CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I haven't played 8 in a while, is it a choice between all the courses or just a handful?

I believe it's A, B, C, or Random.

After the voting, each option is weighted based on the number of votes received. So if 10 players vote, a simulation could look like...

A - 50%

B - 20%

C - 20%

Random - 20%

Based on those percentages, the course is chosen. There is a 50% chance A will be played, and each other option has a chance to be played as well based on the percentage of votes it received.

i hate voting systems, imo it should be a server browser with community rented servers

that way i can play the map and mod of my choice and depending on its popularity my server will be full or not

i also can kick or ban betrayers or quitters

i hate voting systems, imo it should be a server browser with community rented servers

that way i can play the map and mod of my choice and depending on its popularity my server will be full or not

i also can kick or ban betrayers or quitters

Great for customs, not so great for ranked play.

So is MCC ever going to get this full-blown dedi treatment? 

:prayers:

I hate my life.... I have been playing Destiny and helping out friends with hard Crota raids - more than I have played MCC.....

my friends have quit Halo

my heart hurts.

Ahhhh... First world problems...

• Downvote (-1) 1

So is MCC ever going to get this full-blown dedi treatment? 

Doubt it. They obviously don't care about the MCC at this point, all their money is betting on Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe it's A, B, C, or Random.

After the voting, each option is weighted based on the number of votes received. So if 10 players vote, a simulation could look like...

A - 50%

B - 20%

C - 20%

Random - 20%

Based on those percentages, the course is chosen. There is a 50% chance A will be played, and each other option has a chance to be played as well based on the percentage of votes it received.

I remember how it picks the vote, I just didn't remember the specifics.

Halo 5 should also copy Mario Kart by having your Spartan fly off into space when you leave a game.

Honest question - judgement free zone...

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

B] Buying Halo 5 at launch?

Is the general feeling of this thread that you'll be switching to H5 when it comes out, or will most people be playing MCC this fall, assuming improvements continue to be made?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is...

A) Excited about Halo 5?

B) Buying Halo 5 at launch?

I have it pre ordered  :kappa:

Depending on when it comes out will depend on how much I put into it. Obviously I'll go back to MCC especially if they keep improving it. 

I think my plans are obvious. 

No way - you're an enigma.

A] Excited about Halo 5?

A] Only about campaign

B] Probably not, maybe I'll buy it second hand later.

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

Is the general feeling of this thread that you'll be switching to H5 when it comes out, or will most people be playing MCC this fall, assuming improvements continue to be made?

A] Not at all

B] Nope

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

A - I'm looking forward to playing it. I enjoyed the Beta and want to play more.

B -Very doubtful, but if they are incredibly transparent about launch day plans and the status of the game I would consider it. I am probably getting the game no matter what, but I'd feel more comfortable waiting a day or two for the dust to settle. 100% not taking another day off work for a failed Halo launch at midnight.

Edit: I forgot the other part of the question.

I will probably go where the community goes. If Halo 5 does fine at launch and has full blown HCS support, then I will be following Halo 5 more closely. If they shit the bed again with another bad launch and post-launch support, then I will just play whatever works best at the time.

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

A) Cautiously optimistic. I liked the beta tbh, it's just up to 343 to not have another colossal failure at launch.

b: Yup

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

A.) Not at all. Not looking forward to playing sprint again.

B.) Not at launch but I'll probably get it shortly after.

I will be playing MCC as long as there are people in the H2C/Team Hardcore/CE playlists.

I'm only getting that game to beat the single player. The multi player "evolved" just a liiiiiiiiiil too much for my tastes over the past few years.

On the bright side, I will be fully immersed in the campaign. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Who is...

A] Excited about Halo 5?

A] I'll admit I am, despite some heavy dissapointment over a few of their decisions and the quality of MCC.

B] Haven't pre-ordered, but will probably pick up a physical copy at launch.

Which one I'll be playing over the long term will depend on the how H5 plays and what patches/playlist updates MCC gets. I'd rather play a full game than the unfinished shells that came with the MCC.

Games with Gold is 1000% necessary for this game, but if ranks aren't in place first, then our best chance at repopulation gets blown.

I am confused how you see ranks as instrumental to repopulating halo. That correlation doesn't make any sense to me. Is there historical evidence for it in BF4?

I see halo as dead BECAUSE the population will never return no matter how good the game patches make the experience. I see no way to heal the wound 343 inflicted upon halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

[Yes]

and

[Yes]

I am excited to see the finished product and feel the changes they've made to the game since the beta. I believe it had a lot of potential and the launch execution will be important to its success. I have pre ordered it, but then again I am also a fan of Halo, and of the games coming out this year it is one of the only ones which looked like a possibility.

Other games I am excited for are Rainbow Six: Siege, and Star Wars Battlefront.