CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

A lot of people I play Halo with are from the US :P

And we're playing on US servers and you're gonna like it

And we're playing on US servers and you're gonna like it

Only fair, I made you put up with the EU servers for Titanfall.

Heck, I made you put up with Titanfall.

Only fair, I made you put up with the EU servers for Titanfall.

Heck, I made you put up with Titanfall.

You still playing it?

Getting an Xone tomorrow! Won't even rage, I know what to expect from the game...

The playlist have to be condensed big time. Already going to have a split population, and with the more playlist options it will be even more split.

This will be the biggest challenge of MCC.

There is almost no good way to segregate the experience of this collection. People who think there is a clear answer are probably overestimating the population of each game over time. Unfortunately I think there will eventually come a time where the individual game playlists will have to be taken out in favor of just one big mixed playlist.

At launch, I think the following hoppers will be just right for the populations;

Halo CE: 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, FFA

Halo 2: 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, FFA

Halo 3: 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, FFA

Halo 4: You won't play it so who cares

Mixed: 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, FFA

I think you can even eliminate unpopular hoppers as time goes on. Maybe CE 8v8, Halo 4 2v2, and Halo 3 FFA aren't doing so well. They can cut those at some point in 2015 to boost other playlists.

I think if you expect to not only get individual games, and not only specific playlist sizes, but also GAMETYPE, you will be let down. Either it will hinder the matchmaking experience, or it won't happen in the first place.

I still think that no matter what happens with matchmaking playlists and populations, the lasting appeal will be with custom games. In this community we will ALWAYS have people to play with.

EDIT: I will say for the conversation going on above me, I actually LOVED Titanfall. I was 10th gen within a month, I never play a single game that much. I was so glad to beat the gooser challenge pre-patch. I was so proud.

EDIT 2: Maybe a while down the road, instead of a voting system for a mixed lobby, they just fill in for whatever game needs another team. So maybe CE doesn't have a great population in 2v2 (lol), and two guys go in and search for a while with no luck. Well maybe 2 guys go into a mixed lobby and it searches for a proper match regardless of title and the two parties get paired. Just an idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You still playing it?

Getting an Xone tomorrow! Won't even rage, I know what to expect from the game...

Haven't touched it for at least a month or two now. Nothing was keeping me playing to be honest. The lack of game modes, weapon customization, etc. I got nothing out of ranking up or playing.

Haven't touched it for at least a month or two now. Nothing was keeping me playing to be honest. The lack of game modes, weapon customization, etc. I got nothing out of ranking up or playing.

Ew sounds terrible I will only get the console then.

Any games on Xone that you can recommend?

I'm surprised no one has made thoughts about Join in Progress.

Doesn't fit the description: Exactly as it shipped ten years ago.

But you're right actually. It's a valid concern... On the other hand JIP was well handled in Throwdown near the end which makes me think that it will actually be tweaked right when a ranking system is present or not there at all possibly in CE, 2 and 3.

I'm still too blown away by the announcement of MCC to worry though. I guess we'll find out closer to release.

wait they played h1 on MCC?

they streamed h1 before and it was actually the "mlg" settings every time

Doesn't fit the description: Exactly as it shipped ten years ago.

But you're right actually. It's a valid concern... On the other hand JIP was well handled in Throwdown near the end which makes me think that it will actually be tweaked right when a ranking system is present or not there at all possibly in CE, 2 and 3.

I'm still too blown away by the announcement of MCC to worry though. I guess we'll find out closer to release.

Custom games in Halos 2, 3, and 4 have join in progress, as well as the PC version of Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ew sounds terrible I will only get the console then.

Any games on Xone that you can recommend?

Assassin's Creed 4 without a doubt. Game is fun as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they streamed h1 before and it was actually the "mlg" settings every time

source?

The memories of playing 1v1's on lockout with my friends has me so excited for this.  I was also too young to get into Halo 1 mp at the time, all I have been able to play is campaign.   So excited to be able to experience it for the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any VoD?

source?

i searched for 10mins, couldn't fine. It was the "343 halo pros" playing. It was done on more than 1 occasion as well.

8258d96427.png

I'm surprised no one has made thoughts about Join in Progress.

There's a thread created here on the subject, but Social playlists with JIP and Ranked playlists with no JIP is the way to go imo.

Well, that sucks if that's the case. If I want to only search CE, I'm gonna be booted out of about 50 games before I find a lobby that wants to play CE. I really hope they just make a dedicated section for each game so I can match up against people who are also only searching in the specific game I'm searching in.

Seriously? 

Why don't they just do filters so you only search for a certain game/games so you don't end up in the lobby in the first place?

Do we really want a system that boots people before a game even starts?

This. Must. Change.

I'm Sure this is something that could be changed as the days go the video was from a week ago and that might still be in early beta stages (i have no idea)

But yes i think we would all like to see that changed, all they would need to do is add filters for searching .

Hoping for the best.

Am I the only one not a fan of the "all in one menu"? When I first heard about this game, I was under the assumption we'd see a return of the actual games original lobbies like so: 

BqNEaS-CEAA0yMC.png

I don't know why they didn't just make it so you could boot the actual game like it was originally, and then maybe keep their current system for the people that oddly enough would want to play all 4 games seemingly simultaneously. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Am I the only one not a fan of the "all in one menu"? When I first heard about this game, I was under the assumption we'd see a return of the actual games original lobbies like so: 

BqMf6sHCIAA45Gl.png

I don't know why they didn't just make it so you could boot the actual game like it was originally, and then maybe keep their current system for the people that oddly enough would want to play all 4 games seemingly simultaneously. 

I definitely don't think you are alone.  Personally I am excited to play just 1 and 2, but I won't mind playing a game of 3 every once in a while.  But I totally agree that there should be an option for each playlist to choose if you want to play a certain game or a mix.  I am just wondering if that would be crazy difficult to pull off logistically.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BqMf6sHCIAA45Gl.png

Dude just be happen there are no Pokemon cards and shit and personally I liked the UI. Everything was so seamless and as long as game play is fine I don't think it should matter

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm Sure this is something that could be changed as the days go the video was from a week ago and that might still be in early beta stages (i have no idea)

But yes i think we would all like to see that changed, all they would need to do is add filters for searching .

Hoping for the best.

Don't worry about it, turns out we're just dumb.

Saw a video recently about Ghandi saying he doesn't want anybody to touch or mess around with Halo 2 and forge and the settings.

Just out of curiosity do you guys agree? 

Saw a video recently about Ghandi saying he doesn't want anybody to touch or mess around with Halo 2 and forge and the settings.

Just out of curiosity do you guys agree?

Halo 2 doesn't have Forge, only the 6 maps remade for the Halo 2: Anniversary maps have it.