CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I want to see just a couple minutes of gameplay from a first person view in amazing qaulity. Like the demo didnt show too much but maybe we might see a new map =]

NEW MAP???

RTX still has tickets available, maybe I should go down since PAX Prime shafted me out of tickets this year.

T2 would be banking so hard if he charged like $10 a lesson for an hour. Fill up a lobby then keep doing it for 5 or so hours

I did not steal this idea from ct btw

I wonder if its possible to make an algorithm that dects modded controllers, to detect if too many perfect quad shots are being fired....

9zqbo2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's almost a necessity.  Control schemes are so different between games that it would be annoying to have to try to remember which is which if you're switching from game to game.

everytime i get on halo2 i blb instead of bxb. needless to say I look like a fool, unless it's midship because sometimes I get the stick lololol.

and if i play h2 too long i bxb on halo1

Playing a little H2 and H1 if anyone wants to join up.

Fixed that for you.

But in seriousness, are you playing because you're hosting a lobby? Cuz Match Making is kinda lacking in good stuff.

I wonder if its possible to make an algorithm that dects modded controllers, to detect if too many perfect quad shots are being fired....

If you actually amassed some data of button presses vs timestamp, you could use machine learning to discern when there was too little standard deviation between instances of the RRX combination. That'd be kind of cool..

1bc5bf190f05c04f73717022089e92f8.png

:frankerz:

His raaaaaaaaaaaape'n Halo 2 money must be running dry.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fixed that for you.

But in seriousness, are you playing because you're hosting a lobby? Cuz Match Making is kinda lacking in good stuff.

No, just dicking around and seeing how fast ranks go up. Didn't play much when the ranks were active.

Original stuff for original MP. It's the same exact Halo 2, just with up-res, 60 fps, dedicated servers, and different UI/control interface possibly.

Is that confirmed? I was under the impression that all the maps are getting the "Anniversary treatment" while 6 of the maps are being "re-imagined" on a new engine. The 6 maps are definitely being built on a new engine btw, they said for those 6 maps they are basically having to code in the glitches to try and keep it as similar to Halo 2 as possible. 

Is that confirmed? I was under the impression that all the maps are getting the "Anniversary treatment" while 6 of the maps are being "re-imagined" on a new engine. The 6 maps are definitely being built on a new engine btw, they said for those 6 maps they are basically having to code in the glitches to try and keep it as similar to Halo 2 as possible. 

The Anniversary treatment IS the re-imagination on a new engine, and those are only 6 maps. That will be the Halo 2 Anniversary section of MCC.

Then there is Halo 2 exactly how we remember it, with all the maps, 1080p 60 fps on the old Halo 2 engine.

No, I can honestly tell you from the video shown at E3 that the game will feel completely different from H2. 

That engine was a modified Halo 4 engine, it's just a placeholder. The new engine for H2A is supposed to be very similar to the original H2 engine. Take that E3 H2A multiplayer gameplay video as a grain of salt.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That engine was a modified Halo 4 engine, it's just a placeholder. The new engine for H2A is supposed to be very similar to the original H2 engine. Take that E3 H2A multiplayer gameplay video as a grain of salt.

I will believe it when I see it, I dont see why they wouldnt have used the new engine if the game is only 5 months away from release, why use 4's?

• Downvote (-1) 6

It was obviously a modified version of H4s engine, which was a modified version of Reach's engine, etc. It probably plays nothing like H4 (no sprint, descope, etc). I don't think some of you guys know how this stuff works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, I can honestly tell you from the video shown at E3 that the game will feel completely different from H2. 

Its gonna be Halo 2 with better graphics. The gameplay will be almost the same as H2 without button glitches.

I'm surprised you care because i thought you only liked h1 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

9zqbo2.jpg

Holy shit yes! I may be alone here but Walshy was one of my favorite knowledgeable Halo casters  :walshy:

Ah helllllll no w/ that update. Can they at least give us a MCC or H5 ViDoc?

They have a panel on the 5th at 12 CST.

Rooster Teeth usually has it setup to where every room with panels or events has it's own personal stream so we'll most likely see it live.