CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Had a little nap, woke up checked Facebook saw TB page post update is live.... Is this real life or am I dreaming

Okay so we just figured out the whole host / game situation.  These are dedicated servers I'm 100% sure, people are quitting an the game is ending so the game has host to it similar to lan in a way.  But yeah host is gone just about.

Halo CE had been consistently wonderful. My god how I missed out on all the LAN.

Also it's very very very satisfying to have somehow killed someone and hurled their body through a teleporter.

Ok, can people who are actually playing answer some questions:

1. Search times?

2. H2C hit reg? Is it better or just marginally?

3. Parties, how responsive is it? Does it take 2300 years to back out of a search and does the party stay together after?

4. @@Frankie said that there may be some server side things affecting MM 3v4's still, but are 3v4's still frequent?

5. Has anyone tried BTB? I literally have never found a game in that since release.

6. Is this placebo or is the game actually functioning now?

Sooooooo from what I am reading is you guys are getting games faster, and possibly getting on dedicated servers for more games?

However still uneven teams at times, and the matches still ending randomly?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been testing every playlist,

TS,h2c,h3,h2a,h4 (yes i wanna be thorough)

now btb...and ..holy shit it's 7v7

every game been smooth, even....

I live in Vancouver, unsure if that matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Search times?

3. Parties, how responsive is it? Does it take 2300 years to back out of a search and does the party stay together after?

4. @@Frankie said that there may be some server side things affecting MM 3v4's still, but are 3v4's still frequent?

5. Has anyone tried BTB? I literally have never found a game in that since release.

This is what I am worried about the most right now. 

1. Search times?

Read the last few pages...It's definitely working.  

1. Search times?

1. Amazing, on par with all other games

2. Better but ways to go

3. FUCKING. PERFECT.

4. I had one 4v3. We'll see tomorrow if it keeps doing that.

5. I haven't but I've read they're fast.

6. ITS FUCKING WORKING :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

1. Search times?

1. I've had better search times. Not "FAST" but, still better than before

2. It's silky so far, in fact I venture to say it's consistent to what a PC port should feel like

3. Unchecked

4. It isn't fast but it works, emphasis on it isn't very fast still

5. WOW HOLY CRAP PANTS BATMAN IT WORKS

6. It might not be the last fix this game needs but it's far, far better... Right now

1. Search times? On par with a modern MP game

2. H2C hit reg? Is it better or just marginally? Better

3. Parties, how responsive is it? Does it take 2300 years to back out of a search and does the party stay together after? Great. No issues.

4. @@Frankie said that there may be some server side things affecting MM 3v4's still, but are 3v4's still frequent? I had one 3v4 and that was because someone quit beforehand (I played 8 games)

5. Has anyone tried BTB? I literally have never found a game in that since release. I found matches in under a minute (played 2 games)

6. Is this placebo or is the game actually functioning now? I don't know.

Also I played 8 or so games and had dedis every single time.

Man... I'm playing Halo 1 and I'm playing so freaking good and I'm loving how smooth H1 and H2C is.

That being said, can someone please tell me I'm not the only one playing Halo 1 right now and I feel so fidgety with my aim because I'm so used to the damn anti aim I keep trying to adjust for it lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. Amazing, on par with all other games

2. Better but ways to go

3. FUCKING. PERFECT.

4. I had one 4v3. We'll see tomorrow if it keeps doing that.

5. I haven't but I've read they're fast.

6. ITS FUCKING WORKING :)

Really glad I stocked up on lube yesterday.

My older brother (who has little experience playing Halo) has talked about wanting to get MCC since he has an xbox one. I've had to tell him to hold off because the game has piss-poor functionality and would rather not let him deal with this crap.

I hope this patch has improved things as people are suggested. It would mean very much to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Search times?

If it's still regional searching, your probably still only going to get games in TS and H2A (oceanic server)

As a mod can confirm, I only registered yesterday, so it's a coincidence. I was never "hiding"

I've heard good things about this update. Let's hope it stays that way. Now, can you please tell us if you guys are going to be working on making the emblems in Halo 2 appear in game? Because it is the ONLY Halo to use the emblem over-head in game.  Just look at my avatar for example.

Game was working pretty damn good for us. Played with friends. Played Big Team just fine. Had one friend that kept getting dropped front the lobby and party but pretty sure it's something on his end. Can back out of a search with party intact and search again right away.

19 weeks though. It's like the game finally released on 3/3/15

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys don't tease me. Is this real? I'll be home in a month and I will finally be able to play for the first time. I am sooooooooooooooooo excited!