CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm trying to figure out the over/under for the time it's going to take 343i to actually make MCC a proper game that delivers on the promises they made pre launch. 

Some silly part of me still hopes after the game's major UI, party, and MM issues are sorted out that they will do their best to deliver on the "just as you remember it" crap they sold us on. It would be so very nice to see Halo 1 with actual Halo 1 maps and weapon physics.

Over/under is 6 more months. I'll take over.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm trying to figure out the over/under for the time it's going to take 343i to actually make MCC a proper game that delivers on the promises they made pre launch. 

Some silly part of me still hopes after the game's major UI, party, and MM issues are sorted out that they will do their best to deliver on the "just as you remember it" crap they sold us on. It would be so very nice to see Halo 1 with actual Halo 1 maps and weapon physics.

Never. Oh wait I mean coming soon...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we get a Websters dictionary update on the definition of the word 'soon'? I think it's been misused by 343i. Whether intentional or by accident I do not know.

Can we get a Websters dictionary update on the definition of the word 'soon'? I think it's been misused by 343i. Whether intentional or by accident I do not know.

As PR as it can get...

343 uses the geological time frame as a reference.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Additionally, we’re continuing to make adjustments to things like voting options and weighting of each, such as improving the mix of BR-starts in Team Doubles when it returns, adding Halo: CE FFA game types to Rumble Pit, dropping H2A’s player count to 4v4 (the deployment of this change was temporarily put on hold to allow all teams to focus on the upcoming party joinability hotfix) and much more.

Come the fuck on. What about H2C in Rumble Pit?

Oh yeah and I didn't see anything about making FFA 8 people either.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did I mention that I was searching Team Slayer (ranked playlist) out of boredom and two matches in it split one of our party of 3 and put him on the other team?

I would of been upset if it wasn't so laughable.

Can the people who quitted several games for testist purposes confirm if this supposed reputation crap is working?

- Whats the status of your xbox live reputation bar after the quits?

- Your search times increased?

- You kept the rank or lost it?

I remember on my stream like a week after MCC's release I was sitting there and said "What if they never fix it? Just imagine." Now here we are like 6 months later. I wasted over half a grand on this Master Thief Collection cash grab. They lied about everything. Its not just what they did its also how they're doing it. The radio silence, the vague updates, and the sneaky wait a couple days before release to tell us no ranks. They don't care and now they're going to push Halo 5 with their great marketing. Don't fall for the Halo 5 hype. I expect the same exact result from Halo 4. Game will be hyped for Christmas sales then come January the game will start dying.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That literally said fucking nothing of value at all. Jesus h Christ.

When are ranks coming to hardcore??? That is all I fuckig care about.

What do posts like this achieve?

The game is literally dead everywhere, including Australia and America. Flaming the majority of this community's population isn't going to help.

What does it achieve? It outlines how fuckin soft everyone is these days. Americans have always been soft ever since the age of entitlement. Same goes for Halo. I just find it sad that Australian gamers are behaving that way too. We used to be the yellow bar super stars that got on with the game and did our best against the odds. Now we can't even handle NZ or Japanese host? Fuckin sad and soft man.

And to say the game is dead in America is  :beyond:  ignorant.

Come play MCC in Australia and then preach about how 'dead' American Halo is. Would be a good laugh.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I believe they're using this version from their good pals over at Blizzard

Soon: Copyright 2004-2015 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Can we get a Websters dictionary update on the definition of the word 'soon'?...

*in president Clinton's voice*

it depends upon what you mean by soon...

Whoever plays the TS playlist can you PLEASE play the Halo given to you? Of course the gametype might be garbage but YOU ARE RUINING THE PLAYLIST! We are playing ranked matches to get ppl who play Halo...Not just a specific one. If you do not get the Halo/Gametype you like please play it like a man all the way through unless your party gets split up.

Quitting just to preserve rank for the flawed system is a joke. YOU should just play for competitive matches. There's a reason TS has 4/5 of the titles in the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember on my stream like a week after MCC's release I was sitting there and said "What if they never fix it? Just imagine." Now here we are like 6 months later. I wasted over half a grand on this Master Thief Collection cash grab. They lied about everything. Its not just what they did its also how they're doing it. The radio silence, the vague updates, and the sneaky wait a couple days before release to tell us no ranks. They don't care and now they're going to push Halo 5 with their great marketing. Don't fall for the Halo 5 hype. I expect the same exact result from Halo 4. Game will be hyped for Christmas sales then come January the game will start dying.

Same here, I refuse to buy H5 because I have a very strong feeling it will be just like H4, AND they can't even fix MCC. They don't deserve my $60
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1