CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Jump/Crouch are parts of strafe in my book. There is the jump delay in CE though, which is what you're probably feeling. 

I'm actually not talking about jump/crouch at all. Again the movement feels sluggish and takes me forever to change direction for strafing.

it only feels sluggish on the first try compared to the other Halos

stick to it and youll get into its benefits :)

also see what i edited into my post above

with excellent strafing in CE even the best players will have to invest more bullets, while that doesnt necessarily mean youll win the encounter it gives you at least more time to turn the tides to your favour

you also need to get rid of jumping in a face to face encounter, since the killtimes are way faster in CE a single jump reveals the opponent the location your hitbox for the next second which is enough to give you a 3sk

strafing is much more effective than jumping since you can add in randomness, something that the airtime and aircurve of a jump doesnt have

I hardly ever jump in battles but thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind for CE. I mean I get that its something I'll have to get used to, but idk, to me it just doesn't feel like strafing matters nearly as much as it does in other Halo games. 

Hey guys, It's been a while since I have played some CE. I was wondering if anyone wants to run some customs a little later tonight. I should be able to find a partner. Just looking for some casual games to knock the rust off. Let me know. 

Strafing in h1 mcc is not that great because of what the netcode has done with the shooting. On LAN on the original xbox you'll see countless 7-8 shot battles between people with incredibly good aim.

You can slip way more shots on OG with super quick short strafes that on mcc just magnetize to your head and kill you

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't say 343 ruined Reach. No bloom was a big break for the game, unfortunately they never did anything with it.

No one who is any good should ever say 343 made Reach worse. Probably the only 100% good thing they ever did was their TU for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343i has been cancer for Halo ever since they took over.

Imagine you really enjoyed cod. You thought it was the best game ever.

Next imagine you went to work at 343 with the task of creating halo titles.

Is it clear now?

• Upvote (+1) 3

yo @@Patch Stay

I just watched a video about "personal space in battle rap" and saw ya man pat stay lift another grown ass man up mid-battle....bruh

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

what type of fuckery is this?

They took it out because of the health pack bug which they ended up never fixing because their development team already moved onto Halo 4.

Could you elaborate on this?  Why wasn't it an issue in v7 settings?

Could you elaborate on this?  Why wasn't it an issue in v7 settings?

v7 used 75% melee I believe which either hid this bug very well (so it rarely happened) or fixed it entirely. 

EDIT: Just checked Reach, melee was 100%. It was there, people just didn't notice it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach was always terrible, but 343i ruined it even further. Removing great playlists, doing half-assed TUs, half-assed DLCs, they refused to make the MLG playlist ranked etc.

343i has been cancer for Halo ever since they took over.

Make no mistake, Reach was bad because Bungie made it bad.  I didn't play Reach after about the first month it was out, because of full bloom, defusing the bomb in armor lock, drop shields in oddball, no melee bleedthrough, ranks in only Arena, and countless other reasons. I gave it a real chance.  I tried to like it.  It was a fucking joke.  I didn't play Reach from like November 2010 until January of 2012, when a coworker invited me over to his place to run some MM with a to4 at his house.  I had heard there was a patch but I didn't pay it much mind.  Bad Company 2 had my full attention, and Reach had made me so mad that I just wasn't even following it anymore.  So I played it for the first time in over a year, tried the patch, and actually enjoyed the game.  343's TU was fuckin' awesome for the game.  85% bloom was actually kinda fun.

The problem was they didn't go all out.  They recognized the flaws in the game, but they didn't just fix them across the board.  They catered to the morons that actually preferred vanilla Reach over TU Reach.  I'm sorry, but if anyone reading this prefers vanilla Reach over TU Reach, I think you are a fucking idiot.  People like that denied us all a fixed game.  Instead we got a "Super Slayer" playlist with a fraction of the population because "Team Slayer" is still vanilla, and people don't fucking read when they pick a playlist.  Could you imagine if Bungie did that with Halo 2?  Could you imagine if the Team Slayer playlist in Halo 2 was always a 6 melee-to-kill playlist like it was prepatch?  No.  They recognized their game was broken as fuck and they fixed the entire game.

TU half assed?  Check

DLC half assed?  No.  343 had nothing to do with that.

MLG playlist ranked?  Yeah, they probably should have done that, especially after changing the Arena formula to Win/Loss.  That should have been ported directly into the MLG playlist too.  Hell, several playlists should have gotten that treatment.

That TU should have been so much more.

• Upvote (+1) 9

i was a Brig on my first account bro have some respect for the locked in 46 hustle.

One of my fondest memories of H3 was finally getting my gold bar Brigadier buddy with like 15,000 XP his 50.  It felt like such a triumph for us all, seeing his garbage bird turn into a 5 star general.  I've never heard such relief and gratitude from someone online in my whole life.  God damn that was a fun weekend.

His GT is HOLLLLYWOOOOOD if anyone cares to take a look.  I think we did it in 2010.  Probably my favorite thing I ever accomplished in that game.

Edit:  With the same guy, I also got my highest win streak in any Halo game of 51 (give or take a couple games, its been a while) going into Social Skirmish as a party of 2.  It was friggin' unreal.  He was also with me for most of the 2,000 wins necessary for the Social Slayer 5star I earned.  That 2,000th win was the last game of Halo 3 I ever played.  I played with this guy almost every day for like 2 years, so you can see how finally getting him that 50 meant a lot to our whole crew.

Went into THC last night with my to4 and played about 10-15 games, the other teams got raped so bad they quit out every time. It was actually a pretty terrible experience because we kept getting matched up with the shittiest players. Can we get ranks please?

One of my fondest memories of H3 was finally getting my gold bar Brigadier buddy with like 15,000 XP his 50. It felt like such a triumph for us all, seeing his garbage bird turn into a 5 star general. I've never heard such relief and gratitude from someone online in my whole life. God damn that was a fun weekend.

His GT is HOLLLLYWOOOOOD if anyone cares to take a look. I think we did it in 2010. Probably my favorite thing I ever accomplished in that game.

Edit: With the same guy, I also got my highest win streak in any Halo game of 51 (give or take a couple games, its been a while) going into Social Skirmish as a party of 2. It was friggin' unreal. He was also with me for most of the 2,000 wins necessary for the Social Slayer 5star I earned. That 2,000th win was the last game of Halo 3 I ever played. I played with this guy almost every day for like 2 years, so you can see how finally getting him that 50 meant a lot to our whole crew.

I wish I had the determination to deal with getting a Brig to a 50 lmao I change accounts the second the MLG playlist came up and only got 50's in that. I pretty much had to go around makin my buddies' accounts into 50s to help them avoid the same of having the bird+multiple perches. To be 13 and having nothing better to do.

@@Frosty I think we can all assume he was playing Team Doubles and Halo 4 had 2 voting options with one in the first slot xD It happens to me but I dashboard outta that shit like it's the plague.

halo ce is excluded for now? yea...this better be bullshit

I don't see why they wouldn't add them to all playlists, makes no sense

halo ce is excluded for now? yea...this better be bullshit

Not like CE has a skill gap, no ranks needed xD

• Upvote (+1) 4

:prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers: @@Hard Way

13df26cd373d01e3fece95fe0ab9e812.png

Haha, yep.  My casual buddies back in Ohio wanted to play it, so I obliged.  I had fun with Halo 4 so I didn't really mind.