CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 2 doesn't have Forge, only the 6 maps remade for the Halo 2: Anniversary maps have it.

Ah okay. Well I stand corrected then!

i searched for 10mins, couldn't fine. It was the "343 halo pros" playing. It was done on more than 1 occasion as well.

8258d96427.png

Streamed on what, twitch? Streaming Halo CE 2v2's? How did it look?

Streamed on what, twitch? Streaming Halo CE 2v2's? How did it look?

it was the original halo ce. it looked like halo ce? might have been on mlg.tv or twitch i cant remember this was a while ago. my point was that they at least know the settings and play on the proper settings

How does recording gameplay work for xboxone? Do I just scream at my tv to record my game and it will record until I tell it to stop, or is it always recording?

@@TeRRoR

It's basically always recording. You can say "Xbox Record That" and it will capture the last 30 seconds. You can also say "Xbox Snap Game DVR" and click on "End Clip Now" which allows you to capture the previous 5 minutes.

OR, you can stream directly to twitch and just take your rebroadcasts if you want full gameplays. The quality suffers but it's better than nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The one thing I am not looking forward to is theater being unavailable in CE/2.

I loathed always having to run a cap card back in COD4/MW2 times if I wanted gameplay. Just chews up HDD space and makes it harder to organize. 

Really hoping there will be separate playlists for each game. H1 2v2s, H2 FFAs, H2 4v4s, H3 4v4s, H3 Team Snipers etc all with playlist ranking.  It's going to be a mess if to play Team Slayer you have to jump from one halo to the next.  People need the choice, democracy such as a voting system always leaves some unhappy, which is what you don't want.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really hoping there will be separate playlists for each game. H1 2v2s, H2 FFAs, H2 4v4s, H3 4v4s, H3 Team Snipers etc all with playlist ranking.  It's going to be a mess if to play Team Slayer you have to jump from one halo to the next.  People need the choice, democracy such as a voting system always leaves some unhappy, which is what you don't want.

I hope they do but they must be careful in that regard. They can't split the populations TOO MUCH and only have a 1000 people searching in each category. Maybe 3 playlists per game? And then a 13th to make it a baker dozen. As in H1 FFA, H1 Standard, H1 Hardcore, H2 FFA, H2 Standard, H2 Hardcore, etc. Hardcore would be your MLG settings, then your 13th would be an action sack which would then be by design the mixture of the games and maps to vote on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 doesn't have Forge, only the 6 maps remade for the Halo 2: Anniversary maps have it.

Has this been confirmed? The only thing that I've heard is that H2A will have forge, but no one has specifically said if it will only be able to be used on the 6 remade maps or all of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has this been confirmed? The only thing that I've heard is that H2A will have forge, but no one has specifically said if it will only be able to be used on the 6 remade maps or all of them.

Confirmed to be H2A on the 6 maps only. It's a new engine which allows them to have Forge on. 

The OG H2 engine which we're getting didn't allow for Forge back in the day (obviously), so it won't be coming on the OG H2 with all the maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Confirmed to be H2A on the 6 maps only. It's a new engine which allows them to have Forge on. 

The OG H2 engine which we're getting didn't allow for Forge back in the day (obviously), so it won't be coming on the OG H2 with all the maps. 

Fortunately I say, I'm with Gandhi on this one.  I want H2 back exactly the way it was.

I figured as much, and would rather that they didn't tamper with it. Both Frank O'Connor and Dan Ayoub only stated that it'd be available for H2A, and didn't specifically state that it would only be used on the 6 remade maps. Thanks.

I like Gandhi as a personality, he's funny, but a word of advice, don't treat what he says as gospel, he has a track record of getting information wrong or twisted and jumps the gun on a number of things. These Forums are a much more reliable source, we have multiple people who look at all the tiny details and figure out exactly what's happening and people here are not afraid to correct someone if they're wrong about something.

Oh I'm definitely with you here, I disagree with a lot of what he says it's just I agree with him in this case to not wanting OG H2 maps forged in some way and then in the map pool.  Which I think is very reasonable and as you say isn't happening anyway.

Oh I'm definitely with you here, I disagree with a lot of what he says it's just I agree with him in this case to not wanting OG H2 maps forged in some way and then in the map pool.  Which I think is very reasonable and as you say isn't happening anyway.

Yeah, I mean I could see both sides to it. On one side, Forge could ruin our map pool with people coming in and trying to change it up (although I don't see that happening), but on the other hand, it wouldn't really hurt the game in a big way. It'd be another feature that players could utilise. It would help the Custom community on fun gametypes etc, but yeah, it's not happening so no big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Embarrassing to say, but I'm still extremely excited about the MCC news. November seems so far away, it can't come soon enough. H2 XBC will have to hold me over until then! I'm excited that ranks are finally coming back in the right way.  

I hope they do but they must be careful in that regard. They can't split the populations TOO MUCH and only have a 1000 people searching in each category. Maybe 3 playlists per game? And then a 13th to make it a baker dozen. As in H1 FFA, H1 Standard, H1 Hardcore, H2 FFA, H2 Standard, H2 Hardcore, etc. Hardcore would be your MLG settings, then your 13th would be an action sack which would then be by design the mixture of the games and maps to vote on.

Not every game needs a FFA playlist.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Can someone give me a rundown on the Halo 2 weapon spawn times. I was playing it the other day trying to time weapons and realized I had completely forgotten almost all of them. Need to sharpen up the skills before November so I can hand out the smack downs when it's live.

Can someone give me a rundown on the Halo 2 weapon spawn times. I was playing it the other day trying to time weapons and realized I had completely forgotten almost all of them. Need to sharpen up the skills before November so I can hand out the smack downs when it's live.

Map by map

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not every game needs a FFA playlist.

Uh yes they do FFA is one of the best playlists there is and is essentially a staple at this point though I would prefer FFA without Objective gametypes in there who ever thought that was a good idea should be fired.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This isn't even a question...

I will pre-order if I can and stand in line to get it like the previous Halo's.

Gaming sucks right now, but this pack is the beginning of a better season of gaming and the reason you purchase an Xbox: One.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm probably the only person here that is looking forward to playing the campaign

No, I'm looking forward to that as much as MP, especially Halo 1 and 2. Being able to select certain missions according to their similar traits should be awesome.

Anyone know if they're going to have Team Hardcore for Halo 2 when it launches? Reason I ask is because SMG starts are horrible for Halo 2. It took a long time to convince Bungie at the time to have BR start games...and I feel that unless there's a team hardcore playlist, we're going to be forced to play customs to get BR starts.

Thoughts?