CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I remember the aiming on 360 being terrible as well, but I'll take your word for it that it's a different kind of terrible in the MCC.

I don't want to sound elitest about it but using my group of friends at a "test group" at least it seems the people that understood H3 360 aiming very well can easily tell how bad H3 MCC aiming is, the people that didn't understood it that well don't really see a difference.

I don't know how this could be fixed or how it even changed from 360 to MCC as it seems the rest of the games stayed pretty much the same for aiming? For e.g H2 seems to be the same, at least to me. It hasn't been mentioned by 343 so I know it's not getting fixed and I'm going to have to learn to live with it when H3 maps/forge get fixed and we get H3 in Hardcore/swat/snipers/doubles etc, but nontheless, it is completely different to the 360 aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't want to sound elitest about it but using my group of friends at a "test group" at least it seems the people that understood H3 360 aiming very well can easily tell how bad H3 MCC aiming is, the people that didn't understood it that well don't really see a difference.

I don't know how this could be fixed or how it even changed from 360 to MCC as it seems the rest of the games stayed pretty much the same for aiming? For e.g H2 seems to be the same, at least to me. It hasn't been mentioned by 343 so I know it's not getting fixed and I'm going to have to learn to live with it when H3 maps/forge get fixed and we get H3 in Hardcore/swat/snipers/doubles etc, but nontheless, it is completely different to the 360 aiming.

I play 5 on H3 and from what I can tell from the feel of it is; on og h3 the game is suppose to use a "grid aiming system", I get why people dislike it but once you get used to the nudging, twitch sort of aiming I feel like it forces you to be more accurate and more precise with your movement when aiming making it easier to aim in the other halos where the aim feels more flexible. Anyway, this grid aiming coupled with aim acceleration feels really slippy in mcc to me. I've no evidence to support it but taking a wild guess I think maybe 60fps has messed with the aim acceleration (on og I think you always start 3 sens and then speed up to your speed?) so you sort of get to your sens quicker, so that's why there's that slippy feeling as you start to turn in mcc. That and the 60fps makes the grid aiming more apparent. I don't mind it though, although I didn't play that many matches on mcc yet so it might annoy me later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've played three games so far today. Behold my teammates:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6E4C8E5DFFB1526!109&authkey=!ANthixsC6H2gUEE&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6E4C8E5DFFB1526!110&authkey=!AAmADgoDKZeNDmQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6E4C8E5DFFB1526!111&authkey=!ALznhAjwbOFQwk4&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6E4C8E5DFFB1526!110&authkey=!AAmADgoDKZeNDmQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

I can't believe how many people bought this collection without ever having touched a Halo game, or even any game for that matter.

They are fine playing h3 360 and XBC, people playing this are those who get Xbox one as a gift from christmas and some others, the most decent players are in the CE playlist or hardcore.

Just beat Halo on LASO without the Warthog - that was interesting. Time for TnR again!  

those screenshots are bitchin.

Seriously, such an incredible art style. Can the MCC campaign/multiplayer art team work on H5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are most of Certain Affinity's map depressing to look at?

They should keep it simple, really. Zenith is a headache to look at, and the lighting clashes with the skybox...

They should keep it simple, really. Zenith is a headache to look at, and the lighting clashes with the skybox...

Zenith is too much and Relic is too little. They need to hit the sweet spot.

Honestly has Certain Affinity ever made a map that doesn't suck in some way? I can't stand anything they've done starting with the Blastacular map pack in Halo 2. 343 needs to seriously stop letting them make anything for Halo.

Tombstone is seriously, still one of the most uninteresting and infuriating Halo 2 maps I've played. Containment was pretty much only meant for BTB (casual at that), but at least THAT map didn't suck in every aspect...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tombstone is seriously, still one of the most uninteresting and infuriating Halo 2 maps I've played. Containment was pretty much only meant for BTB (casual at that), but at least THAT map didn't suck in every aspect...

I don't know how tombstone plays outside of team snipers but I agree with you 110%

That map is shit

That map is shit

The skybox is freaking lazy too, like something out of Power Puff Girls, and I generally liked OG-Classic Halo 2's skyboxes.

Also, I swear red on Tombstone is being suffocated by an invisible barrier. I swear.

Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks Ranks 

• Upvote (+1) 8

EDIT: So thinking about the forge maps, 343 just rejected maps because they either were not pretty enough or didn't run well enough. Well then 343, why don't you take the H2A forge assets and freakin' FIX THEM. You know which ones cause frame rate problems, so get your art guys to work their mojo on them and make it run smoother.

I find it sad that so many forgers still don't get it. I see countless maps with stone structures looking like they are trying to pass as forerunner metallic beams stretching into the air. A palette's skin defines what architecture can successfully be created with *cough* true immersion into that theme. I only saw one map thus far that looked decent.

As for problems with performance of forge maps... Next gen anyone?