CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Who is in charge of Halo 5? Bonnie, Kiki, Frankie? Who would present Halo 5 at E3? I think MCC would need to be solid by then or whoever's on stage would receive a cold reception... you'd think anyway. Hell, who knows maybe Halo 5 is the best selling Halo in history.

Even if it is, the population will be gone (just like H4) within a few months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's your base, not the enemy's base... That's a natural spawn point, since the player likely dropped down the lift. That would've happened in H2 OG as well.

-------------------

I want to clarify something, since I consistently seem to be going against the complain-grain here...

I am all for complaining. We should complain about everything that is wrong, and we shouldn't stop until they're fixed. But please, let's make sure we're complaining about things that are actually broken... There are so many to choose from that we definitely don't need to make up more. I haven't seen  anything in terms of the spawn system that leads me to believe it's any more broken than it was in Halo 2 OG - which, I will still contend is a much better system than Halo 3 was.

Lies... with the truth bomb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to clarify something, since I consistently seem to be going against the complain-grain here...

I am all for complaining. We should complain about everything that is wrong, and we shouldn't stop until they're fixed. But please, let's make sure we're complaining about things that are actually broken... There are so many to choose from that we definitely don't need to make up more. I haven't seen  anything in terms of the spawn system that leads me to believe it's any more broken than it was in Halo 2 OG - which, I will still contend is a much better system than Halo 3 was.

Like people complaining about Halo 3's aiming.

Its the same thing as people saying the halo 1 mcc pistol has spread. Your feelings about whether something is different or not dont matter. Noone can work with that, you have to be able to sit there and show recreatable proof that the problem exists if you ever want it fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is the gt "DugDooblin" familiar to anyone? I was his teammate on a game of Derelict earlier and he fucking laid waste to everyone. I thought he might be a regular at the beach or Ogre LANs or something, because that a pure one-man onslaught, and at least one of the guys on the other team was a good player. This Dooblin guy went like 25-0, and it ended early because they all quit. It was like watching Machete.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like people complaining about Halo 3's aiming.

Halo 3's aiming is certainly much more sensitive than originally, but it's pretty much a nonissue when you adapt to it.

Directional sound needs to be fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is the gt "DugDooblin" familiar to anyone? I was his teammate on a game of Derelict earlier and he fucking laid waste to everyone. I thought he might be a regular at the beach or Ogre LANs or something, because that a pure one-man onslaught, and at least one of the guys on the other team was a good player. This Dooblin guy went like 25-0, and it ended early because they all quit. It was like watching Machete.

Yeah man he's a beast. That's Poonmaster, number 10 on the Halo CE Power Ranking list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We'll shit on scrubs he said.

We will be fine he said.

you secretly were the scrub all this time! :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you have to be on Legendary to find all the skulls and terminals on H2?

Only for Skulls, you can find Terminals on any difficulty

Yeah man he's a beast. That's Poonmaster, number 10 on the Halo CE Power Ranking list.

Well I don't feel so bad anymore. It's funny that someone else brought him up. I played two games with him earlier and had no idea it was him but he definitely left an impression. At least I didn't get smacked by some online warrior scrub. He was searching solo and the first game he was on the opposite team. I leaned very quickly to stay away from him haha. He went something like 26-5 and we lost 50-32. Second game matched us with the same people on pris except it flipped him to our team. We ended up winning the game 50-7. I don't think he died once.

Seemingly 99% of the MM games I'm in I can run camo/rockets/os uncontested. There is a half percent that also times and every once in a while will put up a fight. Then I run into someone like him and just get slaughtered by a grenade that he spams at weapon nading spots so I don't even have a chance.

Damn it that sucks!

Put on the scarab skull, easy enough.

One skull you can get on normal. The first skull on outskirts I believe.

Could someone explain Halo 2 classic spawns to me? I don't need an incredibly in depth explanation, but just what variables is accounted for and if there's any that take up a lot of priority. I feel it usually spawns me close to a teammate, even if an enemy is standing right in front of the spawn point, so I'm assuming teammate proximity has a huge influence.

Am I wrong and is there anything else I should know?

You know what's sad? Halo 3 was top 3 in Xbox Live until Reach came out. Reach was Top 3 for a year. We had over 400k people playing Halo 4 like first day, at least over 400k people trying to play MCC, and now.... we're like this. 25k people playing MCC daily.

Battlefield Hardline's population? Won't comment about it.

10949795_10206245715880411_1587515770_n.

But the thing that pisses me off.... Is that MCC can't even have half the people (talking about X1) when we used to be on top. Goddammit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No the spawns in h2c are wrong. Coming from someone that played months of xbc leading up to this game. They are wrong. I'm not debating spawning into the bomb plant, but they are wrong.

It takes one game of midship 1v1 to have the enemy spawning directly in your line of sight 10 feet away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No the spawns in h2c are wrong. Coming from someone that played months of xbc leading up to this game. They are wrong. I'm not debating spawning into the bomb plant, but they are wrong.

It takes one game of midship 1v1 to have the enemy spawning directly in your line of sight 10 feet away.

What spawns are wrong? Can you point to anything more than anecdotal evidence? It's impossible to address feedback of "this is wrong."

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know what's sad? Halo 3 was top 3 in Xbox Live until Reach came out. Reach was Top 3 for a year. We had over 400k people playing Halo 4 like first day, at least over 400k people trying to play MCC, and now.... we're like this. 25k people playing MCC daily.

Battlefield Hardline's population? Won't comment about it.

10949795_10206245715880411_1587515770_n.

But the thing that pisses me off.... Is that MCC can't even have half the people (talking about X1) when we used to be on top. Goddammit.

It's just a lot of us have gotten older and learned to move on. Many of my friends have sold the game already. Also I'm still holding off on playing it a bunch because I enjoy other competitive games and want to wait for the ranking system before making a full comeback.

What spawns are wrong? Can you point to anything more than anecdotal evidence? It's impossible to address feedback of "this is wrong."

The only guess that I can make for team games is that it highly values team proximity despite recent death locations. So even if three teammates die in the same location it will still spawn you there if your last remaining player is nearby.

In the og game team death locations made it very unlikely to spawn there again.

I had a game of sanc slayer where the other team was trapped under red turrent for 20+ kills despite our whole team being in ring or at red. It refused to spawn the team at blue bc I assume we never got all four dead simultaneously.

• Upvote (+1) 1