CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So, decided to play some Halo today, things went 'smooth', played around ten games with and against players from a wide range of skill(mostly bad players though, god I miss ranks or anything at all that match you up with somewhat equally skilled players), every time I got stuck at "connecting to session", when I back out, it takes me up to 70 seconds, 70!(Yes, I counted) I'm just fed up with this game, so much still not fixed(and some things which will never be fixed(P2P migration, leaving the game taking five seconds, etc.))

idk, wake me when this clusterbomb is fixed.

Ehhhh... I don't know default H4 was probably > default Reach but H5 will be the first to be better than the previous iteration from any perspective. V7 was hands down better than H4 but that was such a small portion of the game outside of our little world over here on beyond. Bloom was just so SO bad the way it was implemented. You just can't have shooting be bad in a shooter lol

Default, pre patch (post CE) Halo has always been terrible. Now I don't doubt if you alter the hell out of the H5 settings you might be left with a semi-decent game, but default Halo 5 with AR/SMG from hell spraying and praying sprinters actually sounds worse to me than everything-sucks-but-atleast-you-have-a-rifle-H4.

Makes me hate how when I play team slayer I have to pray we dont have Cheif117Sparten and his guests vote for automatic starts when anything but CE gets voted.

Thinking about it, it is an enigma to me why every subsequent Halo has had the same life cycle with zero inherent logic to it.

First, release a game that adds a couple good or even amazing things (online play,forge,grenade launcher etc) ontop of lots of garbage(huge auto aim,automatic starts, br spread,bloom,sprint etc)

Then, to make matters worse, release the game with awful playlists and settings ( automatic starts everywhere, shield doors epitaph,non blocked zealot, no hardcore playlists until months into launch)

Then at some point they realize the game they shipped is subpar and they patch it and fix some of the worst offenders like the shield doors and start putting in playlists like team snipers that people want.

Then the next next Halo gets released and we are back to square one with things that shouldnt have passed day 1 alpha.

100% the same thing is going to be happening with Halo 5. We already know they made the first mistake by adding a couple cherries like ranks on turd-piles like "spartan abilities".

Thus, I am certain they are also going to be shipping the game in subpar shape, realizing they fucked up and trying to fix it half-heartedly afterwards, and then the process will repeat itself all over again.

Edit:

I just realized this when I was done, but the conspiracy theorist in me almost thinks that maybe because they couldn't add their twist to the MCC like putting ordnance in CE or sprint in Halo 2, they had to compensate by making the launch state be a new rock-bottom low for the franchise.

But I mean they wouldn't be that crazy right? I mean that's almost like putting ADS in Halo and giving accuracy penalties to hip fire. They would never do that. Oh wait....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then the next next Halo gets released and we are back to square one with things that should have passed day 1 alpha.

The qualifications for an alpha is that everything is functional(in a working state, which means that no such things like "2 or 3 hit melee kill?" are really a discussion here, they could be, but those discussions are not needed for the alpha). It's a beta you're after here.

No, that's not the "only" reason, although to frame that as if it's a trivial reason for saying so is pretty hilarious. Bungie always released complete, thorough products that delivered as advertised and never took a step back in terms of features from game to game (except for clans, which almost definitely came down from Microsoft).

what do you mean?

Is there a way to time the trains on Terminal?

Nah, it's random. I think if you get hit by the sides/skim the roof you can be launched really high and not die.

what do you mean?

Clan system from Halo 2 being non-existent in Halo 3 and Reach. 

iirc MS was planning on doing a clan system on the xbox 360 itself, so they probably had bungie leave it out of the game cause they were going to have their own system for it.

it never came through though. 

Soooo i was pissed and losing hope with all these bad team mates and i jumped into theater to understand them, i found out most of them are just clueless about how to play because they are new and there is nothing that teach them how to properly play halo (THANKS CoD). Now, i will try to help them whenever i can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXauqxbrNnw

When I see kids standing over a weapon and taking 5 seconds to pick it (a duel wielding weapon) up, I instantly know I'm going to lose.

Played a match of Halo 4 BTB on Exile and everyone but me had a BR loadout. Me and my DMR put down everyone in sight. Lol at people not making their loadouts first.

I understand that lol

I meant how was it microsoft's decision?

I understand that lol

I meant how was it microsoft's decision?

Microsoft claimed it was a second friends list more than a clan function. They weren't wrong, but who knows where the clan system could have gone if it remained in Halo.

No, that's not the "only" reason, although to frame that as if it's a trivial reason for saying so is pretty hilarious. Bungie always released complete, thorough products that delivered as advertised and never took a step back in terms of features from game to game (except for clans, which almost definitely came down from Microsoft). And they actually tested their games. Meanwhile, everything 343 does is sloppy, half-assed, poorly thought out, and a terrible reflection on them. Almost all theater functionality was taken out of Halo 4, firefight was removed in favor of bland DLC campaigns, file sharing was broken, forge mode itself wasn't impressive because the entire palette was copy-pasted from Reach, magnets didn't work, and some key pieces were ruined (like brace large). All of this ruined the customs community that hadn't already been driven away by Halo 4's general awfulness.

MCC didn't work at all for four months and still has a ways to go. Those dedicated servers they talked about are nonexistent. Halo Channel doesn't have that spectator mode they hyped up so much. And only including six fucking maps in H2A (only three of which are tournament worthy), and pushing that as your tournament game? That's fucking dumb. God only knows what sort of laughable, embarrassing bullshit will be wrong with Halo 5.

And this is without getting into actual game design or my conspiracy theories about who was really responsible for Reach.

Oh and bungie is still releasing finished tested product today. Sort of gives the impression they would be embarrassed to launch a half assed effort.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They really need to tweak the chances of High Ground showing up in the H3 playlist to something more reasonable, like say 0%

• Upvote (+1) 4

They really need to tweak to chances of High Ground showing up in the H3 playlist to something more reasonable, like say 0%

Was this map any good for anything other than Zombies? The indoor areas pissed me off something fierce.

Was this map any good for anything other than Zombies? The indoor areas pissed me off something fierce.

1 Flag and those types of game modes were pretty fun on it.

1 Flag and those types of game modes were pretty fun on it.

It's okay for 1 Flag and Assault, but of course those gametypes are AR start and I ain't about dat life.

Played a match of Halo 4 BTB on Exile and everyone but me had a BR loadout. Me and my DMR put down everyone in sight. Lol at people not making their loadouts first.

LR was tbe shiz in BTB though.

I don't know about you guys but I'd take High Ground over Orbital any day of the week. You can relly see Bungie's failing train of thought leading into Reach with their later maps. The only decent DLC map at the end of H3 was Heretic - a remake. Seriously...

Rat's Nest

Orbital

Standoff

Blackout (They somehow ruined a perfect map)

Assembly (The only other semi-competitive map in DLC)

Sandbox

Foundry (Default map is AIDS)

Citadel (Decent but not good enough for tournaments)

Ghost Town

Cold Storage 

Longshore

All of which are largely BTB or csual/shitty maps. Citadel and Assembly were their attempts at making a balanced, competitive 4v4 map but both were completely ruined by poor design choices and an over-abundance of shitty equipment that broke gameplay.

IMO all of the decent H3 maps were on the disc save for Heretic. You can really see Bungie going downhill at this point. No wonder Reach imploded.

I don't know about you guys but I'd take High Ground over Orbital any day of the week. You can relly see Bungie's failing train of thought leading into Reach with their later maps. The only decent DLC map at the end of H3 was Heretic - a remake. Seriously...

Rat's Nest

Orbital

Standoff

Sandbox

Ghost Town

Cold Storage 

Longshore

All of which are largely BTB or csual/shitty maps. Citadel and Assembly were their attempts at making a balanced, competitive 4v4 map but both were completely ruined by poor design choices and an over-abundance of shitty equipment that broke gameplay.

IMO all of the decent H3 maps were on the disc save for Heretic. You can really see Bungie going downhill at this point. No wonder Reach imploded.

You're like the only person I've ever heard say they didn't like Citadel. Ghost town is the only map I can not stand to play.

Rat's Nest

Orbital

Standoff

Sandbox

Ghost Town

Cold Storage 

Longshore

Citadel isn't a 4v4 map, it was primarily designed for 2v2. If I'm not mistaken, the Rockets in the middle only have two shots total.