimmed through and saw all these really excited posts and thought we had good news for a change...

Haha I did the same a few days ago, we were so naive to think "what could go wrong?"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lmao. Once again, I don't think it's even good game design. I find AR/SMG starts repulsive, and when epitaph ARs gets voted over lockout I throw a fit. I've already explained that it's silly fun and there's no harm in that, you act like there's five thousand of me that vote for those same reasons. The vast majority of players who vote anything outside of BR starts are doing so because they're ignorant or unskilled. I shouldn't even have to explain this to you.

The bolded statement just baffles me, if its bad game design WHY ARE ON EARTH ARE YOU VOTING FOR IT? like seriously man how can someone hold an opinion that a style of gameplay is bad but still deliberately play it? You could probably sit here and write page after page about AR starts atrocities but you STILL select it! i just, i just , i just ca;lakjsd;lfkjasdw]=p0ouja;alkjas;ldkgjf;lnkasdfg]hioq[oniwer

200.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man... Why are people bashing someone who enjoys playing a certain map with ars with his friends? The reason people pick ARs is because we BR users have our OWN playlists lol. Give them space, or stop playing in that playlist. And if the majority voted for x, well, suck it up.

Maybe I came late (no homo) but thats all im seeing these last few pages

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man... Why are people bashing someone who enjoys playing a certain map with ars with his friends? The reason people pick ARs is because we BR users have our OWN playlists lol. Give them space, or stop playing in that playlist. And if the majority voted for x, well, suck it up.

It's not about about his starting weapon preference, it's about him picking one because it gives him a clear advantage over other players,  not because it provides the gameplay he enjoys or thinks is fair for everyone.

LRlknxa.jpg

The bolded statement just baffles me, if its bad game design WHY ARE ON EARTH ARE YOU VOTING FOR IT? like seriously man how can someone hold an opinion that a style of gameplay is bad but still deliberately play it? You could probably sit here and write page after page about AR starts atrocities but you STILL select it! i just, i just , i just ca;lakjsd;lfkjasdw]=p0ouja;alkjas;ldkgjf;lnkasdfg]hioq[oniwer

200.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

Because the bottom line is that it's fun? I think the hog is a little too strong and standoff games are dependent on them, doesn't mean you can't enjoy the games on it. Causing mayhem with the hog is practically a trademark of Halo.

Look, you can defend your decisions all you want just like I can call them out for being shit. I find it odd that you need to vote for a completely unbalanced game type where the other team literally cannot fight back to have fun. Personally, I would not play a game where I need to go to those extremes to have fun. You don't need to defend it, I just thing you need to re-assess your priorities.

I think he has. I think he will continue to enjoy the game as he has in the past.

You make it sound like the defenseless were unsuspecting dupes. You make it sound like equal starts is exclusively the only type of game that anyone should legally and morally be allowed to experience true entertainment from.

Do you realize how narcissistic that sounds?

• Upvote (+1) 2

You make it sound like equal starts is exclusively the only type of game that anyone should legally and morally be allowed to experience true entertainment from.

I don't think that's what he's saying, I think he feels how I feel....that unless you start with a gun that is effective the fun factor is just not as high...let's forget the competitive aspect all together here....I don't find standoff AR's fun, but Standoff BR's is fun. I don't find it fun getting raped because you can't defend yourself and I don't enjoy beating up on ppl for the same reason. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally got my Xbox setup next to my PC. Just like it's 2005 boys

ihJHDY0.png

could have used a phone app boys

I think he has. I think he will continue to enjoy the game as he has in the past.

You make it sound like the defenseless were unsuspecting dupes. You make it sound like equal starts is exclusively the only type of game that anyone should legally and morally be allowed to experience true entertainment from.

Do you realize how narcissistic that sounds?

Defending AR starts in the name of "fun." How quaint.

If you vote AR starts to have fun, you don't belong on Halo. There, I said it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Defending AR starts in the name of "fun." How quaint.

If you vote AR starts to have fun, you don't belong on Halo. There, I said it.

That was so.... narcissistic of you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

could have used a phone app boys

I did use a phone app when I was in the other room,  gimme some credit here

Point is Im still using a program I wrote when I was 14

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is an absolute tragedy. Turn the game on today to play with my brother, get a game eventually, game crashes while loading. What a pile of horse shit. Still looking forward to Halo 5 though, as long as they tone down the escaping ability. Hope everybody has been enjoying the game for the most part.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, what is going on is that some people are picking gametypes because it pisses the enemy off. Akademik and Bigshow36 are simply pointing out that if you do something because it annoys someone, you are a sociopath and probably a terrible person.

If you love Halo 3 and pick it because you love it, you are perfectly normal.

If you pick Halo 3 because you know other people will be annoyed at it you are a terrible person. 

Simple logic.

That was so.... narcissistic of you.

I think voting a broken gametype because you lack the ability to compete in a fair gametype is more narcissistic than calling out someone for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1