CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

First time ever we get an update on ranks and people are already lag switching. It feels like beating a dying horse on life support and watching helplessly. Cruel. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It stays at 2% for a long time, then it'll finally start going a lot quicker.

My theory is that whoever programmed the progress bar messed up. They set the progress by files downloaded instead of total size. So it downloads one small file and then a huge one, which is why the percentage seems to jump around.

So the update notes don't say that it will match by rank. If rank is still just a number and doesn't match you up, what is the point? Pretty sure we were promised the Halo 2 ranking system, with it matching you with similarly ranked players and everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are any Australian guys getting games in playlists other than Team Slayer post patch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope you're right man. If so then I'll definitely start hosting customs again.

Go watch good players off host xbc montages. They just aim and swipe a bit because the game gives you a bit more of a break offhost.

Just the last patch gave offhost way too much of a break.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go watch good players off host xbc montages. They just aim and swipe a bit because the game gives you a bit more of a break offhost.

Just the last patch gave offhost way too much of a break.

Right and its still like that from what I've played. Off host feels entirely too easy still. I get 3 shot by guests quite often which makes me laugh everytime, And no these aren't two-boxing veterans. Talking about Horselover459(1)

I remember never being able to do the S1 to S3 jump on guardian after probably thousands of attempts lol.

Good times.

This update did a lot of good however it fucked up parties, one person would searching when the leader backed out one guy would still be in the lobby while were searching, games crashing like day one etc etc.  The update did fix a lot of in game stuff but as for parties they were fucking up quite a bit.  I hope there on top of this about this update in the next couple of days instead of waiting another 2 months to fix what they rebroke.

So I played about 4 games tonight and two of them were 50-49 (won both obvi). Good sign or coincidence? Also in one of the games I 7 shotted an afk. Literally looked away and had to do a double take 3 times. Is H2A ever that shitty for anyone else hit reg wise?

Hit reg was horrible tonight in h2a

But all the games I played were close and only saw a couple quitters........making progress

I'm not sure I'm following this whole, off host was always more forgiving thing. You either lead more off host or less on host.

You swipe shots because you need to get to a spot in front of their head, but the reticle magnetism slows your aimer down. In order to get the right placement in time you have to aim quickly.

How does one shoot less precisely while leading more? Is there a giant hitbox that allows you to shoot anywhere you want as long as it's not directly at them? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure I'm following this whole, off host was always more forgiving thing. You either lead more off host or less on host.

You swipe shots because you need to get to a spot in front of their head, but the reticle magnetism slows your aimer down. In order to get the right placement in time you have to aim quickly.

You don't even have to have your reticle on their head for h2c sniping. Go on YouTube and look up h2c swipe sniping, there's plenty of examples of what I'm talking about. You can be waaaay off and the game will give it to you, makes swiping really effective.

You don't even have to have your reticle on their head for h2c sniping. Go on YouTube and look up h2c swipe sniping, there's plenty of examples of what I'm talking about. You can be waaaay off and the game will give it to you, makes swiping really effective.

sorry, talking about halo 1. halo 2 it makes sense because it was designed for online and they probably built things in to assist off host players. in halo 1 I'd be surprised if they even knew that host would be noticeable on lan

• Upvote (+1) 1

sorry, talking about halo 1. halo 2 it makes sense because it was designed for online and they probably built things in to assist off host players. in halo 1 I'd be surprised if they even knew that host would be noticeable on lan

Oops, misunderstanding. Carry on.

Been really busy with life so I'm only usually on to play dubs with my brother. I might get some free time soon so I'll hit you up if that changes. Also gotta try and play with @@Hasuku CE

damn right!

What pisses me off the most about MCC is the Halo 1 situation.

Halo 1 on Xbox Live was something a lot a people had been waiting for. But instead of the award-winning Halo 1 that made the Xbox brand what it is today, what we got was Halo PC (lousy port) with Halo Anniversary (revisionist port) touchups. And 5 months and numerous patches haven't made it any closer to the real thing.

Replaced original sound effects

Missing shaders

Hit registration/netcode is still off

Starting grenades, weapon spawns, and certain control schemes are still off

Effects and cutscene animations are still 30 FPS (there are definitely bigger issues, but it's still an issue)

Halo PC/Anniversary HUD

Halo PC map geometry

No ranks

Yeah, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this site, but there's been some pretty serious lowering of expectations lately. "OMG! Some form of ranks will be in the next patch! WE BACK!!!"

Demand more. Don't stop demanding it. Let your justified anger be heard. Spread the word as far and as wide as it can go. Microsoft and 343 Industries days of f***ing over their customers are OVER.

khyjw.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Didn't realise that H2C is now first to 9 kills.

GJ, 343. Must've known that I hate games that go for more than 3 mins.

Man, you all always seem to have so many problems, or me and my group of friends are just extremely lucky... I just literally played for 5 hours straight, and other then 1 player lag out well sitting in lobby, the game played flawless for the 3 i was with. Then 8 of us when we scrimmed. Played a few games on H2A and Doubles, but mostly stuck to the HCS playlist, then a HCS scrim. 

If i didn't read these forums, i would of said MCC was fixed. Now i'm just waiting for them HCS playlist ranks.

The only problems that I had was one map not load and one game freeze during the loading screen. There were still a lot of quitters as well.

It felt good to be able to aim again in H3.

Having mics working is good, but they still don't show who is talking in the game.

There's a UI issue where if you look at your overall MM stats too quickly, the background images will appear and cover part of the stats screen.

That white dash in the corner stands out like a sore thumb. 

Apparently aussies are now getting games in other playlists with American players now.

Time to start researching on how to bridge host and get games quickly. This is going to be fun :D

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 15

annnnnd it still doesn't match you with people in a skill restriction manner. GG. Hopefully that gets fixed.

It'd be nice if anyone with any type of influence would try to be specific with 343 about why skill restriction is so important in matching you with people for competitive games.