CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hmmm... Dat tease!

I have no doubts they are doing cool things with turning P2P into dedicated servers, but I wanna see in depth how they are going to put CE online. That's the big question.

I have no doubts they are doing cool things with turning P2P into dedicated servers, but I wanna see in depth how they are going to put CE online. That's the big question.

They are using Halo PC code. Thought you knew that.

They've already said there aren't any Armor Abilities "like they've existed before", so we have to wait and see what they mean.

The "spartan abilities" are going to be abilities that everyone has at all times. Frankie used the analogy of dual-wielding and vehicle boarding. So that's already a huge sigh of relief.

I'm guessing if you sprint and press/hold crouch you do a slide; and if you hold down melee while falling onto a surface, you'll slam the ground. Hopefully these abilities can make room for skillful outplays.

No Spectator Mode For The Master Chief Collection

Q: Will you be adding a spectator mode to The Master Chief Collection?
-Blurrance

A: By leveraging the Xbox One platform we’re able to take advantage of Twitch functionality to provide a spectator experience that will allow online players to stream their matches, speedruns, Forge sessions and more. However, there is not a dedicated in-game specific spectator mode. While we understand the importance and versatility of a dedicated spectating system, we’re confident that Twitch functionality will make it easy for anyone to share gameplay at any time while playing The Master Chief Collection.

No J.I.P

Q: Is there going to be Join-in-Progress for any of the games?
-Death31133

A: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Matchmaking will not feature Join-in-Progress.

Other questions

Q: Will there be a PC version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection at some point in the future? 
-Beats By Die

A: Our current focus is on the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.

Q: How will searching for Ranked vs Social playlists work?
-F U N Z B O B

A: Ranked and social playlists are something we’re carefully approaching and thinking about. As mentioned prior, we’ll be able to discuss ranking and philosophy in the next few months.

Q: Could the collection be developed on Xbox 360?
-xXLJSpartacusXx

A: We are dedicated to bringing a full and fun experience to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One, providing you with dedicated servers, a unified interface, increased visual fidelity, and gameplay running at 60 fps. We do not have any plans to bring the game to Xbox 360 as the game size, enhanced features and technical specifications simply can’t support it.

Q: When will we see more multiplayer gameplay for Halo 2? Also more of the re-imagined maps?
-kkohler22

A: We’ll have lots more multiplayer before launch. Keep an eye out during Gamescom in August!

The full Q&A... https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-6-19-14

• Upvote (+1) 2

The lack of a spectator mode is pretty disappointing.  From a tournament perspective, this is a bit of a punch in the gut.  Then again, we all watched pretty damn good POVs from 2006-present during tournament play. 

I thought everything with the PC code was still total crap.

It is. I don't think it has been said PC code is being used yet

The lack of a spectator mode is pretty disappointing.  From a tournament perspective, this is a bit of a punch in the gut.  Then again, we all watched pretty damn good POVs from 2006-present during tournament play. 

They give us H1-H4 in 60fps and 1080p with dedis for only $60 bucks and you're disappointed that they didn't take the time and effort to integrate spectator mode into these older games? Come on, be reasonable. There's a good chance H5 will have it anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They give us H1-H4 in 60fps and 1080p with dedis for only $60 bucks and you're disappointed that they didn't take the time and effort to integrate spectator mode into these older games? Come on, be reasonable. There's a good chance H5 will have it anyway.

There are a lot of people, myself included, who don't really care about halo 5 at this point. Adding a spectator mode into the MCC would have been ideal, but oh well I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't expecting spectator mode to be in. I felt like that might have been pushing it. The fact that did address it in the Q&A though gives me some hope for it to be included for future titles. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was not expecting spectator mode at all. I'm pretty happy with what we are getting as long as the netcode works well.

I agree 100%, I'm extremely happy with what we are getting and wasn't expecting it to be included. It just would have been extremely nice for the smaller tournaments to have it included, but either way I'm still jacked as hell for November 11.

Yeah, but spectator mode is important for tournaments.

Yes $60 is a great value for this collection no one is denying that, but come on STAY FOCUSED.

A lack of spectator mode hurt Halo a bit making it harder to set up and more costly.

With that said I wasn't expecting a spectator mode.

A lack of spectator mode hurt Halo a bit making it harder to set up and more costly.

Who gives a f*ck? Half of us wouldn't have even smelled this forum had they not made this game, and you're concerned with some mode we've never even had to begin with.

Telling us to STAY FOCUSED on things that aren't playing out favorite halo games in 1080p 60fps on dedicated servers is a bit selfish.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

this is probably pretty blasphemous to say as a comp player, but I don't really care if we don't get tournaments streamed for MCC.  I just really do not care, I'll watch some streams mainly for h1 but tourney wise I really don't care if they come in or not

@@xSociety

And ah interesting.  I think the code for h1 was mainly bad since bad servers from what I heard but idk I am not smart with coding

Edit: whoops meant to edit my first post, not double

The correct solution is to play Boxer in every Halo game like me.  :gandhi:

I just don't know if I'll be able to get good with hitting B to grenade.  I remember trying it for a day in Halo 2 and not liking it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

REJOICE! NO JOIN IN PROGRESS!

anchorman.jpg

Although I hate join in progress for halo, is there a better feeling in Gaming than coming into a game that looks totally out of hand only to carry your team to a win?

I think droid and I clutched it in call of duty ghosts one time, and it was the only memorable thing that happened in that awful game.

I just like the challenge.

It is pretty cool when that happens.

But when JiP can possibly ruin your win streak I get salty

Although I hate join in progress for halo, is there a better feeling in Gaming than coming into a game that looks totally out of hand only to carry your team to a win?

I think droid and I clutched it in call of duty ghosts one time, and it was the only memorable thing that happened in that awful game.

I just like the challenge.

But there is no worse feeling then entering a CTF game down 0-2 with your flag out the base and having the game end seconds after you join, then having the entire party back out then do it all over again.

tumblr_m8vqpvaOJY1r90hyk.gif

Never again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

JiP needs to be toggleable. That way I won't have to worry about joining a game down 4-0 in CTF and at the same time someone that has it toggled on can join my games when a player quits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But there is no worse feeling then entering a CTF game down 0-2 with your flag out the base and having the game end seconds after you join, then having the entire party back out

A few seconds is all I need ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1