CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It feels like when you go in with a partner, you get matched up against better people. No idea how that works.

Definitely hasn't been the case for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are only six months left for them to get MCC working before it is abandoned.

That is pretty depressing to think about, since at this rate there is no way they will have all of the issues ironed out by then.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There are only six months left for them to get MCC working before it is abandoned.

That is pretty depressing to think about, since at this rate there is no way they will have all of the issues ironed out by then.

This is what pisses me off the most. Even if it does get fixed, the damage has already been done and wont recover.

No way it will be fixed only way that would happen is a recall.

If you guys want better games you can leave MM by leaving multiplayer through the chat. It takes 5 seconds and you can research. I usually check KD and/or if they have a guest and I have gotten much better games. If I didn't do this doubles would be really boring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No way it will be fixed only way that would happen is a recall.

A recall for a software that can be fixed via server makes absolutely zero sense. The problem isn't the physical disc.

If you guys want better games you can leave MM by leaving multiplayer through the chat. It takes 5 seconds and you can research. I usually check KD and/or if they have a guest and I have gotten much better games. If I didn't do this doubles would be really boring.

Thanks for the pro tip dawg

Are there any 8 player last man standing 1v1 maps for h2a?

Its that thing where there are 8 or 16 players separated into groups of 2's in a chamber and they battle it out in a 1v1 and whoever wins walks up to the next chamber to fight the winner of another battle. then repeat till theres 1 dude left.......

. no?

Edit: So my memory is bad. At first you do start in a chamber. Once you beat your opponent, your chamber connects to another chamber with a guy that killed his opponent. Then, after you kill him too, those two connected chambers connect to two other chambers with 1 dude and so on...

. still no? igve up

That reminds me of 1v1 parties in the H2 days, where people would "spectate" and wait for their turn in the rotation.

Those were good times, even if I think Lockout is a piece of shit 1v1 map.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That reminds me of 1v1 parties in the H2 days, where people would "spectate" and wait for their turn in the rotation.

Same with Halo Reach v7  :kappa:  :prayers:

I still play those pretty regularly. It's not a very serious gametype, but playing it with friends is probably the most fun I've ever had with halo.

Do any other halo games have a 'sit out' mode?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I play 1v1 sitout quite a bit when I actually play (which lately is like once a week). Lockout is pretty annoying for 1v1 but its still fun. I'd rather play warlock

I still play those pretty regularly. It's not a very serious gametype, but playing it with friends is probably the most fun I've ever had with halo.

Do any other halo games have a 'sit out' mode?

1v1 in v7 reach had a spectator mode sanc that me and my friends used somewhat frequently that was awesome. There was a skybox way up high (it did not interfere with spawns) so you could watch all the action while the other two players played. 

I just don't get why Halo 3 feels so unbelievably slow. According to this one video, Halo 1, 2 and 3 all have the same base speed, is the FOV in H2 and 3 different?

Does anyone actually have a way to calculate or otherwise discover FOV?

EDIT: Actually I think I know a very remedial way but I'd have to test it.

I just don't get why Halo 3 feels so unbelievably slow. According to this one video, Halo 1, 2 and 3 all have the same base speed, is the FOV in H2 and 3 different?

Yeah they are different. I can't remember the exact numbers, but Halo 3 has the lowest FoV. I believe 70. CE was in the 80s or so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I got a couple H3 games when I played the doubles playlist and I couldn't even believe how slow the movement felt. Base movement speed feels like a leisurely stroll down a subarban sidewalk.

I can't help but wonder if that's what waypoint kids are complaining about when they say that halo needs to be more fast pace and therefore needs sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My friends and I called it cut throat. Definitely an interesting gametype. I miss it