CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anyone know if they're going to have Team Hardcore for Halo 2 when it launches? Reason I ask is because SMG starts are horrible for Halo 2. It took a long time to convince Bungie at the time to have BR start games...and I feel that unless there's a team hardcore playlist, we're going to be forced to play customs to get BR starts.

Thoughts?

There will be a competitive playlist of some sort, no doubt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something I continue to be confused by: will we be able to play the H2 MP using the graphics they showed for the campaign? Or will we be restricted to the "reimagined" maps using the Xbox One engine if we want to play something like H2 with updated graphics?

Something I continue to be confused by: will we be able to play the H2 MP using the graphics they showed for the campaign? Or will we be restricted to the "reimagined" maps using the Xbox One engine if we want to play something like H2 with updated graphics?

The latter. Original multiplayer for the games includes original graphics, but with improvements to the resolution and frame rate.

The latter. Original multiplayer for the games includes original graphics, but with improvements to the resolution and frame rate.

That's honestly too bad. The campaign graphics look gorgeous and true to the original and I'd love to be able to play on them in MP. 

Thanks for the response though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's honestly too bad. The campaign graphics look gorgeous and true to the original and I'd love to be able to play on them in MP. 

Thanks for the response though.

As amazing as completely remastering all of the multiplayer graphics would be it could also come with a few issues such as what we see not quite matching the actual geometry, as seen in CEA's campaign.

Still, we can dream...

As amazing as completely remastering all of the multiplayer graphics would be it could also come with a few issues such as what we see not quite matching the actual geometry, as seen in CEA's campaign.

Still, we can dream...

That's fair. And honestly I would take old graphics over new graphics + texture/geometry glitches.

If they only launch with 6 maps for the anniversary version, does this mean there will be DLC?

It's certainly a possibility.

It's certainly a possibility.

I would almost guarantee that 343i are going to update most of the maps to anniversary standards in form of DLC. The MCC at $60 is a steal...they would be dumb not to make more maps and sell them. I'd gladly buy them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they only launch with 6 maps for the anniversary version, does this mean there will be DLC?

With something like 100 MP maps on disk what could we see from a DLC ?

Most DLC's have old remade maps in them and we already have all those

I would almost guarantee that 343i are going to update most of the maps to anniversary standards in form of DLC. The MCC at $60 is a steal...they would be dumb not to make more maps and sell them. I'd gladly buy them.

I'd be surprised if they don't release updated versions of most of the maps.  Thing is, I'm not sure I'll spend a single cent on DLC.  It will all depend upon the gameplay experience on the new engine, and I'm very eager to test it out as I expect it will be a sneak peak of what's in Halo's future.

For me to purchase DLC, however, the new engine experience will have to be better than the original or I won't be spending any time on the updated maps.  I've had enough experience with shiny new graphics.  I haven't had near enough experience with superior gameplay.  TMCC for me is all about the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if they'll offer new original maps...

Making some sort of deal with everyone involved in Halo 1.5 and adding some of the maps would be wonderful too, although I doubt it would happen.  It's a shame because money could go to Pwnytar's family or something, I can see a lot of good coming form it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With something like 100 MP maps on disk what could we see from a DLC ?

Most DLC's have old remade maps in them and we already have all those

This. MM could get kind of congested unless streamlined properly. We already have remakes from 1-4 in the map pool. 

I wouldn't want more maps, got enough in the game :). I'm happy with what we already get.

and it begins

Ewww...I hope this doesn't mean Ninja and Victory are thinking about teaming for H2A.

I'd be surprised if they don't release updated versions of most of the maps.  Thing is, I'm not sure I'll spend a single cent on DLC.  It will all depend upon the gameplay experience on the new engine, and I'm very eager to test it out as I expect it will be a sneak peak of what's in Halo's future.

For me to purchase DLC, however, the new engine experience will have to be better than the original or I won't be spending any time on the updated maps.  I've had enough experience with shiny new graphics.  I haven't had near enough experience with superior gameplay.  TMCC for me is all about the gameplay.

I couldn't agree more, with the map pool we'll already get at launch the game will have to be on point gameplay-wise for us to buy DLCs, no matter what they end up being.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if they'll offer new original maps...

Making some sort of deal with everyone involved in Halo 1.5 and adding some of the maps would be wonderful too, although I doubt it would happen. It's a shame because money could go to Pwnytar's family or something, I can see a lot of good coming form it.

I loved Insidious' map pack, I'd love to have all those maps available on mcc
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Will 343i employees get flaming head in Halo 3? Will the Vidmasters come back? Just 2 things I thought of recently.

Will 343i employees get flaming head in Halo 3? Will the Vidmasters come back? Just 2 things I thought of recently.

There are new achievements and some of the vidmasters were in ODST, so probably not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are new achievements and some of the vidmasters were in ODST, so probably not.

I guess I meant how will you unlock recon now?

I guess I meant how will you unlock recon now?

By not being an MCC kid :kappa: