CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There are those who said this day would never come...

Remember ORD when we found out CEA had no h1 online lmao. Oh the tears

Remember ORD when we found out CEA had no h1 online lmao. Oh the tears

It was okay though, we still had the ODST pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Master Chief Collection Reaction Compilation

Hey Everyone! I was watching a bunch of community reactions to the new Halo Master Chief Collection and I thought it would be fun to mash them all up into one video, enjoy :)

Be sure to subscribe to everyone in the video! "Links down below"

Submitting Copyright infringement  :kappa:

was not expecting anyone to download my shitty reaction

edit: my face is priceless in the bottom right corner

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with what you're saying, except that it'll be similar to 2007 :P (game progressed from 04-07 quite a bit.

I actually think theres a little more room to improve H2, or at least everyone who stopped playing in 07 can come back and improve. What I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how some of the new blood goes up against the vets.

About a year ago was a h2 tournament out in Cali. No top 8 pros attended, but there were still pro's there who consistently placed within the top 12 when it was on the circuit. Gexny, Shooter, Loondog and then a 4th that I don't recognize.  They dominated most of the tournament including the FFA with the exception of one team. The team was made up of players who never even broke top 64 or even went to a h2 event. However it was a team made up of players who dominated on XBC, especially Zyfe. Zyfe is the modern day version of Eli The Ninja if you know what I mean. It was an epic series with Zyfe's team coming back to win it.

What I'm saying is, remember how awesome it was with the rivalries? FB vs Carbon? Carbon vs Str8? then the hunt from various teams like Nice Like Rice, MoB Gaming, XiT? Then of course we had 5k who went from being online warriors to becoming a top team. We get to experience a lot of that again but with more teams rising up past the vets. 

Very true, even if the game is "old" to you(which is weird because H1 never had XBL+H2's been off for about 3.5-4 years now), the stories and teams will be different. I saw that tournament as well, Zyfe went huge in that series if I remember correctly.

As for the MCC being bad for comp Halo, I think comp Halo is nearly dead right now and we need a volt of electricity now and the MCC will provide that. The awesome thing about the MCC is that if H5 is a repeat of H4, then our scene wont be completely dead in the water because we will have the "best" comp Halo's still available to play on XB1. I think after H4's troubles 343 recognizes now that H5 will have to stick to the Halo roots to see long term success, they aren't just doing the MCC for the fans or even for profit, they are doing it because they know Halo MP is in trouble right now and they cant afford to release H5 to a greatly reduced MP audience.

There are those who said this day would never come...

the ORD clan returns, gotta get ahold of Saustin, he's one of the only ones I haven't seen post since the big announcement

the ORD clan returns, gotta get ahold of Saustin, he's one of the only ones I haven't seen post since the big announcement

He's pretty excited, I talked to him when it happened.

I wonder if they'll offer new original maps...

Making some sort of deal with everyone involved in Halo 1.5 and adding some of the maps would be wonderful too, although I doubt it would happen.  It's a shame because money could go to Pwnytar's family or something, I can see a lot of good coming form it.

Damn, does Pwnytar have illness in the family or something? 

I see all you guys getting super hyped and happy for the master chief collection and I feel like I'm the only one not as hyped as you guys...Well I started halo multiplayer on halo 3 but did play a bit of CE campaign when i was like 3? But I managed to complete halo 2 and halo CE campaign. So now I kinda feel like I've missed the hype/nostalgia train for Halo 2 anniversary, or even for the collection :P

P.S. Don't kill me D:

Damn, does Pwnytar have illness in the family or something? 

He passed away about 2 years ago, which is why it would be cool if some proceeds from his work could go to his family.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking about Pwnytar maps a few days after this was announced, never got the chance to play on them :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw a video recently about Ghandi saying he doesn't want anybody to touch or mess around with Halo 2 and forge and the settings.

Just out of curiosity do you guys agree?

If we were able to get forge for original h2, changing the weapon spawn system, weapon/powerup timers, and possibly item placements would make the game better. Messing with player spawns probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

If we were able to get forge for original h2, changing the weapon spawn system, weapon/powerup timers, and possibly item placements would make the game better. Messing with player spawns probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

It might be better, but at the same time it might be worse. With people changing settings, it can create unnecessary debates and wars about settings. When we have a original/default settings that no-one can mess it up... it's good, because people have to use those settings one way or the other. It doesn't really matter because Halo 2's original settings are the best for 4v4's imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't know this was the new place to be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone post the Sundance tweet so I can say

"Looks like we're in for more Pit Flag, sigh"

• Upvote (+1) 1

OH SHIT HES BACK

THE GANG'S ALL HERE.

Save for Cherno and BigShow of course.

THE GANG'S ALL HERE.

Save for Cherno and BigShow of course.

Chernos got a kid anyways, probably doesn't have time for us :( Bigshow idk what happened to that guy