CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No. You're suppose to half-ass it so these egotistical scrubs can win, so they can brag about how much you suck at halo and how much greater they are than you, your teammates, friends, parents, bf/gf and professionals. If you do perform well and beat them....fuck you for trying.

This new generation is going to have a rude awakening after they get out of their loan enduced worthless liberal arts degree college experience coma and find out that they don't get awards for just showing up like they did in their yuppie soccer league growing up. I taught my second college course this spring and college students do not give a baker's fuck now. The real world doesn't operate like 343i approaches gamers..so at least there's that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nah man. Halo merging with CoD would be SICKKKKKK(!) Lmao, posts like his are exactly why I stay away from Waypoint :') The dude actually says he's not trolling. I really wonder what goes through their minds....

I think he's actually trying to make a point about how similar the 2 games are becoming. I was about to log on to Waypoint to make a comment about how what he's looking for came out in November 2012, but after reading his posts I think he's legit lol.

This new generation is going to have a rude awakening after they get out of their loan enduced worthless liberal arts degree college experience coma and find out that they don't get awards for just showing up like they did in their yuppie soccer league growing up.

This is getting deep.

Nah man. Halo merging with CoD would be SICKKKKKK(!) Lmao, posts like his are exactly why I stay away from Waypoint :') The dude actually says he's not trolling. I really wonder what goes through their minds....

What do you get when you cross CoD with halo?

Black hole.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when are we getting ranked hardcore, and H3 MLG settings?

I would prefer just a ranked hardcore, then if they want, they can  add an h3 mlg playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When are we getting a 'search quickest option'?

They denied us 'Skill' 'Good connection' and 'Language' and now they have taken away the quickest search. Can you please just let me play against Americans if I want to 343? It's hard to learn how to play HCS when you can't get games in it.

Is Zyos' gamertag "Zyos AP"?  Because I'm pretty sure I matched him tonight while I was searching with @.  We gave him a pretty freaking close game, but he pulled it out.  He is...very good.  I felt good that I was mentally keeping up with him, predicting what he'd try, and even being a step ahead of him several times.  Anyone that says Rat Race is boring just isn't playing the right people on it.  That game was intense.

Is Zyos' gamertag "Zyos AP"?  Because I'm pretty sure I matched him tonight while I was searching with @.  We gave him a pretty freaking close game, but he pulled it out.  He is...very good.  I felt good that I was mentally keeping up with him, predicting what he'd try, and even being a step ahead of him several times.  Anyone that says Rat Race is boring just isn't playing the right people on it.  That game was intense.

Nah, it's Zyos5711

• Upvote (+1) 1

This new generation is going to have a rude awakening after they get out of their loan enduced worthless liberal arts degree college experience coma and find out that they don't get awards for just showing up like they did in their yuppie soccer league growing up. I taught my second college course this spring and college students do not give a baker's fuck now. The real world doesn't operate like 343i approaches gamers..so at least there's that.

I love this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

college students do not give a baker's fuck now.

Maybe because they've been seeing all of their friends and graduates not getting any worthwhile jobs, despite their degrees and effort (not talking about liberal art degrees either). The motivation for all college students is an all-time low and it has to do with the economy more-so than them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stumbled upon this on Waypoint. A post by one of the Moderators. Kinda left me feeling speechless.

Link > https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mods-deleting-threads-regarding-bugs-in-this-game/dbf02555-2d57-44b4-8a7a-5250022dc323/posts

Nothing but respect to that mod.  Its a sad thing to see Halo in the place it is, and in the hands that are supposed to be its champion.

I really hope that Microsoft finds a new dev for H6, because it would be the only thing to make me come back and spend any more money on Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Nothing but respect to that mod.  Its a sad thing to see Halo in the place it is, and in the hands that are supposed to be its champion.

I really hope that Microsoft finds a new dev for H6, because it would be the only thing to make me come back and spend any more money on Halo.

A new Dev woulnd't cange anything...sure big PR but in the end it comes down to the people calling the shots and their philosophy...

If this philosophy doesn't change, they can create one new studio after an other and the result wouldn't change!

A new Dev woulnd't cange anything...sure big PR but in the end it comes down to the people calling the shots and their philosophy...

If this philosophy doesn't change, they can create one new studio after an other and the result wouldn't change!

Oh I 100% agree - but a new dev is a new team, new team is new ideas/vision, and really there is only one direction to go at this point - UP!

But you are right, its just sad because I cannot morally give 343 anymore of my money at this point.

Oh I 100% agree - but a new dev is a new team, new team is new ideas/vision, and really there is only one direction to go at this point - UP!

But you are right, its just sad because I cannot morally give 343 anymore of my money at this point.

Well but where do we take enough devs for a full new game? I'd guess a lot would transfer directly from 343 to a new studio (MS can't just fire all of their staff)

And we don't know whos ideas/visions we're "fighting"! Is it really 343 or is MS giving them regulations?

If it's MS, than creating an other hundret new studios wouldn't solve the problem.

With "regulations" I'm not just talking about direct influence on the decisions but also indirectly stuff like "We know lead designer XY likes certain elements, so if we hire him, he will implement them into the next Halo"

Though I can see the point of your moral debate!

Well but where do we take enough devs for a full new game? I'd guess a lot would transfer directly from 343 to a new studio (MS can't just fire all of their staff)

And we don't know whos ideas/visions we're "fighting"! Is it really 343 or is MS giving them regulations?

If it's MS, than creating an other hundret new studios wouldn't solve the problem.

With "regulations" I'm not just talking about direct influence on the decisions but also indirectly stuff like "We know lead designer XY likes certain elements, so if we hire him, he will implement them into the next Halo"

Even if I were to concede on it being perhaps the "vision of Microsoft" -- 343 still has lost credibility in their consumers.  In the miltiary when your big bosses lose confidence in your ability to do your job, you get replaced & fired.

When are we getting a 'search quickest option'?

They denied us 'Skill' 'Good connection' and 'Language' and now they have taken away the quickest search. Can you please just let me play against Americans if I want to 343? It's hard to learn how to play HCS when you can't get games in it.

I've found games in it, try searching during the day I must have been playing on the NA server as it wasn't that bad connection wise. But yes, 343 needs to broaden the search restrictions

Don't disolve 343, just have them work on another project that isn't Halo while a new dev team handles the Halo series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

just matched up with a guy unfamiliar with how H1 plays. He grabbed camo at the start, so I told him to switch to his pistol and grab rockets. Told him how to quick camo and after doing it he said "wow...that is cool"

eddielong31.jpg

baby steps

• Upvote (+1) 6