CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't mind "getting better" but Halo 2's Legendary difficulty is just as bad as it can get, The Arbiter is damn near unplayable for the first half alone. MCC/Vista edition is even worse at Legendary. I tried. I dreaded every moment in the Oracle as well on Legendary.

Tell me about it. I don't H2 solo Legendary last weekend, was raging hard! I found the Jackal snipers to be the worst part. 

Tell me about it. I don't H2 solo Legendary last weekend, was raging hard! I found the Jackal snipers to be the worst part. 

I just perform the skip strat for that level, sadly enough, that is the /only/ Halo 2 level on Legendary that can be cheesed in half.

Once they implement a no-sprint playlist, that's when I MIGHT consider buying it. Sprint is the single reason why I wont buy the game. I can't stand the "stop and go" game play that sprint brings to halo. Hopefully when we do get a no-sprint option, we get the ability to change acceleration as well as base movement so no ice skating.

Yep, I'm not sure what you mean by stop and go but the defensive style random perversion of halo is just not in the same atmosphere as the art form that is ce and h2c imo and I'm not going to attempt to force myself to like something. There's too many other entertainment options now with mcc, good tv shows and other games, to waste time on 343i's garbage halo.

I played against an old forum villain in CE last night. Happy to report my team won.

11086170_10153232798483856_933980917_o.j

• Upvote (+1) 9

I played against an old forum villain in CE last night. Happy to report my team won.

I'm surprised he's not at the bottom of the roster.

I dislike how BR tower spawns gets the sniper on Lockdown. Die off the initial spawn? Prepare to spawn shotgun the entire game.

Not a single evenly matched game tonight. Quit pretty much every single one now I'm playing Battlefield. H2A I get a full team of 1's the other team has a 49, 41, 28, and a couple lower ranks. This game has become completely impossible for me to play.

I'M NOT GOOD. MATCH ME WITH OTHER SHITTY PLAYERS!!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not a single evenly matched game tonight. Quit pretty much every single one now I'm playing Battlefield. H2A I get a full team of 1's the other team has a 49, 41, 28, and a couple lower ranks. This game has become completely impossible for me to play.

I'M NOT GOOD. MATCH ME WITH OTHER SHITTY PLAYERS!!

If my teammates are any indication, the people in the team slayer and BTB playlists seem to suck a sufficient amount of ass.  Might I suggest those?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone wanna guess what my first noob moment was? +1 rep to whoever guesses lmao

I'm wondering if you might have been the kid my team matched on Derelict that hid in the bottom tunnel and spawned his teammates on our grenades for about 30 kills in a row.

Yeah...don't camp.

Reminder that these people exist and will never go away

Untitled.jpgimage.jpg

Give these kids an SMG/AR start playlist for the love of God.  Everything else should be BR+AR starts.  Halo is meant to be played with a utility weapon on spawn, but if these kids don't want one, let them putz around in their own playlist all they want.  But 343 needs to establish once an for all that the game is meant to be played with a utility weapon, and then just offer an alternative.  I think everyone is sick of sharing playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As he called Phil a worthless f... I was saying those same words. People have said Phil could make a difference but clearly he lacks integrity like the rest of them.

Batman's analysis is very good. The only things I would add is bf4 was DICE's game. MCC is not 343's game. It's not totally business but also a complete lack of interest. They simply feel burdened to have to fix games published before 343 was even established. And this leads me to another issue...

343 says they are all in to make a competitive halo but they hate competitive halo and they love abilities halo. They have lied to us so much now they can't tell themselves the truth any longer.

His assumption is correct.. They will never fix MCC. Halo 5 is their end game. Their devs are completely invested in h5 to prove they can bring something to the table worthy of their paycheck.

Competitive halo is done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reminder that these people exist and will never go away

a5e59d0dd0facd198f0b76dd4430adeb.png

I'm not even gonna comment on whatever he said about the CE pistol, but this dude just needs to educate himself and understand that these [factors] involved in SMG vs. SMG encounters are because the weapon ACTUALLY removes your options at a range and forces you to close in onto people... these are all still options while using a BR if at the appropriate trange.

But what troubles me the most here is that looking at a post like this, I can almost understand why 343 added all these abilities going into Halo 5. Some people are under the illusion that more options = more skill, and don't look into it more than that. 

Using that logic, we can come to the conclusion that sprint is skillful because you have to decide whether you shoot or move at a normal speed. Take that 11%. Now that's what I call a case settled.

• Upvote (+1) 4

-quoted waypoint nonsense-

I think it is crystal clear these guys are just trolling. The fact they post on those forums already show they care too much to be truely considered "casuals".

I bet they either:

a. Make the most insane arguments to get people to rage (Which they obviously accomplished)

or b. Are tryhards in disguise, but not good enough to hang in BR starts/get powerweapons etc, so they try to make it seem as if they care about "cqc depth" or all the other buzzwords they made up, in an attempt to level the playing field.

The only thing bad about this is that 343 thinks these are actual "casual" players voicing their concerns.

I'm surprised he's not at the bottom of the roster.

I'm surprised he'd even play anything other than H4.

I really would like for there to be separate playlists for AR and BR starts. My main reason isn't even the selfish "I can't stand AR starts," I enjoy me some mindless AR rushing once in a while. I just don't like destroying kids who are trying to have a good time. Please only match me with other competitive people. It breaks my heart every time I beat a team of casual players 50-0 due to the lack of a true ranking system.

Really tired of the lag stuttering haloce. its completely unplayable and no entertaining whatsoever. i keep trying and trying to give this game chances, but its a complete waste of time. ive tweeted bravo several times, he responds but no concrete solution if ever presented.

i dont know if im just having bad luck with bad dedicated servers or what... but im done with this game. everytime i try to play hce, it continues to do this. on top of that, the other playlists either dont produce quality gametypes or the game just hangs there trying to find players.

Really tired of the lag stuttering haloce. its completely unplayable and no entertaining whatsoever. i keep trying and trying to give this game chances, but its a complete waste of time. ive tweeted bravo several times, he responds but no concrete solution if ever presented.

i dont know if im just having bad luck with bad dedicated servers or what... but im done with this game. everytime i try to play hce, it continues to do this. on top of that, the other playlists either dont produce quality gametypes or the game just hangs there trying to find players.

Is your connection, it happens to me when I have spikes or start downloading something.

Whats the deal with H2C hit registration- Is it Fixed?

Running 8s last night and it seems like it works sometimes close range and is still garabage at medium range.... Like shots at the distance from Car 3 to blue 2 on midship and greater did not register well...

And host in h2c is absolutely ridiculous..... I now understand why snipedown was complaining about quadhost- i could not even imagine haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm of the belief that if Pistol is buffed, it and AR should be in all playlists. It's so much harder to use than BR, that at lower, casual, levels, everyone will just use AR. At higher levels, the skill gap will pay off. Problem solved, no playlist divides, just an utility weapon with a real skill gap. @@Deez @@Sal1ent

Is your connection, it happens to me when I have spikes or start downloading something.

It is literally impossible that it's my connection. I have a 25mb download speed. Any other game, whether it be Battlefield 4, PC gaming, etc...this never happens.

It is purely a MCC thing. It's been doing it since the last patch because it was not doing it before.

Whats the deal with H2C hit registration- Is it Fixed?

Running 8s last night and it seems like it works sometimes close range and is still garabage at medium range.... Like shots at the distance from Car 3 to blue 2 on midship and greater did not register well...

And host in h2c is absolutely ridiculous..... I now understand why snipedown was complaining about quadhost- i could not even imagine haha. 

I'd say it's like 75% fixed now. Certainly playable but still a little wonky.

• Upvote (+1) 2