CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks 

I think everyone should tweet this to @brav (@@Bravo) or whoever would be influenced the most by it to help maybe escalate ranks being added in.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know how tombstone plays outside of team snipers but I agree with you 110%

That map is shit

Tombstone, while not a very good map, did play a few things well.

Snipers

1 Flag/Bomb

King of Hill

Territories

If you're not playing one of those gametypes, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried four different playlists, but I couldn't find a game. I have an open NAT and I quit the build once. I want to get back into MCC, but this kind of stuff is gonna make me go back other games if it keeps happening.

I think everyone should tweet this to @brav (@@Bravo) or whoever would be influenced the most by it to help maybe escalate ranks being added in.

Anyone who thinks "Ranks" are going to fix anything is setting themselves up for dissapointment.

"Ranks" dont do anything. Playing a couple of games in the H2A playlist easily shows that. I'm a 17 and I have matched up with 44s and 47s, which shouldn't happen in the first place, and then those high ranked players aren't even good because they got to that rank playing against level 1-10s.

When a 50 can match a 1 and vice versa the whole system is pointless. Since the "skill system" works the exact same way for the "unranked" playlists as it does for the ranked playlists, all that changes is that you now a have a meaningless number attached to your name that says next to nothing about your actual skill level.

TLDR: Ranks will not fix anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nope choke on the killtac x2

IT WAS STOLEN @@Hard Way  :kappa:

Oh, we are back to the Batchford and Rocker post MM clips portion of the thread.

Cool.

not sure if you think this is good or bad but suck it up bruh

Anyone who thinks "Ranks" are going to fix anything is setting themselves up for dissapointment.

"Ranks" dont do anything. Playing a couple of games in the H2A playlist easily shows that. I'm a 17 and I have matched up with 44s and 47s, which shouldn't happen in the first place, and then those high ranked players aren't even good because they got to that rank playing against level 1-10s.

When a 50 can match a 1 and vice versa the whole system is pointless. Since the "skill system" works the exact same way for the "unranked" playlists as it does for the ranked playlists, all that changes is that you now a have a meaningless number attached to your name that says next to nothing about your actual skill level.

m8 when we say "ranks" we mean "matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win."

every1 knows just a silly # won't do anything. we were here for halo 4's csr bro. 

saying:

"hey, 343 really needs to implement a matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win already. The current matchmaking system where you don't only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win sucks. I just don't understand why it's so hard to make a proper matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win. It should only be a few lines of code."

versus

"hey, 343 really needs to implement ranks already. The current ranks suck. I just don't understand why it's so hard to make a ranking system. It should only be a few lines of code."

It seems kind of dumb, no? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they left ranks as is, then you'd be right.  But I'm certain I've read they will overhaul how it currently works when real ranks come out.

In other news, how in the blue hell are people so fucking bad at Halo?  I tried searching BTB by myself, and I get Sandtrap TS the first game.  My team are the kids that make it their job to "hold down" the Elephant.  If spawning on an elephant in motion isn't an instant facepalm, I don't know what it is.  Obviously we lose.  

Next game Daybreak CTF gets voted.  We instantly have a quitter.  I learn that the regen AA is glitchy and unreliable.  The kids that stay on my team are so horrendously awful.  At one point I got an overkill defending the flag, and I die right afterwards.  As I'm dead, I see the rest of my team die.  I JUST KILLED FOUR OF THEM!  HOW ARE YOU STILL DYING?  Then I watch several 1 shots not get cleaned up (I mean we're talking T-Ball here), several teammates die without putting ANY damage on their killer, and then watch their flag guy get a double kill.  Seriously, I expected people that have this game to be familiar with Halo.  How the fuck are people still so God damn awful?

Honestly has Certain Affinity ever made a map that doesn't suck in some way? I can't stand anything they've done starting with the Blastacular map pack in Halo 2. 343 needs to seriously stop letting them make anything for Halo.

Highlands (Reach DLC) was bad ass. And honestly, I liked Outcast too. That's about it though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

m8 when we say "ranks" we mean "matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win."

every1 knows just a silly # won't do anything. we were here for halo 4's csr bro. 

saying:

"hey, 343 really needs to implement a matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win already. The current matchmaking system where you don't only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win sucks. I just don't understand why it's so hard to make a proper matchmaking system where you only match people near your trueskill and you rank up if you win. It should only be a few lines of code."

versus

"hey, 343 really needs to implement ranks already. The current ranks suck. I just don't understand why it's so hard to make a ranking system. It should only be a few lines of code."

It seems kind of dumb, no? 

We are 100% not getting that for MCC though.

What h5 has will probably work to some extent but we will not  have that in the MCC.

I also seriously doubt (I could be wrong here, who knows) most people really mean what you do when they say ranks because this would mean completly overhauling the whole system -all while the MCC is still pretty broken.

@@Hard Way

Where do you get that certainty from though? Many people were certain we would get a sprint toggle for H4 or -shock- the MCC would actually work. If they said they would overhaul it then feel free to correct me but I don't recall them saying they would

• Downvote (-1) 1

If they left ranks as is, then you'd be right.  But I'm certain I've read they will overhaul how it currently works when real ranks come out.

In other news, how in the blue hell are people so fucking bad at Halo?  I tried searching BTB by myself, and I get Sandtrap TS the first game.  My team are the kids that make it their job to "hold down" the Elephant.  If spawning on an elephant in motion isn't an instant facepalm, I don't know what it is.  Obviously we lose.  

Next game Daybreak CTF gets voted.  We instantly have a quitter.  I learn that the regen AA is glitchy and unreliable.  The kids that stay on my team are so horrendously awful.  At one point I got an overkill defending the flag, and I die right afterwards.  As I'm dead, I see the rest of my team die.  I JUST KILLED FOUR OF THEM!  HOW ARE YOU STILL DYING?  Then I watch several 1 shots not get cleaned up (I mean we're talking T-Ball here), several teammates die without putting ANY damage on their killer, and then watch their flag guy get a double kill.  Seriously, I expected people that have this game to be familiar with Halo.  How the fuck are people still so God damn awful?

Is BTB bingo a thing yet? It should be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Highlands (Reach DLC) was bad ass. And honestly, I liked Outcast too. That's about it though.

Harvest was good for 5v5+ CTF.  Perdition was good for Extraction and Slayer.  I don't know if they made Tempest but that map was really fun 5v5+.  Skyline was H4's best map and was pretty good.  Didn't they make Citadel?  That was good.  Longshore was good.

The problem is that their best maps aren't suited for 4's.  Correct me if I'm wrong about any of those.  I just assumed CA makes the DLC.

343i needs to put the MCC up for Games With Gold when ranks are out or else we wont have much from it

the player pool at least for CE is too small to get something out of the ranks, all it will do is increase the search times until the rank region is widened enough to find players

if i do a matchmaking search during the week at the time there should be the highest population i can get contact to like 20 different persons max when i stop the search and restart it before a lobby is created

when you start a matchmaking search the exact same time as a friend of yours you actually have a huge chance to be in the same lobby, that alone showcases it quite well

my assumption of the rank distribution on those 20 players

rank 1-10: 9 people

rank 11-20: 5 people

rank 21-30: 3 people

rank 31-40: 2 people

rank 41-50: 1 people

now if you are rank 30 or higher all it will do is make you wait until the matchmaking system widened the rank region to something like 11-50 until you find a full lobby, the betraying or quitting should roughly stay the same when people with such a high rank difference meet each other

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i needs to put the MCC up for Games With Gold when ranks are out or else we wont have much from it

the player pool at least for CE is too small to get something out of the ranks, all it will do is increase the search times until the rank region is widened enough to find players

if i do a matchmaking search during the week at the time there should be the highest population i can get contact to like 20 different persons max when i stop the search and restart it before a lobby is created

when you start a matchmaking search the exact same time as a friend of yours you actually have a huge chance to be in the same lobby, that alone showcases it quite well

my assumption of the rank distribution on those 20 players

rank 1-10: 9 people

rank 11-20: 5 people

rank 21-30: 3 people

rank 31-40: 2 people

rank 41-50: 1 people

now if you are rank 30 or higher all it will do is make you wait until the matchmaking system widened the rank region to something like 11-50 until you find a full lobby, the betraying or quitting should roughly stay the same when people with such a high rank difference meet each other

Games with Gold is 1000% necessary for this game, but if ranks aren't in place first, then our best chance at repopulation gets blown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are 100% not getting that for MCC though.

What h5 has will probably work to some extent but we will not  have that in the MCC.

I also seriously doubt (I could be wrong here, who knows) most people really mean what you do when they say ranks because this would mean completly overhauling the whole system -all while the MCC is still pretty broken.

@@Hard Way

Where do you get that certainty from though? Many people were certain we would get a sprint toggle for H4 or -shock- the MCC would actually work. If they said they would overhaul it then feel free to correct me but I don't recall them saying they would

I don't remember where I read it, but I'm nearly certain I did.  If I had to guess, it was Bravo on these forums.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I would bet a lot of money that ranks will not be as they are now when they are released.

It really never surprises me how "Bad" at Halo most people are. I usually search with a party so i don't have to experience the cringe worthy game play. But when i do search in small groups. The frustrating, and just outright amazement that people really can't shoot in such a "easy" game to shoot in, is all very cringe worthy to me. 

btw, have we ever added each other on live? You're always welcome to fill a hole in my nightly rosters. We played a lot of HCS H2A, but we're always just down for fun. And we definitely do not suck, and can aim our guns :D

Games with Gold is 1000% necessary for this game, but if ranks aren't in place first, then our best chance at repopulation gets blown.

exactly, this game needs to go GWG shortly after ranks are out

at this rate we might meet that point around chistmas, which could justify to have such a "big and new" game in Games With Gold

i dont think a crazy deal like -80% off could change all that much tbh, people are still skeptical even when they have to spend 10 cent on a game

it would require quite some advertising effort my MS or 343i to get people rethink that the game works now

only a free game could make them test it out to make them realize it works (around chistmas when it actually does)

It really never surprises me how "Bad" at Halo most people are. I usually search with a party so i don't have to experience the cringe worthy game play. But when i do search in small groups. The frustrating, and just outright amazement that people really can't shoot in such a "easy" game to shoot in, is all very cringe worthy to me. 

btw, have we ever added each other on live? You're always welcome to fill a hole in my nightly rosters. We played a lot of HCS H2A, but we're always just down for fun. And we definitely do not suck, and can aim our guns :D

Oh yeah I've added you.  That sounds like a lot of fun.  I'll run some HCS.  I'm not as experienced at it, but I'd catch on quick and I'm eager to learn.  And I communicate well.  I know all too well how good you guys are.  I vividly remember matching you on Haven one time in H4, and it was a beating.  Lol, I'd love to play sometime.

@@Sn1pySn4p, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm hoping MS will see this as an exception.  But I've also heard the theory that MS just wants everyone to forget the MCC even exists so that its failure isn't fresh on their minds when deciding to buy H5.  Btw, gg on Derelict earlier tonight.  We almost got that comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

as an advertise shortly before H5 to boost its sales or as chistmas giveaway i could see it happening

it also helps that its an MS studio and not a game from a third party publisher that you need to pay for a mass licence