CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This is the kind of corporate culture we're dealing with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwt1Dc2XD6Q#t=15m36s

No, a video game isn't anywhere near as big a deal as car safety. But it's the same kind of single-minded, bean-counting, lawyer-hoarding, money first/product last company manangement nonetheless.

Betcha they were really kicking themselves when they found out that the RROD defect was just a wee bit too widespread to sweep under the rug...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

I want to play Halo 1 and 2 online. A lot.

Anyone else having issues finding games? I've been searching for players in the HCS playlist and can't find anyone. Had no issues last night..

Bungie is god-like with their networking though.

I HATED Reach, but I had to give it props for having such amazing netcode. Maybe other people had different experiences, but mine was always near flawless on a decent host.

I always thought that Bungie should go into business creating netcode for other games. There are just so many games that are barely even playable because of their netcode; looking right at you Bioshock 2. Whenever a new game comes out that has multiplayer and people start to get hype about it my first thought is always "does it have good netcode? Because bad netcode can ruin this entire game".

BTW, Halo 5 is only five months away. There is no way they will support the MCC up until the launch of Halo 5. So I'm guessing we have about 2-3 more patches before they throw in the towel. About a month or two before Halo 5, 343 will go into full hype machine for Halo 5. If they released a patch for the MCC and it had issues, game magazines might write about it and it might affect sales.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This latest patch made it apparent that MCC will NEVER be fixed. 343 can't even change H2A to 4vs4 without breaking the games code.

tried playing today after a few weeks off, thought it would feel amazing after the layoff and with the new patch... but it felt relly meh tbh I didn't have much fun, I've been enjoying Quake Live way more even though the population is even lower than on MCC... anyway, I just hope they fix the game completely with proper playlists and ranks, even if it take them another 6 months

My god 343 please get rid of the voting option and make it what you see is what you get along with the "matched player" screen instead of their gamertag. I would feel much better playing a halo/map given than people voting for the shittiest gametype possible. Make it randomized. It's a joke that H1 is always third on the list on TS RANKED. RANDOMIZE IT WITHOUT VOTING.

Still waiting on those emblems to show in game on H2/H3 as well lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tried to jump into Team Slayer with a party of 4... A couple games went okay, and then the nightmares returned. Getting half of our party on the other team, starting games with half the players available, and of course the spawns in every game being wacky all to hell. I was hoping this game would return some of the normalcy that I remembered, but this patch is just buying them time until Halo 5 comes out, as simple as that. 

GG's 343

Edit: By the way, how is joining a custom game still not fixed? How is that even remotely possible? Just typing this all out is starting to frustrate me. Gonna snuggle the bottle of Jack Daniel's tight tonight. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tried to jump into Team Slayer with a party of 4... A couple games went okay, and then the nightmares returned. Getting half of our party on the other team, starting games with half the players available.

LOL team got split up my last game on ranked earlier and ppls games crashed earlier making it 2v3 etc. ALLLLLLSOOOOO the H2C SHOT REG PATCH JUST WENT BACK TO SHITTIER VERSION so theres that.  HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO JUST MAKE A GAME THE SAME AS IT USED TO BE AT A HIGHER RESOLUTION AND FRAME RATE??????????????  HOW LAZY DOES ONE HAVE TO BE TO PUT A PC VERSION THAT WAS A SHITTY RIPOFF OF XBOX VERSION BACK ONTO AN XBOX VERSION BUT WASN'T THE ORIGINAL XBOX VERSION????? HOW LOW IS THEIR BUDGET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? JUST TO DO THAT?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am so sick of H2.  I know most of you idiots obsess over that stupid game but it is so damn bad.  It alone ruins the Ranked Slayer playlist...Well that and Team Slayer in general.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

LOL team got split up my last game on ranked earlier and ppls games crashed earlier making it 2v3 etc. ALLLLLLSOOOOO the H2C SHOT REG PATCH JUST WENT BACK TO SHITTIER VERSION so theres that.  HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO JUST MAKE A GAME THE SAME AS IT USED TO BE AT A HIGHER RESOLUTION AND FRAME RATE??????????????  HOW LAZY DOES ONE HAVE TO BE TO PUT A PC VERSION THAT WAS A SHITTY RIPOFF OF XBOX VERSION BACK ONTO AN XBOX VERSION BUT WASN'T THE ORIGINAL XBOX VERSION????? HOW LOW IS THEIR BUDGET??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? JUST TO DO THAT?

Now THAT'S the kind of rage we need to see!!!!! B) B) B)

I am so sick of H2.  I know most of you idiots obsess over that stupid game but it is so damn bad.  It alone ruins the Ranked Slayer playlist...Well that and Team Slayer in general.

Well compared to assembly AR's its a Godsend lol. the only thing on H2C TS that annoys me is regular ts midship. (and the ppl i play with i say h3 brs over it, but they never play h3 lol.) You start with plasma rifles so u can basically run around the map with a shotgun and rape.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

Because the H1 playlist is incredibly fun, and then BTB / TS aren't bad ... I'm able to play with parties, etc.  Though it's not ideal in some ways, I still have a ton of fun playing MCC

I am so sick of H2. I know most of you idiots obsess over that stupid game but it is so damn bad. It alone ruins the Ranked Slayer playlist...Well that and Team Slayer in general.

You're so fucking terrible at h2 kid.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some people still amaze me. Enemy arming the bomb while my teammate is in the warthog gunner by himself literally ten feet away from them just looking around.

Not many issues tonight except bad gametypes being chosen over and over. Oh, and the quitting is still ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 standoff just got voted for me with six votes over midship Brs and my vote for midship was the only one. I'm so done lol.

Yes matchmaking is crawling with Halo 3 kids. They ruin any playlist that has Halo 3 in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This just in. New patch 6 months in to AAA Halo game by 343i brings games lobby and party stability back to near launch-level broken status. A working game is not expected from the company before they release their next product to the public later this year.

That is old news....

Some people still amaze me. Enemy arming the bomb while my teammate is in the warthog gunner by himself literally ten feet away from them just looking around.

Not many issues tonight except bad gametypes being chosen over and over. Oh, and the quitting is still ridiculous.

The amount of thumbless players alone is insane. Haven't had a game yet where at least one teammate doesn't go around 1-15.

Sounds like you had a spree of 5 SMG start games in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well compared to assembly AR's its a Godsend lol. the only thing on H2C TS that annoys me is regular ts midship. (and the ppl i play with i say h3 brs over it, but they never play h3 lol.) You start with plasma rifles so u can basically run around the map with a shotgun and rape.

at least bungie got it right by switching it to human weapons on map, same with beaver creek which is noob combo city with map default.