CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

looking for 3 to win votes on TS (H1 or H2 when reasonable)

LMFAO....this is what it's come to for us. Who the hell thought a palylist with different halo games, being ranked...would work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

looking for 3 to win votes on TS (H1 or H2 when reasonable)

(Standoff ARs just won over Midship BRs and Hang Em High)

When people vote for AR/SMG starts over BR/H1 Pistol starts, I literally try and break the game for them. Control all BRs from the start and control all power weapons after that. I know it's a bit harsh, but hopefully people learn how terrible AR starts are.

People who suck with BRs and vote for AR starts fail to realize that good people will always find BRs on the map. They think that if they vote ARs, it will be ARs vs. ARs the whole game. But in reality, it's going to be BR vs AR if you're facing good people. They just made it 20x harder on themselves and they don't even realize it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm at 20 matching people around the same rank, not just rank but parties as well, i matched missingno, hard way i believe, akademik and some friends searching too. Been pretty good for me, this is all in TS. I've seen people with low ranks (3-4) complaining in the 5v5 playlist because they are getting matched with 50s, that playlist shit tho so whatever.

My guess is the 50s getting matched with 3s got their 50s by quitting a bunch of games, so their hidden rank is still very low.

Xbox One still doesn't have this either 1 and a half years after the console came out...

Untitled.png

Funny I was just talking about that the other day... tons of people have asked for the feature months ago, Microsoft is just sitting there rolling out updates for useless stuff. Most frustrating lack of a feature on Xbox One, seconded by the inability to play music without taking up 20% of the screen.

It's also REALLY bad for streams too because most of the time, people can't hear others talk.

• Upvote (+1) 7

LMFAO....this is what it's come to for us. Who the hell thought a palylist with different halo games, being ranked...would work?

the same guys who made HCE 3v3 to "improve search times" and waited 5 months to give us team doubles, just to take it off two weeks in

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funny I was just talking about that the other day... tons of people have asked for the feature months ago, Microsoft is just sitting there rolling out updates for useless stuff. Most frustrating lack of a feature on Xbox One, seconded by the inability to play music without taking up 20% of the screen.

https://twitter.com/Vetoed/status/590190331179757568

background music is coming with or after the windows 10 update later this year.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully we hear more on this at the Build conference coming up. 

Perfect_Dark_Zero_Coverart.png

In regards to popularity, PD is a niche game compared to Halo. But yeah, similar situation.

Not to give it any credit, at least PDZ's problems were in asthetics/gameplay rather than serious bugs...

Hopefully we hear more on this at the Build conference coming up.

There's not much to say really. Microsoft will allow app developers to have background music once they release the Windows 10 API or something like that.

Of course, gotta wait for windows 10 to update the Xbox... and it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't even do the thing where it muted in-game music to play your music like on 360.

Next they'll ask me to get a phone to play Halo!

Oh wait...

I like og H3 but I don't understand how it's winning votes over H2 BRs and H1 when the AIMING, the most basic function of a FPS, is not working properly

I just steaked someone on Team BR's Citadel, and he was so mad that the next game he was on my team, he followed and shot me for the whole game. What are these people lol.

H3 is not THAT bad. I honestly think a lot of you hate on any and everything just to hate on something. My most played playlist is Team Hardcore followed closely by CE but give me a break, Halo 3 is not as bad you guys make it seem. Come on.

I'll play BR Start anything H3 over, anything Halo 2 SMG/Plasma Rifle start. The problem isn't really H3, it's the shitty choices you get like you get BR start, but Assembly, Epitaph, or Snowbound... Like I don't mind those maps coming up every once in a while but BR starts on Heretic, Pit, Narrows, Construct, shit I'll even throw isolation in that list rarely ever come up it makes it stupid to play. Not to mention when you get AR starts on that first lists of maps!! >=|

I like H3 but I honestly think they need to add a SEPARATE hardcore playlist for it. There's a time and a place for me to play hardcore H3 and I don't wanna have it in one of the only playlist I can tolerate.

Seriously. Halo 3 has such a high skill ceiling for pure gunplay compared to any other halo. Halo 3 BR/Snipe is definitely the most difficult and rewarding.
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Seriously. Halo 3 has such a high skill ceiling for pure gunplay compared to any other halo. Halo 3 BR/Snipe is definitely the most difficult and rewarding.

THISGONBGUD.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

CE Pistol > H3 BR

CE Sniper vs H3 Sniper is debatable, but CE had smaller head hit-boxes and was much harder to no-scope in. 

CE Pistol > H3 BR

CE Sniper vs H3 Sniper is debatable, but CE had smaller head hit-boxes and was much harder to no-scope in.

I've never found the CE sniper hard to use, maybe I'm some freak of nature :p I know it's projectile but the way it acts (to me) it feels like it might as well be hitscan. I know someone is gonna see this and feel the need to correct me but this is just my perception. The pistol obviously has a high learning curve, but I just feel like aiming altogether in CE isnt as difficult as it is in H3. I honestly think CE would benefit from some weird aim acceleration and the H3 sniper for the sake of a skill gap...And I know how bad that sounds wishing for grid aiming lol. It's not until I play something like H2A/ H4 that I realize the benefits of the wonky aiming. If the H3 BR had spread like the H2 BR it would be an incredible game.

I'm pretty sure it has less bullet mag than H1 as well.

On MCC & Halo PC, yes. Try it on OG Xbox. 

It's been so long since I've played I honestly don't remember! 

Update: @@Missingno you made a guy delete MCC from xbox lmao.

Do you mean from voting SMG?  Please relay my message to your friend...."boys will be boys."  

If it was because I voted SMG, I can tell you exactly what happened...I assure you it's not because I like SMG start, it's because my party did not like H3.  You see, 343 put ranks in Team Slayer, which is a multi game playlist.  Then they put H1 LAST in the order.  Meaning H1 has the worst chance of being voted.  Normally I would just play the H1 playlist, if I played MCC at all.  Well today my team of 4 went in to see these new ranks, HOW FUN!  All 4 of us decided, after playing H3 more than H1 or H2 - that was it, we were done.  SMG or not, if we couldn't win an H1 vote, we were going all H2.  Turns out SMG start is still the stupidest thing that's ever happened in any game and after we got some BR's and swords and other dumb H2 things - well, things just got a little 2 E Z.  This is how things work when there is a vote, H1 is last of the three, and there are maps like Standoff.  I don't mind playing H3 here and there but after 6 or 7 AR start H3 games in Last Resort and Standoff, enough was enough.  BR start or not.  

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can anyone confirm if the quit penalties are indeed not working? Is getting a 50 really easy? I'm still in the process of moving so I haven't played.

Do you mean from voting SMG?  Please relay my message to your friend...."boys will be boys."  

If it was because I voted SMG, I can tell you exactly what happened...I assure you it's not because I like SMG start, it's because my party did not like H3.  You see, 343 put ranks in Team Slayer, which is a multi game playlist.  Then they put H1 LAST in the order.  Meaning H1 has the worst chance of being voted.  Normally I would just play the H1 playlist, if I played MCC at all.  Well today my team of 4 went in to see these new ranks, HOW FUN!  All 4 of us decided, after playing H3 more than H1 or H2 - that was it, we were done.  SMG or not, if we couldn't win an H1 vote, we were going all H2.  Turns out SMG start is still the stupidest thing that's ever happened in any game and after we got some BR's and swords and other dumb H2 things - well, things just got a little 2 E Z.  This is how things work when there is a vote, H1 is last of the three, and there are maps like Standoff.  I don't mind playing H3 here and there but after 6 or 7 AR start H3 games in Last Resort and Standoff, enough was enough.  BR start or not.  

Normally we just wait to see if the other team split their votes at all. Then snipe the option we like best by all voting with a second left.