CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 3 feels WAY better now, shame there's still no MLG gametypes in Team Hardcore. If you can't figure out how to make forge gametypes work at least give us Pit Slayer, Heretic CTF, etc. Come on now, 343. I've been waiting patiently for months. The CE off/on host fix should be wonderful provided it was implemented correctly.

Lastly, I SERIOUSLY hope they don't match parties of 3 or more with players going in solo. In my humble opinion there shouldn't be a "preference" for teams of one and two to face only teams of one or two, it should be mandatory. Getting slapped and then deranking by a team of 5 when spartanjon466 is on your team is one of the most frustrating things I've ever encountered in this game.

Hyped for ranks though  :weback:

for those that already played a few games, how is the dedicated server ratio after the april update?

with the march update we pretty much had constant dedicated servers for like 2 days, then it went back to P2P mostly

how is it now?

are dedicated servers back?

OH MY GODDDDDD

THIS MEANS SO MUCH MORE WITH RANKS

Not gonna lie that was a next level clutch.

Breh... Read that and was like.

rick-ross-victory-o.gif

Cant even front they came with it this time, GG 343 for once

I saw the Halo 3 sub-section, start to read...yeah yeah forge, lighting golf club AIMING FIX?

I've tried it out, it's so SO much better now =D

So if you search as a to5 in 5v5 and match a to3 it'll split your team? It happened 2/2 to me so far.

So essentially:

- Halo 3's sound still sounds absolutely terrible compared to 360. Seriously. Go back to 360 for one game and its like night and day.

- Halo 3's colours are still washed out. Again, go to 360 and look at how much better everything looks.

- Halo 2 Classic's shot registration is no different, and the host advantage still makes 1v1/2v2 and even 4v4 a joke to play serious customs on.

- Derelict Rockets are on a messed up timer.

- No mention of "host ending game early" issue.

aaaannnddddddd drum rolllllllll pleeeeeeaaaseeee.....

- No skill-based MM. Ranks are still useless unless they match you based on skill.

Add that to no ranks for Team Hardcore or CE, the removal of Dubs, and no fies for a ton of other game breaking issues and you have an unhappy Jawshe. Yay.

I know I'm being really negative but after 50 days you would think they could have done more. There are literally no huge fixes to the main problems of each game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So if you search as a to5 in 5v5 and match a to3 it'll split your team? It happened 2/2 to me so far.

i was searching 3s and it put one of my guys on the other team :/

pretty flawed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ivory Tower 2v2 SMGs has to be the worst gametype of all time. Lose the opening skirmish and you lose the entire game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i was searching 3s and it put one of my guys on the other team :/

pretty flawed

Welp... that's some shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its 30secs tho

30 seconds is stupid and Hardy Lebel admitted he missed it. He meant to put it at 2 minutes.

Also I can't believe the apathy with 2 grenade starts. The meta is completely different and so much of being a top player in CE relies on anticipating opponents by pre-nading and anticipating their nades. It also helps you make crucial pushes from the bottom in certain maps (ie Dammy, Pris, Derelict). Not to mention you need lots of nades to get powerups and power weapons and still have 1 or 2 left to fight.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So essentially:

- Halo CE on host still has a major disadvantage. They didn't fix the aiming issue at all.

- Halo 3's sound still sounds absolutely terrible compared to 360. Seriously. Go back to 360 for one game and its like night and day.

- Halo 3's colours are still washed out. Again, go to 360 and look at how much better everything looks.

- Halo 2 Classic's shot registration is no different, and the host advantage still makes 1v1/2v2 and even 4v4 a joke to play serious customs on.

- Derelict Rockets are on a messed up timer.

- No mention of "host ending game early" issue.

aaaannnddddddd drum rolllllllll pleeeeeeaaaseeee.....

- No skill-based MM. Ranks are still useless unless they match you based on skill.

Add that to no ranks for Team Hardcore or CE, the removal of Dubs, and no fies for a ton of other game breaking issues and you have an unhappy Jawshe. Yay.

I know I'm being really negative but after 50 days you would think they could have done more. There are literally no huge fixes to the main problems of each game.

I am not surprised but I have to ask anyways...

Is this for real?

Anyone else's update getting stuck at 2%?

It stays at 2% for a long time, then it'll finally start going a lot quicker.

I've been trying to play Halo 3 but every time the game starts for me one team already has kills, it's like a good 30 second to 1 minute delay on when I can start compared to anyone else.

I've also been getting a lot of the 4v1 games.  I can't tell if this update did anything.

While I was waiting for updates I decided to make a Campaign montage in H2 haha took 2 days and just slapped it together

• Upvote (+1) 6

Host is fixed. Your shots don't just randomly disappear anymore like they were. 

It's not even close to being a disadvantage now. 

But on host you still have to aim differently. Off host you have to lead more but its still easier than on-host.

Halo 3 feels WAY better now, shame there's still no MLG gametypes in Team Hardcore. If you can't figure out how to make forge gametypes work at least give us Pit Slayer, Heretic CTF, etc. Come on now, 343. I've been waiting patiently for months. The CE off/on host fix should be wonderful provided it was implemented correctly.

Lastly, I SERIOUSLY hope they don't match parties of 3 or more with players going in solo. In my humble opinion there shouldn't be a "preference" for teams of one and two to face only teams of one or two, it should be mandatory. Getting slapped and then deranking by a team of 5 when spartanjon466 is on your team is one of the most frustrating things I've ever encountered in this game.

Hyped for ranks though  :weback:

agreed if they add MLG settings in Team Hardcore with ranks I would be set!

But on host you still have to aim differently. Off host you have to lead more but its still easier than on-host.

You always had to be more precise on host in Halo 1. You didn't have to lead as much as off host but to hit head shots required a bit more precision. That is not really a disadvantage now that they fixed the issue where host was just failing to work correctly, and off host was dealing more damage. It is absolutely not a disadvantage now and certainly not a 'major disadvantage'. 

Ask any XBC player. Off host sucked because of the delay and bullet lag, but switching back and forth between you can clearly tell off host gives you shots that host doesn't. You just have to be more precise with shot placement on host. As far as the aiming issues in Halo 1 from last patch it is absolutely fixed. When it comes to giving us shooting that tries to replicate OG shooting, that doesn't seem to be a priority for them but is beside the point here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You always had to be more precise on host in Halo 1. You didn't have to lead as much as off host but to hit head shots required a bit more precision. That is not really a disadvantage now that they fixed the issue where host was just failing to work correctly, and off host was dealing more damage. It is absolutely not a disadvantage now and certainly not a 'major disadvantage'. 

Ask any XBC player. Off host sucked because of the delay and bullet lag, but switching back and forth between you can clearly tell off host gives you shots that host doesn't. You just have to be more precise with shot placement on host. As far as the aiming issues in Halo 1 from last patch it is absolutely fixed. When it comes to giving us shooting that tries to replicate OG shooting, that doesn't seem to be a priority for them but is beside the point here.

I hope you're right man. If so then I'll definitely start hosting customs again.