CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No it is not, not for standing in a lawsuit against a video game company. Also, a court recently ruled that a companies talk about their game is just "corporate confidence" , it would be the same .

Then there no longer remains any consumer confidence apart from past demonstration of good faith. And 343 hasn't any.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you even have to prove loss? Aren't there consumer protection laws for things like misleading advertising/labeling and defective products?

You have to prove loss in order to provide standing, basically to keep you from suing someone you don't have business suing.

Yes there are misleading advertisements. For example , activia was sued for saying they are clinically and scientifically proven to be better than the competition, but was found false. However, with the game, also with battlefield 4(who had a ton of problems, and more than McC) a court found that their comments were only puffery and corporate confidence.

And the only reason they could bring a lawsuit against EA was due to them believing ea puffery and investing in stock which then dropped significantly after release

Then there no longer remains any consumer confidence apart from past demonstration of good faith. And 343 hasn't any.

I'm confused what you're trying to argue here?

I'm confused what you're trying to argue here?

If what you say is true (and I believe you) then the only confidence a consumer can have when purchasing a video game is the publishers track record. You are saying there is no legal recourse to boost consumer confidence any longer.

I wasn't trying to argue anything. Just drawing a conclusion.

If what you say is true (and I believe you) then the only confidence a consumer can have when purchasing a video game is the publishers track record. You are saying there is no legal recourse to boost consumer confidence any longer.

I wasn't trying to argue anything. Just drawing a conclusion.

Uhh... Reviews?

Noticed this to, no-one is quitting recently for me.

Let me know if the population recovers and you can play in more than one playlist.  I might have to dive back in.

Let me know if the population recovers and you can play in more than one playlist.  I might have to dive back in.

Don't make me laugh. Bitterly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uhh... Reviews?

In the context of the discussion, I thought it was clear I was referring to buying the game in the midnight line. My conclusion was pretty obvious that reviews would be the backup for consumer confidence, yes?

I had no idea that consumers were so out in the cold on this sort of thing. I said that M$ saw what happened to BF and took notes. I had no idea how true that was. This makes very clear why they were so confident in their plans.

Just so sad.....

@@Batchford and I have been playing a lot lately. I always wanna play CE, but I need more people to play with lol. I refuse to go in alone now. Not sure when you're usually online, but I'd love to play again soon!  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHY.... WHY DO PEOPLE GET THE MAP THEY VOTED FOR AND STILL DUCKING QUIT? Idk how you guys do it, ranks are seemingly useless considering every game is a landslide or a carrying shit show

This is my only gripe right when playing the h1 playlist (outside of wizard and rat race popping up too much)....I just want good games, every game. It's not fun when ppl quit after a couple kills or playing against ppl who can't get more than 15 kills combined...on any map.

This is my only gripe right when playing the h1 playlist (outside of wizard and rat race popping up too much)....I just want good games, every game. It's not fun when ppl quit after a couple kills or playing against ppl who can't get more than 15 kills combined...on any map.

Well if there were more than 12 people in the lobby to play against, you might find a better selection of skill to play against....

(prove me wrong on the numbers, I dare you!)

@@Batchford and I have been playing a lot lately. I always wanna play CE, but I need more people to play with lol. I refuse to go in alone now. Not sure when you're usually online, but I'd love to play again soon!  :goat:

I play on the weekends a lot.  This week will be pretty busy for me, so I doubt I'll play much on weeknights.  And if I did it'd be crazy late for east coast.  But I might try to do this Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

How many 343 employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Trick question, it has to go through certification first.

None. They would outsource it to another company.

• Upvote (+1) 2

However, with the game, also with battlefield 4(who had a ton of problems, and more than McC) a court found that their comments were only puffery and corporate confidence.

I find it hard to believe that words like "will contain" and "EXACTLY" could just be shrugged off as "we thought we could at the time".

Three games in a row I get betrayed for sniper and then for a flag cap. Really!? A flag cap.... Why is friendly fire on in the unranked playlists?

Because it allows you to be careless as hell when firing weapons and throwing grenades near team mates when disabled. Halo 4 was the first title to add it and it's not going to be there in the next one because people hated it.

if i'm not playing with a partner and you see me on inv me. I'm down to play any time i'm free. Good games the other night.

In the context of the discussion, I thought it was clear I was referring to buying the game in the midnight line. My conclusion was pretty obvious that reviews would be the backup for consumer confidence, yes?

I had no idea that consumers were so out in the cold on this sort of thing. I said that M$ saw what happened to BF and took notes. I had no idea how true that was. This makes very clear why they were so confident in their plans.

Just so sad.....

There were reviews before release. And if they don't allow every reputable reviewer look at it then you know something is up.

You won't beat Microsofts lawyers on this one. It didn't cause enough hardship for most people for a class action lawsuit. You might be able to file false advertising and get something but most cases were for products that touted health benefits and such. I dunno how far a video game complaint would get.

Anyone still playing ranked? How high have you gotten?

HCS, level 9...quite the journey going in alone.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please quote this post or PM me so I can gauge interest.  

Dude you know I'm in for this!

Team slayer level 12 wsup

Kinda scared to keep going cause of a potential reset

Lost every h3 game, won every h2 game, h1 has been a toss up but I suck at that too

25 in TS got that in 3 long sessions every game was a party except for 1 that was it.