CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm not sure how well it worked in H3 but in Reach, I would use the connection filter all the time and I would get matched up with players in Mexico and Columbia all the time and the hit registration was garbage.  So in Reach, the filter was definitely broken.  So your comment "H3 all the way till now" is false.

In the 360 games, you would have a better chance at hosting dependent on how often you hosted. That's why people would buy new 360s after a while, to get a clean slate and a better chance at pulling host.

I don't know if it's still like this in MCC, but I have no reason to think otherwise.

In the 360 games, you would have a better chance at hosting dependent on how often you hosted. That's why people would buy new 360s after a while, to get a clean slate and a better chance at pulling host.

I don't know if it's still like this in MCC, but I have no reason to think otherwise.

Yup, there is a serparate host record for each Halo game in MCC. I pulled host like crazy when the game first came out. Then after 10 games I never got it again.

Yup, there is a serparate host record for each Halo game in MCC. I pulled host like crazy when the game first came out. Then after 10 games I never got it again.

Then I guess it doesn't have a whole lot to do with who is the best host for a lobby.

Ah there its is, the ignorant American post right on time.

It filters ping, any host over 200 ping you will not find whilst searching good connection. Columbia, Mexico etc are all close to the US geographically hence why you would find them. Some people on the East Coast even report finding players from the UK. (I've seen EvaduR 6 bar on his stream on UK host and he still whines like a little phaggot) 

You will not match anyone from Oceania searching good connection and vise-versa . Hence why I find Americans reetarded when they complain about an oceanic host.

The bottom line is that when matched up with people from Columbia or Mexico as oppose to NA (even when using the filter), shots would not connect to them. Sometimes you use the filter and you connect to NA players and it runs fine.  Other times you use the filter and it connects to places outside NA and runs like garbage. Therefore the whole concept of using a filter is flawed on the premise that even if it is used, you still can wind up playing against those with garbage connections.  Therefore do not suggest it's use.

Why should Americans have to resort to use of a filter resulting in longer search times when the better solution is the one 343 currently has in place, which is not having the game work for Aussies so that NA players don't ever have to be matched up against them.  Plus it gives incentive for Ogre1 to move back to the states in order to be able to play halo LOL!

It's a win/win.

G'day mate.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

are there already and hints or infos on the rough schedule of the aprils update yet?

id love to see it being an early month release again just like the last update

are there already and hints or infos on the rough schedule of the aprils update yet?

id love to see it being an early month release again just like the last update

Ranks being fixed and rolled out

Quitting and betrayal penalties being added/improved

April is the only ETA we have

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranks being fixed and rolled out

Quitting and betrayal penalties being added/improved

April is the only ETA we have

ty moa

maybe bravo will give us some more concrete timeframe the next days then

since we dont know anything yet i assume it wont be an early month release again

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then I guess it doesn't have a whole lot to do with who is the best host for a lobby.

Yes it does. Let's sandbox the Halo host record system. 8 players with new xboxes play 100 games together. Each get their fair share of host although the ones with shit net get less games on host, the ones with good net get host more often and eventually the person with the best net will get host every time. 

The bottom line is that when matched up with people from Columbia or Mexico as oppose to NA (even when using the filter), shots would not connect to them. Sometimes you use the filter and you connect to NA players and it runs fine.  Other times you use the filter and it connects to places outside NA and runs like garbage. Therefore the whole concept of using a filter is flawed on the premise that even if it is used, you still can wind up playing against those with garbage connections.  Therefore do not suggest it's use.

Why should Americans have to resort to use of a filter resulting in longer search times when the better solution is the one 343 currently has in place, which is not having the game work for Aussies so that NA players don't ever have to be matched up against them.  Plus it gives incentive for Ogre1 to move back to the states in order to be able to play halo LOL!

It's a win/win.

G'day mate.  

People's shots don't register because people's internet connections are shit. Bottom line. The good connection filter works as intended. It doesn't take into account people's jitter and packet loss. I for one worship the good connection filter, all throughout 2011 to 2012 I never had to play on greasy cheeseburger host.

MURICA

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Is anybody else's game freezing on the initial loading screen right after Microsoft studios? My game was working perfectly just a few days ago and now it isn't.

My other games work fine and my hard copy and digital copy of MCC are both having this issue

i dont really understand why AUS players want to play with the whole world

as a EU player i had an AUS host one time in the MCC, i havent had such a delayed game since then

ping was above 300ms, while there wasnt any real skipping or warping the lead and animation were extremly delayed, you shot a person and half a second later you get the medal, just crazy

im sure its the other way round for AUS players when they play on EU host or some other worldwide host

• Upvote (+1) 1

as a EU player i had an AUS host one time in the MCC, i havent had such a delayed game since then

ping was above 300ms, while there wasnt any real skipping or warping the lead and animation were extremly delayed, you shot a person and half a second later you get the medal, just crazy

im sure its the other way round for AUS players when they play on EU host or some other worldwide host

They'd rather play a laggy game than none at all.

Halo is dead. At this point Australia has no choice but to play internationally. I've been playing EU host all night in H3 360. I really couldn't care less. I'm just happy I'm actually getting games.

worth a try for you AUS guys then:

im from Europe and when i set my homebase to AUS in my router and ignore IPs from outside AUS i only find AUS people

now what you could do is something similar by setting your region to US or EU to get your playerbase from there by blocking all IPs outside of EU and AUS, games are found much quicker then ofc but might be more laggy when the EU people get host

can be done with dd-wrt on pretty much any router

worth a try for you AUS guys then:

im from Europe and when i set my homebase to AUS in my router and ignore IPs from outside AUS i only find AUS people

now what you could do is something similar by setting your region to US or EU to get your playerbase from there by blocking all IPs outside of EU and AUS, games are found much quicker then ofc but might be more laggy when the EU people get host

can be done with dd-wrt on pretty much any router

I'm not good at networking but if any Aussies could give it a go it might solve the problem. I really would love to get some HC matches.

Not true.

Do I need to put the /s or a list of faces next time?

I thought that was a running joke around here and no one took it seriously anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Notes from the 343 Update Team Meeting - April Update.

1:00 PM

Shots while watching reruns of our favorite college team, the Oklahoma Sooners.

Golden

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never understood this "playing without trying" phenomenon. Why play if you're not going to try? It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me. Like a defense mechanism for people with fragile egos. Kinda sad that people have to say "they weren't trying" when they lose at a video game. Really? Were both of your hands on your controller? Were your eyes open? Ok, then you were probably trying.

That sounds narcissistic of you. Not everyone has to think like you. A natural reason to play any game is abnigation (sp?) Where one just wants to not think.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Notes from the 343 Update Team Meeting - April Update.

9:00 AM

Agenda Item 1 - Update Playlists

Date - April Soon, 2015

10:00 AM

Agenda Item 2 - Back-end Server Update to Allow us to "Roll Out" Ranks at some undetermined time in the future

Date - April Soon, Two Thousand and soon

11: 00 AM

Agenda Item 3 - Additional Matchmaking Search Time Optimization

Date - Soon, Soon

12:00 PM

Break for lunch.

1:00 PM

Shots while watching reruns of our favorite college team, the Oklahoma Sooners.

3: 00 PM

Agenda Item 4 - Timeline for April's Public Blog Update

Date - April 31th, 2015, 11:59.99 PM

4:00 PM

Agenda Item 5 - Call of Duty LAN party

30vzuj4.gif

At least they know your country. Not that many heard about Venezuela. Imagine Venezuelan Host? :flames:

I know a guy from there with 1 mb up talking about how 500 ms ping is pretty much normal, I don't know how can they live like that.

Just played against Bobby Blitz and H1 MaGIX in CE MM. I swear that Bobby ate a direct Sniper to the dome and lived...