CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to go down ranks? I've lost multiple games in a row quite a few times now and have yet to go down.

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to go down ranks? I've lost multiple games in a row quite a few times now and have yet to go down.

im not sure but I know I did rank down from 3 to 2 in HCS after losing two. Then won one game and got back to 3 then lost 3 in a row and still havnt ranked down. It's weird.

im not sure but I know I did rank down from 3 to 2 in HCS after losing two. Then won one game and got back to 3 then lost 3 in a row and still havnt ranked down. It's weird.

Do you know if the players you did not rank down against were lower than you?  I doubt it if you are in the 1-3 range, but it might explain it.

I see there are two possibilities and only one probability.

possibility #1 - the ranking system is so fantastical-sophisticatedly-cool that we just can't wrap our brains around what to expect.

possibility #2 - it's broken, like all the rest of MCC.

I don't need to tell you which of those two I think is the only probable explanation.

I know that the early levels in H2 were pretty hard to lose, and as you rank up they get a lot easier to lose and a lot harder to gain.  They said a while back that they were using a carbon copy of H2's ranks in MCC.  Hopefully that's what they ended up doing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What ranks has everyone managed to get to?

It's actually quite slow leveling up. I just played over 9 hours straight with almost zero issue or delays for games in HCS. Over 30* games played for sure, only 3 loses, and i'm only level 16... Got them "Green horns"  :halo:

I've had a great day of gaming for ranks. Other then 1 time having trouble getting someone in my party for a few attempts, it's been GG's all day.

Ranks mean nothing if quitting doesn't earn you a loss.

Quitting does earn a loss with the latest patch.

Yeah, I'm convinced that the only way to win games right now is to have a team of four. I keep getting teammates like HaloSpartanLoreFan69 on my team while the other team is full of actual HCS competitors that are in the same party.

Sorry, I was distracted in that game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Quitting does earn a loss with the latest patch.

Wrong. Quit out 20+ games in a row, your rank will stay at the same level. Win 1 gane after that and you go up. Quitting makes it so the game never happened and it doesn't even effect reputation.

Do you just say quitting earns you a lose because 343 said so? You actually will believe what they say without testing it out yourself lol?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Wrong. Quit out 20+ games in a row, your rank will stay at the same level. Win 1 gane after that and you go up. Quitting makes it so the game never happened and it doesn't even effect reputation.

Well, you're wrong as well. I was at a lvl 3 and I quit 1 match after a teammate quit and went down to a 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you just say quitting earns you a lose because 343 said so? You actually will believe what they say without testing it out yourself lol?

Wouldn't know sorry, I've never quit 20 games in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Reset".. right.

I started on rank 7 in Team Slayer. My friend started on rank 5. Weird.

You were still a Level 7 after that tweet?

Yep. I started on level 7 in Team Slayer. My friend started on level 5. We were both level 1 in the other two ranked playlists.

Strange considering I havent played Team Slayer a lot, and the few games I had in the playlists was when the playlist wasnt ranked. Very weird indeed.

What ranks has everyone managed to get to?

It's actually quite slow leveling up. I just played over 9 hours straight with almost zero issue or delays for games in HCS. Over 30* games played for sure, only 3 loses, and i'm only level 16... Got them "Green horns" :halo:

I've had a great day of gaming for ranks. Other then 1 time having trouble getting someone in my party for a few attempts, it's been GG's all day.

Don't know if you're surprised by this or not buy that is how Halo 2 worked... Very few people will be getting 50s if the system was done the right way...

Can't stand hearing everyone saying how they're all going to get their 50 like Halo 3.

Man, just had a 3v4 against a guy with god connection (cross map 4-shotting on Lockout). Not pleasant.

Anyone else still getting a lot of delayed grenades and rockets in the CE playlist?

This started happening to me nearly every game after the the patch before this one.

Heh. Just had a game against a party of 4. ended 50 - 9 in 3 minutes.

Matchmaking pls.

so H3 aiming works now?! (inb4 h3 never worked joke)

It feels much better, IDK if its the fact that I havent gotten to play a working version of H3 in 5 months now but it still doesnt feel 100% of the way its supposed to. Call it like 90

Playing in full parties is the only option for ranked, and once again we have to go out of our way to put a band aid over 343s foul ups. I'm sure once you hit like 18 or so you're only going to match parties cause by then everyone will be wise to whats going on and searching alone will be an absolute no-go

Man, just had a 3v4 against a guy with god connection (cross map 4-shotting on Lockout). Not pleasant.

Have we figured out yet how to tell if a match is on a dedicated server or not?

Your bullets register on one.

:salt:

One way to know is if the match ends when a person quits(the host).

Something I want to know: if the host quits while the host's team is winning, does the match count as a win for the host's teammates?